Help Req with OD Intrest and claim

billgates
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh ! Latty ! - you creep - LOL! ;)

Nice to see you back again Lat......... if Bill has to pay for freaky's face job that'll be Microsoft bankrupt....:rolleyes: be none left for you (or me come to that.........:) )

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy - have you got a problem - even Bill Gates can't afford to get you out of this one freaky LOL! ;):D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

A couple of quick questions,

1.it is reported that the likely hood of a quick decision folllowing appeal is out of the questions and rumours of a TWO Year time scale for us all to actually see the money. What is the likely hood for this becomng reality?

2.Since m initial claim i had have the odd charge applied to the same account, should the judgement go in our favour, would the monies automatically be reversed?

3.Where charges have been applied and people have not made a case, how do they stand? would they also recieve a credit?

Thanks 1 and all.

HSBC

Data Protection Act - Febuary 07

PRELIM Letter - 17th March 07

HSBC Response - 27th March 07

LBA - 1st April 07

N1 FILED - 17th April 07

HSBC - Acknowledged - 24th April 07

AQ FILED - 1st June 07 (Deadline 4.6.07)

Capitial 1

PRELIM LETTER - 11th June 07

Hiya Bill :) you haven't sent me my thousands of dollars for all of the emails I have sent that Microsoft are tracking :D but seriously...

A couple of quick questions,

1.it is reported that the likely hood of a quick decision folllowing appeal is out of the questions and rumours of a TWO Year time scale for us all to actually see the money. What is the likely hood for this becomng reality?

These are best estimates of time scales based on how long it has taken other similar cases to clarify legal arguments in the high court. Ignoring any other factors I think it is quite likely to take this long although the judge involved does seem concerned about the time factor and is trying to push things along.

2.Since m initial claim i had have the odd charge applied to the same account, should the judgement go in our favour, would the monies automatically be reversed?

Before the test case when we got to the point of talking about settlement figures the banks used to add any further charges that had been incurred after the claim had been submitted to the court to the settlement figure, in other words updating the claim to the point of settlement. I don't see why this would alter after the test case.

3.Where charges have been applied and people have not made a case, how do they stand? would they also recieve a credit?

The banks will obviously pay back the people who have asked for their money first, If you haven't asked for a refund I'm not sure where you will stand.

pete

Hi bill,:)

I think I (and pete) would advise anyone who has not made a case to start one...... even if it doesn't get to the court stage before settlement of the OFT case it would be 'in the queue' so to speak....... and I suspect the banks will get away with saying 'If you haven't claimed we can't pay you' .......given the wimpishness that seems to be enmanating from OFT at the moment .. :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit