• Tweets

• Can you complete this ASAP also:    
    • 25/05/2024? That the deadline or the date of the claimform?
    • Banks have different limits above which they require Probate. So it may be Probate is not needed, although as he died with no Will that could complicate things. Is all the £28k with Virgin Money? Your wife should contact all banks who hold his money with the death certificate and ask them what they need to release the funds to her. Most banks have a central "bereavement department". Check their websites. Use that department rather than general call centre or bank branch if they have one. Nearly every bank website has a section on "what to do when a customer dies" so have a search for that. Your wife may also have to provide evidence that she is his daughter. When his wife died it sounds like they had a joint bank account so that's why her money just went across to him. But as it isn't a joint account now transfer to your wife won't be quite that simple.  
    • That explains it then. MET's fantasy is that it's a pay car park.  You're only let off paying if you are a Starbucks customer which you can't be when Starbucks is closed.  'Cos otherwise lots of people would abuse the car park facilities on the far edge of the Stansted Airport area in the middle of nowhere to ... admire the bushes?  Look at the cloudy sky? The important thing is that we have around 140 cases for this site, and MET have only tried court seven times.  Even then, they had no intention of getting as far as a hearing, they were attempting to intimidate the motorists into paying, when the Caggers defended the cases MET discontinued.
    • She's an only child and he as a brother and sister. He has no will and we have done a check on this to find out if he had left one and nothing has come up. He has savings of around 28k His sister and brother are well off so 28k is nothing to them and aren't interested in his money. This just leaves my wife/his daughter. Would this still need to go to probate there is no estate e.g house or business to sell and the amount left in his bank is just small? When his wife died they just closed her bank account and moved her money across to his account and we just assumed that once my wife has handed in the death certificate and shown evidence of who she is the same would apply to her? We don't know yet the council have only just written to us today with a guide of what to do next.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

nanaman v Lloyds TSB

nanaman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phew ! Well here goes.

I have jumped the "asking for statements" part due to the fact my online statements go back to 2002 and Lloyds only started shafting me in 2006. A four month stint in Afgahanistan and a small hiccup cost me around £1300 in charges. So, I plan to retrieve my money and the interest they have earned using my money.

I have prepared my request for repayment charges although I'm having trouble calculating my interest on penalties, using the complex spreadsheet. :confused: Would love help on this !.

I do have niggling fear of doing this, only because I feel it was always my fault that I went in the red. But then one small mistake ended up costing me alot, due to huge charges.....

Oooo I don't know !!!

Phew ! Well here goes.

I have jumped the "asking for statements" part due to the fact my online statements go back to 2002 and Lloyds only started shafting me in 2006. A four month stint in Afgahanistan and a small hiccup cost me around £1300 in charges. So, I plan to retrieve my money and the interest they have earned using my money.

I have prepared my request for repayment charges although I'm having trouble calculating my interest on penalties, using the complex spreadsheet. :confused: Would love help on this !.

I do have niggling fear of doing this, only because I feel it was always my fault that I went in the red. But then one small mistake ended up costing me alot, due to huge charges.....

Oooo I don't know !!!

The fact that the charges may have been your fault is irrelevent :)

Exactly what trouble are you having with the spreadsheet?

Also where did you serve in Afghanistan?

No, I lied. I won't calculate the interest over and and above my authorised O/D limit. Hmmm

BUT, on the good side I calculate they robbed £1,545 from Me. I've added compound interest of £382.49 for their troubles. Totalling £1,927.49.

Here's hoping :D

Still waiting for response to Prelim letter, feeling fairly confident after trawling through the forums.

One thing does concern me though. If Lloyds decide to ring me, what on earth do I say ? Obviously I don't want to come across as a bumbling idiot (nothing new) !!

Not getting anywhere with TSB!! Had the so sorry letter and then 2 weeks later received another letter saying so sorry again that you are not happy but!!..........you are not getting nout! Not in so many words like, but basically that's what it meant....so looks like its a court application, this is where I'm stuck.....any advice out there?

Cheers.....Have been reading for hours on the net, started the application online and was then told via a friend of a friend who has WON his case and actually got more than he asked for in the end (on the day he was suppose to go to court!) any way he said it was best to go to your local court offices to make the application as he had to pay £120 court costs and then another £100 to transfer his case to a local court.....so looks like I'll be busy on monday!!!! hey if it kills me I'm going all the way...looks like you have to with TSB!

he said it was best to go to your local court offices to make the application as he had to pay £120 court costs and then another £100 to transfer his case to a local court.....so looks like I'll be busy on monday!!!! hey if it kills me I'm going all the way...looks like you have to with TSB!

You do have to make a payment whether online or in your local office if you are not in receipt of certain benefits. As for the £100 transferring to local court, that is incorrect. There is no fee for transferring to a local court, it is done automatically.

It may be that his claim was over £1500 and he had to complete an Allocation Questionnaire at the defence stage. That costs £100.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Nanaman Hi

yes to doing the next letter and waiting another 14 days. My advice is to just accept it is a long play game. Follow the timetable set out here and try not to think about the 'fault' issue - it is an english attribute. In any event I am sure you do not mind paying a certain charge if it is reasonable, none of us would - you are merely fighting what is an unreasonable/unlawful charge - and it will be much safer than what you have been fighting.

Keep going, you will get there and then the beers will be on you

regards

Paula

Thanks for your encouragement upton :)

Just a couple of questions for anyone listening - The reply TSB gave me was from an Andover address. Would it be advisable for me to use that address to send letters to ? Also would I need to state the complaint reference on all correspondance from now on ?

Hi

Yes send your LBA to the Andover address, you could put your complaint ref on if you like, won't do any harm.

Barty:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html I WON!!!!:D :D

If I have helped, please click my scales.:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

I'm sort of preparing for a court appearance :) As I live in Scotland right now I'm using my parents address as a place for any court papers to go. This is the correct way to do it i assume ? Also can I choose the county court nearest to them ?

:eek:

Tomorrow is TSB deadline for the prelim.....LBA has been printed and wrapped and I've batoned down the hatches !!!

Any thought on post #16 by the way ?

Thanks and cheerio :grin:

I'm sort of preparing for a court appearance :) As I live in Scotland right now I'm using my parents address as a place for any court papers to go. This is the correct way to do it i assume ? Also can I choose the county court nearest to them ?

Hi

Sounds fine to me.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

LBA has been delivered :) Can't imagine much been done this weekend but thats their problem not mine hehe. My lovely Mum agreed to let me use her address for all court correspondance and found a Court in Bristol area so all prepared for that bit. I've also prepared the forms for the next stage, because LTSB are gonna go all the way i suspect.

nanaman:cool:

Still waiting for a response to the LBA, but LTSB sent me a nice letter requesting £90 in charges for last month. I nearly made it through the month bar the last 3 days !!!! = £30 a day !!

I've looked through some posts for an answer to this question, but, to no avail so here goes.

"How do I get that £90 back ?" Thanks and TTFN,

After filing at court futther charges may be added this will cost £35 and you will neeed to submit a N244 the £35 is not reclaimable. However you can either ask them to include the charges on your settlement os start a further claim on completion of this one.

Good afternoon All !!

I'm putting together some stuff for my court bundle. I have the basic bundle from the library and I'm adding a few pieces linked from one of GaryH's threads. Unfortunately 2 of them do not work - The Competition Commission report and Australian Default Fee's report . I have looked about for the CC report but not found anything BUT I did find THIS. I'm assuming thats the Aussie fee report.

Can anyone point me towards the CC report please ? :)