nat worst bank

bob m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it is a 30 second jobbie, in my opinion, NatWest this is your last warning. If you do not know then i will post some details how to get the information that is being requested. No further warning will be given for breaches of the law, i will simply bounce on and on and on. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NATWEST(see the avatar, i can squeal!!)

squeal nattie squeal..........squeal.........im on tenterhooks.......

Natties got explosive info........

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NATTIE

It is not explosive info, it is info that is relates to how to search for the info which will get it to you. This lack of knowledge could be just that...but i will post some codes on here that will show how to find the info.

Nattie for the next James Bond eh, Caggers ???????????? ;)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok it starts here...... Have recieved tatty brown envelope ( in a ripped condition) have taken photos of tatty brown envelope for future ref. Not sure how to use photos yet but I`m sure to think of something in the time to come! I would swear the thing had been damaged intentionally, the envelope was brand new with one large tear, exposing all the documentation. must read the toilet bandit thread again to remind myself what he did!

Advice please... I sent SAR stating only name, add, acc no. and sort. I have recieved 4 years 4 months of statememts, not close to 6 years, never mind the 15 years I should recieve!.... What do I do now? Replies appreciated thanks.

Is it poss that a mod could change this thread to bobm v natwest please?

Hey Bob, give nat west a ring and report the missing statements. Quite a few peeps recently have only got the same years worth of statements that you've got - so it's worth getting in touch and making sure that they're aware of what they've sent you. And also remind them that the clock is ticking on the 40 day S:p AR deadline!!! Good luck, hedgey xxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Have a look through here bob http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/214-email-contact-details-natwest.html this should give you a couple of useful numbers to ring tomorrow! Let us know what they say - and good luck. Hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Phoned Nat West today, engaged...engaged...phoned another Nat West no. answered by a person who I will not name at the moment, but 2 sentences into my explanation they cut me off!....Phoned another no. spoke to a decent sort at nat west custmer services, who informed me that I am only allowed to go back 6 years for statements, I then informed him that I`ve only recieved 4 years in the post, where are the remainder?, and I need to go back further than the 6 years. I think he was obviously toeing the party line, so to speak. After some deliberation he said there would be no problem sending me the remainder of the 6 years, but could I answer some security questions about Actionline mem no. and pass code! The account has been closed for 12 months how will I know that? The final advice given, was to go to my branch to request missing statements. Is it always this easy!:rolleyes: Has this occured for anyone else? and would it be poss to use any Nat West branch to request?

Guest NATTIE

no because the account is closed, we cannot order them because we have to put a note on the account to state where to send the statements so no LIVE account no chance to put note on account. It should be data protection team who should get them. What I would say is that non compliance letter maybe required.

Thanks Nattie, do you think it would be advisable to persist in contacting by phone for info, as there is still approx 20 days remaining on DPA SAR?

Guest NATTIE

please look at the andrew1 thread the codes for getting the details are there. I reported my own post to make sure Mods were happy with it and no deletion. But you need the sort code of the branch.

Back Office 04, 26, 45 option 1 or 2 is the search bit, need name DOB and post code as at 2002(natwest comp system ceased in Oct 4th 2002)

I`ve decided to stop wasting anymore of my time on phone calls, and I`m in the process of putting a letter together from the non compliance templates. The L.B.A. letter (prior to 40 days). Its fairly straightforward, except for the period of years I should ask for. I need to go back as far as poss, well before the 6 year period as most have requested. I`m thinking should I use section 32 in my request? is it the correct thing to use yet?

The statements I have received cover 4 years well below whats acceptable.

Also nattie has very generously supplied codes for this very purpose, I am unsure whether this is the oppurtunity to use this info without compromising the position of the backbone of this forum, who`s help is invaluable to everyone on this site....... any response greatly received. bob m.:confused:

I am in the process of drafting a non-compliance letter (pre 40 days) on the basis that I`ve not received the correct amount of statements from the DPA SAR letter sent 16th Apr.

As I`m claiming further back than the norm, could anyone advise me on the wording if applicable, to quote section 32 in its relationship to my case, to allow me to obtain as many stats` as poss. I just feel nat west will come up with some excuse as to why i`m not getting x amount of stats. I want it to be as nailed on as poss, therefore I need to use as many points in my favour as I can. I am aware of the fact that s.32 is used in the context of no limitation on the charges claimed back, but will this apply to request of stats?.... anyone?

