cliaming back credit card charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last year i claimed back £2000 charges and £1000 interest from the bank of scotland on my current. Just wandering if you can do the same with credit card charges? also preference acounts?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi I think template letter just use word account not bank account to allow for both bank and cc accounts

I am after Halifax, MBNA and Capital One and will be using same letters.

Yep, just change the "returned cheque" lingo to "late payment" etc.

Stat 8% interest is still applicable. Just make sure you ammend the POCs too when filing.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi just checked template letter on templates link and only thing you need to change is "banking history" to "account history" but if you did not change it IMHO the account number would cover you as letter asks for charges and does not stipulate which type of charge

good luck dpick:p

• Haha 1

Thanks! I did read it back a couple of times and it seemed ok. Guess its the Prelim and LBA that need more careful changing.

agreed and signing off family taxi time again.

c u dpick:p

Hi Dpick

I am now on the case with my Halifax credit card charges (also MBNA and Lloyds TSB credit cards ongoing)

Having finally had my Halifax SAR returned, I am looking for a credit card version of the bank prelim letter without success.

There is a card version of LBA coutesy of IMPORTED which I used for Lloyds TSB, skipping the prelim. No response yet and I am not too worried if it goes belly up as the amount claimed is quite small - under £100.

However, the stakes are considerably higher with both Halifax and MBNA and I want to get it right from a legal perspective.

Is it ok to skip the prelim for credit cards, is there a card version of the bank prelim template knocking around anywhere which I hav'nt discovered, or should I do a DIY adaption of the bank prelim?

Thanks in advance for yours or anybody else's help

Do not skip the prelim. There isn't (I don't think) a credit-card specific version floating around but what you need to do is change the references to bank account style charges to credit card charges - e.g. overlimit fees, late payment fees etc.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Thanks Advoc8

I'll knock up a version based on the bank prelim template for Halifax and MBNA and hope that Lloyds TSB don't notice that their prelim is missing

Hi brett45 we are expected to read none existent letter from them re defaults etc so........

dpick:p