Family Smartcf Vs HSBC

smartcf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, first of many posts me thinks..

My wife and I have held separate accounts (two each) with HSBC for the last 6 years. We started the process on my wife’s accounts about three weeks ago and now have all the statements etc. We've filled in the spreadsheet and calculated they've taken £3243.50 in charges plus £54.12 in interest (think I worked that out right).

So the next steps.. send the first request for repayment for my wife’s' accounts. My accounts on the other had are a different matter. They closed my accounts for me late last year as they were overdrawn by about £60 each (because they were applying charges to the accounts!). Then to add insult to injury, because I refused to pay them the charges, they added 2 defaults to my credit file! So I have filled in the data access request and will be sending it tomorrow.

I hope the charges on my account add up to quite a lot, I don't suppose it will hurt them as much as those defaults have hurt me, but at least I may feel I got some justice. So here's to the long road ahead (and believe me, I will not be accepting offers! It's not about the money, it's the principle).:mad:

Welcome aboard smart !... if you haven’t already I would read the following http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html

Then start to read the threads here, they will give you some great background and insight into the workings of both HSBC and DG (the solicitors) and you will start to recognise the letters they are sending you and the slimy reasoning behind them.

Good Luck with your claims

pete

Hi all,

have been going through the FAQ and stuff and the following worries me a little...

"If your account is closed, it is likely that the Banks will make an entry which could affect your credit score and make it difficult to get even a debit card in the future..."

I started this process as part of an attempt to clean up our credit ratings because we want to buy a house.. If they dump bad ratings on our files, we're back to square one.

Any advice welcome.... Thanks.

A couple of things firstly as part of the settlement you are seeking from them you can insist that the defaults against your credit record are removed. Secondly as this is your first claim for this account they are unlikley to close your account so it should not be a problem. It is also worth pointing out that the financial ombudsman takes a very dim view of banks that engage in that sort of practice and may open the way for another claim against the bank in the event that they did close your account.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Right then, we're on the way. The first letter has been sent for my wifes accounts, asking for OUR money back. Still waiting for my statements to come. Will keep posting on our progress.

• 1 month later...

Ok, help please! I'm at the MCOL site and my claim doesn't fit in 24 lines. Do I have to tell them I want the money in a cheque? You see, we have an outstanding loan with the bank and I want the money back, not the loan paying off.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's been a while since I posted our progress, sorry about that. So, here is the update. In my wifes case, we've submitted a mcol for £3821 and have received and acknowledgment. In my case, I sent the data access request, that expired. I sent and 7 days "send it now or else". That has now expired. Not too sure where I go from here, anybody?