Is there someone who could advise me on the following letter as to whether it is the correct wording and is appropriate for the stage I am at?

I have inserted codes in the text with the full knowledge of Nattie, I hope this is ok.

Retail Regulatory Risk,

2nd Floor,

Cornerstone,

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh.

EH12 9WF.

8th May 2007.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account XXXXXXXX Sort XX-XX-XX

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated 16th April 2007. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges for account XXXXXXXX sort XX-XX-XX. From the opening of the account in 1983 to the 4th October 2002. The period supplied covers only 4 years 4 months. I am aware that you may not be able to access all statements from that time, but I am also aware that it is possible to access further back than the admitted 6 years. Therefore I have obtained codes for your use, to allow in the supply of the missing statements. Codes as follows; back office 04, 26, 45. option 1 or 2 to search. My D.O.B. XX-XX-XX. Post code. XXX XXX.

2) You have provided no notes, or documents to instances of manual intervention

3) You will of course be aware of the Limitations Act 1980 section 32 that will apply in the instances of supplying documentation as requested.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further XX days to comply.

Yours faithfully

bob m

Is there a chance someone can give the letter I posted yesterday a look, just to confirm its ok, or not as the case may be? Need to send it asap. Thanks.

Retail Regulatory Risk,

2nd Floor,

Cornerstone,

60 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh.

EH12 9WF.

8th May 2007.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Account XXXXXXXX Sort XX-XX-XX

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated 16th April 2007. The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing:

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges for account XXXXXXXX sort XX-XX-XX from the opening of the account in 1983 to the 4th October 2002. The period you have supplied me with covers only 4 years 4 months. I am aware that you may not be able to access all statements from that time, but I am also aware that it is possible to access further back than the admitted 6 years. Therefore I have obtained codes for your use, to allow in the supply of the missing statements. Codes as follows; back office 04, 26, 45. option 1 or 2 to search. My D.O.B. XX-XX-XX. Post code. XXX XXX.

2) You have provided no notes, or documents to show instances of manual intervention. Please confirm that no manual interventions have taken place or supply me with the relevant notes and/or documents.

3) You will of course be aware of the Limitations Act 1980 section 32 that will apply in the instances of supplying documentation as requested.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means, it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have a further XX days to comply with my request.

Yours faithfully

bob m

Hi Bob - looks good to me, but again I'm not an expert (I've added a couple of small extras). Just a thought, but it may be worthwhile adding at the end of the letter (immediately after "You have a further XX days to comply with my request) what will happen if they don't comply (e.g., insert whatever you plan to do next, such as "....or I will report this matter to........." ).

Good luck mate, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks hedgey, will adjust letter as suggested. I`ll send asap. If i get a positive response I can post final draft for other users.

Good luck Bob............... I hope you get a positive response from them this time. Fingers crossed for you. xx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bob........... not heard from you for ages!!!

How's it going? Have you got all the info yet??? xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi hedgey, I`m still here, I do have a look every evening and read some of yours and fendy`s thread. You pair get dafter, not sure if its alcohol induced? I presume that it may have a bearing in the composition of some posts...he..he...Seriously I can see the help you and fendy, and all the others have been giving to everyone, even if its just words of encouragement......great to see.

I have sent the letter posted on my thread (LBA) for the completion of my request for stats, rec.del of course. 12/05/07. As yet no reply they have until 26th May to deliver, if not then I`ll be after some advice from all you wonderful people! Stay Strong we will win!....bob m :)

Hi bob, nice one mate! Can't believe what total and utter cheeky s*ds they're being with you to be honest! But.............. you're sticking it out and that's the main thing!

Alchohol induced? Moi? Fendy? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! Not in a million hun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

And you're absolutely right about the winning bit. Think you're having to be a bit stronger than some of us though because of all the messing around they're doing with your statements. So well done you for not letting them get the better of you! You'll soon be back with the total charges that they owe you................ that's when the fun starts!!! xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Ok deadline day on SAR, 26th May has passed, no response to the letter for completion of the remainder of stats they should have sent me. Must admit that I`m not suprised at all, I think this ones going to be the long haul.

Question, what letter do I send now? and what action will that entail? Stay strong.....we will win!!....bob m.

Can't believe they've had the cheek to completely ignore you even though you gave them a gentle nudge. Eejits!!!

Time to get serious honey............. send 'em one of these these (template 2) Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters .......... should do the trick!

Post it up when you've typed it out as well!!! xxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***