House insurance claim- Please help- Getting me down now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I claimed last March for a house burlary where they cleared my house while I was away... The loss adjuster has only just offered me £2500 of a £4000 claim. It was a new for old basis and then they said that they wanted a cash settlement to settle quicker. I declined the £2500 obviously, that wont get me back what iv lost. Then today, they decide they wont pay me anymore and want to replace everything, which could take another few months and im still sitting here with nothing that i had stolen and nothing replaced. The insurer and loss adjuster are rude and dont care! I may be young, but im not stupid. I wanted my stuff replaced or the money to buy everything back, im not asking for much am i? Its been a year already! Im so down with it x

03/10/06-Data Protection Act request sent via recorded delivery

06/10/06- Letter signed for. 15th Nov cut off date.

10/10/06- Statements come in tatty brown envelope.

Will be claiming for £1946.22

23/10/06- Preliminary request for £1946.22 sent recorded delivery.

24/10/06-Letter signed for. 7th Nov cut off.

08/11/06- Standard letter received wanting more time.

23/03/07- Time up for NatWest to say whether defending or not.

19/03/07- Acknowledgement of service and saying was going to defend came through.

04/04/07- Deadline for Natwests defence.

03/04/07- Defence filed came through.

05/05/07- Letter from Court to say claim stayed until 27/06/07

25/06/07- Letter from court, claim stayed until further notice.

Write a letter to them detailing your loss, asking for the full amount paid to you. Failure to respond within 7 days and you will complain to the ombudsman for claim costs and damages and compensation.

Agree with RedDeath.

List all items stolen and obtain pro-forma invoices from retailers (or print off internet) and send to the claims manager of the insurer. Suggest you call them first and get the person's name then send recorded delivery stating you expect settlement within 7 days.

I would state that you are happy for replacement so you give them every opportunity to settle in what ever way.

From your post, I take it that the claim itself is not in dispute, just quantum so if you provide proof as above, there cannot be any dispute.

Out of interest, who is the insurer so they can be named & shamed !!

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)