• Tweets

• The car makers used parts made by a supplier banned over alleged links to Chinese forced labour.View the full article
    • I need to get a hamster. lol
    • Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MCOL - here we go....***won***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I have made a total boob.

My schedule of charges I have sent do not appear to have the write adtes on. basically Excel screwd up the dates for the schedule of charges I sent with the PRELIM and the LBA.

What should I do??

Sort the dates out on the sheet. Post them a new copy saying the originals had errors.

They know when and what they charged you, this shouldn't cause any problems.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

thansk for that.

Should I give them another 14 days or just proceed as normal. basically they have 1 more week to response or MCOL.

Or should I give them a further 14 days.

Will the court acknowledge that they know when charges where taken from my account.

Guest ian cognito

As they already have this info themselves, I wouldn't give them extra time, you will have to file your claim before they will pay out but they will pay out after saying they will defend.

I take it the amount of charges were correct, just the dates wrong?

Yup the amounts are spot on just the dates, but it has the full breakdown just wrong daytes - ARGH I hate Excel at times.

I did begin to wonder when I received no response from A&L after the PRELIM letter.

I reckon they think I am an idiot who does not knwo what he is doing.

Could kick myself for the mistake.

Oh well. Have just printed off the letter again will send out on Monday

Thanks for your help

I agree with Ian.

Just make sure that you send them an updated schedule of charges.

As long as the courts receive the correct documents and amounts, thats the most important thing.

When you do the interest spreadsheet for your claim, double check its correct as changing amounts at court stage costs a £35 fee.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Bit of an odd one, sent off my PRELIM Letter -it was received on the 16th Feb,

Heard NOTHING from A&L in that time, on the 5th of March sent LBA - again nothing heard so got worried contacted post office about when it was delivered and as of yet ( 1 week later) still not showing as received, but they have had problems with their scanners she told me

Help what shoudl I do ?

Wait another week as per the 14 days and just issue MCOL

First of all blimeyboy, it's best to stick to just one thread for all your questions, as things can get confused if you keep opening new ones!

In answer to your question, just stick to the timetable. If you've used recorded delivery, chances are they've been received safely enough. I suspect their lack of replies is due to their being snowed under with claims. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have also made a total boob! BUT even worse

I basically didn't read what I should have done properly, so with the first letter I sent them the pages of the statement back wtih the charges highlighted.....oops. Now looking I can see I should have done the Excel spread sheet.

I have heard back from them (on the 14th day) saying they are dealing with it and will be back to me in due course.

But I need to send them back the third letter really now.....but do I stick to the orginal claim or do it properly.???

HELP

Guest ian cognito

Kerry just complete a schedule on the spreadsheet and send that along with your LBA it won't be a problem.

Start your own thread in your bank forum so you can keep a track and get help from others.

Ok so we are at MCOL stage.

After SAR found that they owed me £3k in charges over the last 6 years. The account was closed about 2 years ago. Was totally gobsmacked by the amount.

Have given 14 days for PRELIM Letter - had no response.

14 days later LBA sent - again no reply at all from A&L. Which is think is odd.

Monday morning at 9am the MCOL claim is paid for and sent.

Wish me luck.

Hope its straight forward. Does anyone have anyidea what the average time to pay out is from A&L.

Hi Again...

When i filed, they acknowledged within a week, defended a few days later. Ive filed allocation questionaire now. I had not had any offers till just after i filed the AQ they offered 1,760 on a claim for 3,444 (inc interest fees etc). I returned the chq so i am hoping they make a better offer sooner but i am prepared for court. I got to my court date with barclays before i accepted their offer.

jenny

Just re-worked out the charges excluding the £10 that is outside the 6 year rule and guess what, with interest up to and including today the claim increased to more than the £10 they are arguing over.

I mean they are being such muppets now quibbling over pences.

So I have faxed 'dearest jackie" and sent the letter.

Fingers crossed they just send me a cheque

Hi, I received the same letter a while ago, my claim has about 1,650 over 6yrs so i intend to continue till i get the full amount, i replied with sec 32 to her letter

jenny

I remember reading it on your thread. For that amount its worth going full steam ahead and getting it back.

To be honest I dont think they even read or worked out what the difference would be.

To stall for the sake of £10 is idiotic. I guess we all get our money back soon enough. Getting it back before Easter would be cool though.

I got a cheque for all the money including the £10.00 The reason I stuck with the tenner was soley so I can go back and claim the money from when I opened the account some fair few years ago!!

They send me a chq payable to just me, as the account was in both mine and my husbands name, I have told them I want the chq changed. They agreed, the Lovverly Jackie :p says that she sent it, yeah right!!!

Well today I faxed them and advised them that I will have to complete the AQ and if that happens (Monday) is the deadline, then I am going to add another £100 to the total. Keeping in mind that the amount is climbing daily :D

So at the moment they sent a cheq for £4292 and now it is £4301 + £100 if I need to go to Court on Monday. I will accept payment direct into another account (same day) As otherwise I will have a problem with the court.

Will keep you all posted

well I am taking my AQ to the court on Monday - no sign of any money here so far! But it will come but for me not before Easter - you just cant tell whom they pay or when, the only thing that I am certain of now is that they will pay up, as long as one doesnt lose ones nerve.

hope you get your money soon.

• 3 weeks later...

A&L New Delay Tactics.

Well there was nothing to report until I had to speak to A&L today about an ISA I have with them.

Whilst on the phone I asked about my court claim, the lady I spoke to put me on hold, came back to me put me on hold again and then but me through the the legal department who told me :" we have until the 28th April to either file a defence or make an offer" I said : " well you will have to pay up sooner or later". She said " well we may file a defence just before the 28th, I (meaning she) was waiting for information from Bootle.

So basically A&L new tactic seems to be wait until the 11th hour then file a defence and then drag it out another few weeks.

Just thought I would keep everyone posted.