Fran1380 v halifax - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Right..:confused: story so far, I got my statements through and sorted all that out then sent my prelim letter and had no response within the 14 days so I sent the LBA and then a week after that I got the letter from Halifax saying they have 40 days or whatever it is (yeah right!) to get back to me. I assumed this was responding to my first letter. Now the 14 days are up on the LBA letter. now do I wait abit longer seeing as we seem to have crossed wires or just go straight into the moneyclaim form?? also is this the stage where I include the interest on top?

Thanks in advance!

Hi fran,

Just carry on. You dont need to give them exta time. They have had enough time already to pay you.

You might as well carry on and get your little extra...:D

Yes this is the stage you add the interest.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I havent done the above yet as I have been really poorly! will it affect things as I havent done it 14 days after the last letter? i dont want them to get away with it because of me being ill!!

Also....what is the difference between the "Interest" and the s.69 cc act interest? the only interest i have is the one that is worked out on the schedule of charges spreedsheet!

so i just leave that bit blank about solicitors?

sorry i am not too good with figures so I am confused about the interest bit. so the "Interest" bit is the column that is worked out for you on the schedule of charges spreedsheet? how do i work out the other 8%

so it would be less complicated to put in just the cc act interest? also when it has the sum you want to claim back do you put in just the charges or add the interest on top of that?

how do I work out this bit? esp if i do not include the overdraft interest??

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day {(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day) }OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

If you used the Simple s/s, the interest that this calculates is the s69 8% interest

VALUE

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx Delete this line

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day (enter daily rate here - Just your CHARGESx 0.00022 = pence per day) OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

stolen from another thread:

Calculate the whole amount you are claiming from the bank

Then you need to calculate the daily rate of interest (at 8% p.a.) that is to be added to the amount you are claiming. This is the claim amount multiplied by 0.00022. That gives you the daily rate which is added to your claim each day after you send int the claim form until the claim is paid by the bank or you get a court judgment in your favor.

So, if you are claiming £1500 to find the daily rate:

1500 x 0.00022 = 0.33

So the daily rate is 33 pence per day.

Say it takes the bank 70 days to pay up when they settle you will require your claim to be paid PLUS 33 pence x 70 = £23.10 PLUS your claim fee paid to the court.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

I got the good old "full and final" settlement letter on friday, it was dated 11th April. I sent a rejection letter (will accept as partial payment) on monday marked urgent as in the letter it said if havent heard in 14 days they will assume its all ok. well i have just checked my bank account and the offer they gave me is in the account...the 14 days were definatley not up. do you think they are treating it as partial payment or put it in account before getting the letter???!!

am worried wont get the full amount now!

can someone help me please?!! :-(

I am not sure what I do now. I have received the part payment but I am still owed about 600. when the 14 days are up (from the rejection letter) do I the put the claim through the court for the remaining 600 AND the interest on the whole amount on the spreedsheet or just work it out for the 600 owed? help I am confused!!

They might have put it in the bank when they sent the "full and final" letter, sometimes they do this...

Which rejection letter did you send?

I am at the same stage but I no longer have the account so they said they would send a cheque after the 14 days.

well I got the letter on the friday and the money the following Thursday. It just says "cash" on my bank details but I am assuming its them as it wa the exact amount they had offered. I just dont know how I deal with the rest that is owed me??

did they only offer you some of it?

Are you using a spreadsheet from this site?

If you put the payment as a minus figure, it will produce a minus interest figure too

also do I need to put on the moneyclaim form anywhere that I have had partial payment?

No because you will only be filing for the remaining total and the schedule will show the part payment.