student/graduate account overdraft

loudog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally opened my student account with barclays back in 1999, it then changed over to a graduate account (when i graduated), then i went back to uni and it became a student account again, then when i graduated they allowed me about 12 or 24 months interest free on my £3k overdraft before putting the interest up. it has been costing me around £40 a month in interest, which is making the £70 a month I pay off it not go very far.

to cut a long story short... i am technically still a student as i am enrolled on an MA course through work, and have been since 2004. i took in evidence for this academic year so they have changed my account back to a student one. what i really want to know, is if i were to give them evidence showing how long i have been enrolled as a post grad student again, how likely is it that they woudl refund all of my interest charges?

sorry to be a pain, and to post such a long thread and ask for advice, but i want to get rid of this debt as soon as, and if i can get the £200 or so that i've paid in interest it would really help!

• 1 month later...

why are you paying so much interest?, is it because you went over 3 years?, what interest rate are you paying?? you could try posting this is the student section as well.

back to the top bump:grin:

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

thanks for your reply, i was just about to give up on this site, and on this stupid overdraft. i am now classed as a student again by barclays, but they have me down as being in my first year, even though i am technically in my third year (they won't accept any of my proof!). this month my interest is £98 on £2500 overdrawn balance. i got as getting one months £37.66 interest charge back because i complained about the pathetic service in branch.

is there anyone else who can give me any advice? i would really like to claim back some of these interest chrages if i can but i'm pretty sure that i don't stand a chance.

thanks again pugsley, i really appreciate you taking the time to reply :)

This site has got really busy recently, but you can bump up your thread and eventually you will get some help, don't give up there are some really knowledgeable people on here.

Although there must be an easier way, to sort this out, I would get your interest frozen with the help of your local CAB, this can be for a minimum period of 3 months I believe.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.