BackStreet V Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, received notification this morning that the Halifax have replied to the court ststing that they intend to dispute all the amount claimed.. and saying that they have 28 days from the date of initial case submission to put that defense in to the court.

Any one know what is likely to happen now?

Thanks..

There are a couple of things that can happen now.

The first is they put the money into your account, so keep checking.

YOU WILL GET THE FULL AMOUNT

When they submit a defense, the court will might send you an Allocation Questionnaire form to complete. This is quite straight forward and, once again, there is help for completing one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Keep us updated.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for the click...;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

will bw watching you thread, i got my claim acknowledged yesterday aswell so i will let you know if i get paid, you are ahead of me as i olny submitted my claim last friday, they must acknowledge them all in batches when they get them in

Godd luck!!

Thanks...

good luck with yours as well....

I think there is a hell of a long queue.. and we are somewhere in the middle of it...:-D

Lots before us, showing us the way forward, and loads following on behind...

Thats the beauty of forums like this, the combined knowledge makes us hard to beat...:-D

Hi Hannah, The date in which they have to defend by is 28 days from the date of issue. This date will be on the copy of the claim form MCOL sent you (bottom left hand side)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi Hannah and Jowalshy, my MCOL was domne around the same time and I haven't heard anything yet. Check my account daily in the hope that they have reimbursed me my £1,500, but no such luck YET!

Stick with it and good luck to you both

Hi,

still nothing from the Halifax. The claim date was the 12th march, but on the court site it says 28 days from date of notification?..

does that mean 28 days from the 12th march or 28 days from the date the Halifax was notified of the claim?

Time is just about up either way..

In fact I have just realised that 28 days from the 12th is today!!

If there is no defence submitted now, can i now apply for a default judgement? or should i leave it for a day or two?

Would really appreciate a reply on this, as i don't want to muck anything up at this late stage, and I really don't want to give the halifax any more time that i absolutely need to to post a defence!!

Thank you..

If you could please let me know where the 28 days grace for a defence starts from... it would really be appreciated, and the 28 days from the day i filed the court papers online... are up today..

should i now file for a decision or wait a bit?

anyone please?

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Ok to clarify - click the link here.

Her Majesty's Courts Service

As I often say to people though, a defence can sometimes be better than a win by default. The reason is, that it can cause further delays if you win by default, as a copy of the default is sent to the other side, they can then delay the process, but applying to have the judgement set aside.

To understand more click here

PART 13 - SETTING ASIDE OR VARYING DEFAULT JUDGMENT

So don't be tooo keen to click the button or do anything just yet.

To understand what winning by default means click here.

PART 12 - DEFAULT JUDGMENT

So wait just a few days before clicking the button as it does not mean instant payment. If they do defend and you are worried about the process, come back and post!

All the best,

CJ

Thats very helpful..thank you Chloe..

So you advise doing nothing just yet.. can i ask.. how long should i wait for them to possibly file a defence until i ask for judgement?

Must have been lots of other folk in this position, where the 28 days to file a defence has expired, and I could file a default judjement claim..

What did you do, and what happened?

A nice suprise this morning!!

On the doormat was a letter from our pals at the Halifax, telling me that it would be too expensive to contest my claim, so they had taken a commercial descision to pay it!.

In all over £3350..inc court fees.

The letter said it would be in my account within 5 working days from the date of the letter which was the 9th..

Now i have to start again for the charges before this claim, and during the last month..:D

Also going to do the same for my son, who has been hammered by the Abbey..

Thanks to everyone for the help, couldnt have done it without you all, and good luck with your cases!!

Keith.

• 2 weeks later...