tractordriver v NatWest

tractordriver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6237 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody

I have completed stages 1 & 2 i/e statements from bank (received) & preliminary letter stating Charges and Interest along with excel of charges (not including interest column) posted recorded delivery 07/03/07 to Bishopsgate. Signed for at t'other end on 09/03/07. I have heard abosolutely nothing since this and have now prepared my LBA and once again included an excel of charges. Do I include my interest column this time? and should I continue sending to Bishopsgate? I intend to post my LBA on 21/03/07. This will have given them 14 days from receipt of the prelim letter. I have read many threads now and it seems as this is the quiet before the storm am I right? I am quietly pooing my myself at this stage cos' stage 4 (the court bit) is really daunting.

tractordriver

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey tractordrive - welcome on board!!! I think the prelim and LBA should go to the Borehamwood addres (Nattie will confirm though). However, if you've already sent the prelim to Bishopsgate, you should stick to your timetable regardless. You only include the interest column at the court stage, so don't claim for this when you do your LBA. You may be lucky and get a quick payout before court - quite a lot of people have in the past couple of months.

Good luck,

Hedgey :wink:

p.s., don't poo your pants though - not unless you intend sending them off with your LBA???!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Buttocks clenched!!

tractordriver

Thank God for that!! Then again.......... could come in useful when muck spreading??? Uuuggghhh (upchuck reflex sets in motion) .......... the thought!! :eek:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Puleeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!! Not as many as you'll get when you get your cash back off nasty west!!!

Gotta go - double vision means it's bed time!!! See ya later, Hedgey xx :grin:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hey there tractordriver with the clenched bumcheeks, just remember to send your letters recorded delivery, then you have proof they were received. I know you have done so already but continue in this vein. Send next LBA on 21st to Mr. Higleys department at Borehamwood. Depending on how much youre claiming, the Nasty West are tending to settle full charges at the mo at LBA stage, if its under 5K ish. If its more than that, like mine, theyre making you go right to the court steps for your money. Its really not that daunting though. Just keep reading here everybody elses experiences. That should spur you on to court if you have to sue them. Dont be fraidy. You will get back what is yours, but just follow all the steps and advice on here. You wont go wrong. And even if youve ready everything already, keep referring back to it. Its amazing how much you forget along the way. And with peeps like Hedgey spurring you on, you will get all the help and encouragement you need to see this through to the end. Take Care, best of luck. Fendy xxxx but you wont need it.

Cheers Fendyweather, my charges are for less than 5K (just) and will send LBA tomorrow to Borehamwood (recorded delivery). I am so pleased to have so much support.

tractordriver

Loads of support on here tractordriver............. just go heavy on the much-spreading!!!!! Don't forget, keep to the timetable recommended on here and don't be waivered by it regardless of the bank's response (unless they offer you a full refund of your charges!!!!!!!!!)

Good luck,

Hedgey :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Which I might add, is highly likely based on the latest experiences on here. And the fact is under 5K. Good Luck. You might be reporting back in the next 3 weeks that you have a juicy offer of 99% of it. I sincerely hope so for your sake cos all this waiting now for AQ for me is driving me nuts. Lol. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx

Buttock clenching. Is that a new Olympic event ?speechless-smiley-040.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Just to keep everbody posted, Dead line came and went for prelim response. Although I have had a circular telling me about holiday insurance and new rates and fees. From a Halifax office to be exact! Is this some new subersive tactic they are employing? I have of course dispatched the LBA to Borehamwood (recorded delivery) and now await some form of communication.

Ps. I think we may be on to something with the buttocks thing, maybe it could be a demonstration sport first time round. Sort of I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours!!!

