Hospital parking bays & charges

Caz1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My hubby is disabled and has many appointments around the various hospitals in Derbyshire. I don't know if this is a regional problem but on the days of his appointments etc we drive into the car park to find only 4 disabled car parking spaces ( all of which are full) the only alternative is to pay for a parking space ( if we can find one ) then query for a refund which is never offered.

I know this might seem like a pointless whinge but if you add up all the parking fees over a month it totals well over £40.00 and aren't we right in our thinking that the majority of people that go to hospital are ill and perhaps also have disabled parking badges so why the lack of spaces for these people?

I tend to think it's another money making scheme that needs to be addressed what's everyone elses views?

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Completely agree!

How about your hubby says he can no longer make his appointments due to transport issues, and transport has to be provided? My mother used to travel to her hospital appointments in a poeple ambulance and made some great freinds on her way to and from hospital.

Hi Feefofum

Great point he used to travel by people ambulance but because we live in a rural location it used to take him up to 3 hours after they'd stopped and picked everyone up:)

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad the media have started to highlight this on the news.The health service in Scotland aren't allowed to make money out of car parking at Hospitals - I think it's about time Englands NHS trusts followed suit!

• 4 weeks later...

Even my local NHS trust charge their own staff to park in the staff car parks used to be £25 a month not even enough spaces for the staff. You had to pay and just hoped you got a parking spot.

I totally agree with you ..

I also have the same problem, Im disabled and although i dont go as often as your hubby, the parking at the hospital costs me £3.00 every time i run in and have an injection, which normally takes 4 minutes and im back in the car within 8 minutes, so thats alot of money for the time in the car park....

• 5 weeks later...
I totally agree with you ..

I also have the same problem, Im disabled and although i dont go as often as your hubby, the parking at the hospital costs me £3.00 every time i run in and have an injection, which normally takes 4 minutes and im back in the car within 8 minutes, so thats alot of money for the time in the car park....

:confused: I had to visit the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary this week for a pre-op assessment, I have had the disabled badges for quite a few years now, I do not take liberties with them but find it appalling that we have been issued these badges to help us as we have some sort of medical condition, but we are having to pay in the hospital car park even in the disabled bays.:mad::confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a long-term medical condition that requires many hospital appointments throughout the year....each week I have aninfusion that can take up to 4-5 hours.

My local hospital parking costs me £12 for the privilege.....this on top of all the other hospital appointments, which can be at any one of four hospitals in the trust....one is 40mins away from my home.

I am not registered disabled, so cannot get free parking. The trust operates a scheme where regular attenders get their parking refunded but to get this you have to be on kidney dialysis.....it apparently doesn't apply to anyone else.

I have applied three times now for help with health costs, but despite my situation....I still would have to pay the first £6.62 myself......so that is utterly useless to me.

It's time hospitals were stopped from taking us for a ride....and taking every penny of our very limited income.

• 2 months later...

The hospital where I work has 250 staff parking bays and a staff of 2000. As there is not a lot of street parking i have to pay £2.70 per day for the privilidge of working for the NHS, but when I go shopping I park for nothing. It would be interesting to find out where this money goes and just how much profit is being made from people who are sick

:)

2/10 Re-instated after complaint against manager

• 3 weeks later...

The parking charges in Hospital car parks are disgusting, this is something that has annoyed me for sometime. Whoever put it in place should be ashamed.... It wouldn't suprise me if you will have to start paying to go to the visitors toilet. It wouldn't anger me so much if I new our NHS hospitals were providing me with the level of service i expect.... but this is simply not the case