Small Amounts

Murada
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have my statements going back 4 years and have been charged by Abbey a total of only £160, I suspect there maybe another £100 or so in the couple of years before that. I know the money is better in my pocket than theirs, but (from expereince) can anyone tell me if such a small claim is worthwhile given the work involved? It seems most people are claiming thousands!!

Guest louis wu

Its not that much work involved.

Let me turn the question you posed around. If Abbey 'TOOK' £160 from your account today, without reson, would you try to get it back? I suspect yes. Please don't be put off by the large amounts people talk about, any amount they owe you (and I mean OWE) is worth claiming back.

The process takes a while, and can appear complicated, but its quite logical really. Plus, at the end, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you won. Plus, do you know anyone else with charges, do this for yourself, and then you'll help others that you know do the same.

I would definately claim it back.

Louis

Thanks Louis, you are quite right - just daunting when you read about court bundles etc!! I think I will push ahead - nothing to lose and a couple of hundred quid to gain!:)

£160 and the interest at contractual rate = alot more over 4 years.

Good luck with your claim. You came to the right place for help and motivation.

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Guest louis wu

Well said.

You will never be alone in this.

We have all felt daunted about taking on the bank, but it's a well established proceedure now.

Personally, I would ask for a full set of statements from Abbey, using the SAR's request letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

and then whilst you are waiting for those to turn up have another read of this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

just to refresh yourself with the process.

Any problem, post them here and you'll get all the support you need. I will keep an eye on things if you want, and you can PM me if you get really stuck/confused.

Best of luck

Louis

The more poeple that claim back THEIR money the better, no matter how small amount. Once the banks realize that us people aren't going to put up with these charges then it might force them to change their ways.

I'm glad you've decided to go for it.....

Good luck.....

Just keep reading and reading and slowly it all comes together and you pick-up some good knowledge along tthe way!

I have done my SAR letter (and will be sending it recorded this lunchtime) asking for the past 6 years statements. Rightly or wrongly I have combined that letter with a request for an immediate refund of the charges I know about (i.e. the £160 back to 2004). I will keep you informed and thanks for the advice and reassurance. Next I will be tackling Northern Rock over admin fees!!

Guest louis wu

Murada,

just a word of caution.

DONT send the request for charges you know about. Keep to one simple claim, even if it means a bit of a delay.

The simpler you keep it the better for later, especially with interest etc.

Just my opinion, but worth considering

Louis