tractordriver

Woooooooooohoooooooooo tractordriver!!!! Have you noticed though, it's bl**dy hard to walk when you're indulging in a spot of buttock clenching!!!! Lucky you though mate - holiday insurance! How special do you feel right now!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;):lol:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Might be nice to actually have the holiday to go with it. I got all excited this morning cos got NASTY WEST letter through door,and ripped open envelope like mad woman, think I quite scared the kids for a few seconds in my rush to get into it, and mine was same. Advantage gold customer, got mailer about my new bl**dy holiday insurance that comes with the bl**dy account. Like I need that. Huh. Not. Have decided. Doing letter tomorrow to take the account back to the basic level. What the chuff do I need AG for. ?????????????????????????????????/ Only costs me money every month. Chuffers. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Ditch the advantage gold everyone........... that'll make a dent in their profits. Can you imagine - everybody converts back to normal current account? Mondy grabbing tos*ers, that's what I say!!!!! xxx:D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Nattie is quite obvious by his silence at the mo, dont ya think. so 2 quid to bounce a cheque . Hummmmmmmmm, that puts a whole new interesting twist on banking doesnt it. Ummmmmmmmmm, me thinks through foggy red wine head. Ummmmmmmmmmmm. Fendy xxxxxxxxxx

Time for bed methinks Fendy............... site's too bl**dy slow now anyway - keeps crashing on me!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Guest NATTIE

I was absent for obvious reasons that a programme was on bbc, that's right Castaway on interactive tv, addictive viewing:D

Course you was Nattie. We understand my friend. Mr. Nattie, (Natwestweststaff) Ummmmmm,,,,,,,,, me thinks one and both may be the same. If it is you, you are a iccle star and we love you for being brave enough to help in the quest. Like I said Nattie and I still insist this, I really do mean it, Nobody minds paying a charge that is fair to all, i.e. genuinely covers the banks costs for the administration of that transaction that hasnt gone through (nobody likes it or wants it) but we at least would understand it a bit if we had abused the account/system, whatever, but I mean £35 squid to bounce a cheque. Its robbery. I was even imagining anything up to a fiver would be understandable, not likeable but understandable, but £35 come on. Wheres the justice. And to find out last night that its nearer £2 squid instead, is just absolutely total and utter abuse of their customers. I know you cant say too much, you work there an all, but even you must see its just not fair. ALL WE WANT IS TO BE TREAT FAIRLY. But instead banks just see us all as a target for more money for shareholders. How can this ever be right, in anybodys eyes ??????? even a multi millionaires, Huh. !!! But if it was you that helped with the programme Nattie, THANK YOU. You are a brave brave man, and a nice one too...... ICCLE SWEETIE. Fendy xxxx

Guest NATTIE

Fendy, I am natweststaffmember and it was me last night. I am not going to go into when the whistleblower programme chatted to me but boy was it busy in there last night. The name change took place in January as i was known as nattie. With regards to charges I am someone who believes that a bank has a right to charge people for being over their agreed limits and for not having funds in their accounts to pay for bills HOWEVER my view has always been that the amount charged is way too high.

The targets shown by the Whistleblower programme does not necessarily reflect our targets. We do not get for example £10 for every Advantage Gold account we open, I personally think ADGD it is a very good account IF you use the benefits. I am going off thread so i do apologise to tractordriver whose thread this is.

Sorry tractor man, we busted your thread. But its nice to know that some bank people out there do care and do want to do the right thing. Thank you Nattie. I still insist nobody expects free banking per se, if theyre in credit all the time then yes, we do expect free banking, but to me, if we knowingly go over our limits etc. etc. I do believe we should pay a fee, I dont like the idea of it, but in all fairness if we break the rules we should pay a small fee for that, but my bone of contention with the banks is that theres just no fairness involved. They are a business, and yes they have to make money, but if it genuinely costs them say £2 to bounce a cheque etc. then I appreciate they might even want to put a quid profit on top of that, after all, they are a business, and the general high street operates at 100% mark up, so to be fair, they are entitled in my view to make a small profit on our mistakes or abuses, But all everybody Ive spoken to on here wants is fairness. Make a profit yet, charge us yes, but keep it fair. £35 has never been or would never be in my eyes, fair. I reckon £3 is fair, or even up to £5 is fair, but £35 is not, and never would be. But thanks for the input Nattie. I do appreciate your thoughts on this. And sorry again tractor driver for hijacking your thread. I hope you understand. Fendy xxxxxxxx

Hi

No problems with off the thread bit we all need to air our laundry so to speak.

My twopenn'th now.

I believe we should all be able to expect reasonable and fair charges from the banks and other financial organisations, not subersive tactics such as the ones that have been highlighted just recently.

They are by their very nature put in a trustworthy position by those who understand less about such things and are quite frankly easily imtimidated.

There , Said it!

Ttractordriver