Me vs Halifax - Help If Possible??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I started my claim after reading around threads on here, I received my statements and send in my claim with spreadsheet on the 2nd March, the Halifax have received this and confirmed that they shall be in touch within 5 days.

I am claiming for £991.00. BUT....STUPIDLY...I did not read the threads properly and understood that I was to claim the 8% interest.

I had done it without and had printed off spreadsheet but then re-read a thread advising someone that if they did not add the interest, there was chance they may not be taken seriously etc etc.. anyways I went off and calculated it and sent it off to Halifax... and its only now I realise I should have waited until LBA stage.

Can anyone advise what they would do now if they had been so stupid as to send of the wrong spread-sheet.

TIA:???: :???:

You have actually done the right thing in not asking for interest so don't panic. The 8% interest doesn't come in to play until you are at the filing court papers stage.IE DON'T ask for it until your filing court papers!!! If you have on your LBA I dont think its a major problem its just something else they will say no too!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

Sorry, I have no made myself very clear!!

I have sent off the spread-sheet WITH the interest added on already!!

What an idiot, What would you recommend I do now??

Due to send my LBA on Friday.. Thanks very much.

I also didn't add any interest, I guess that will teach me for not reading it all through properly, although I thought I had as have been visiting this website on and off since last August but only started really reading through threads last week!

Anyways its done now, so advice on how to progress from here would very very gratfully received.

Interest is only added on if you have to proceed to court and file there.

When you send the LBA you send the spreadsheet again - so just amend to show the figures only without the interest.

If you need any more help just shout

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

Like noodle says, dont worry about it. It has gone, there is nothing you can do about it now. Just send the lba without the interest.

You can change the figures on the sheets up till you file at court.

So carry on with your 14 day countdown and get your lba ready. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, Another update.

I received a letter today offering £179.00 less than my claim. ... Argh... I know I really should just go ahead and file with McCol but cannot do so until the week after next week as I am moving house next weekend and my addresses (or possibly my brain) will get all confused (if you know what i mean)...

So, shall I call this lovely man on Monday and suggest he offers me at least another £100 or I shall have to go ahead with court claim?

I am absolutely delighted at their offer as I can now pay for my lovely oak flooring (YeeHaa!) sorry slightly off subject there......:o ;)

Anyway......Has anyone had any success in them upping their offers via telephone recently?? Or shall I send them the part payment letter...hmmm decisions decsions......

Thanks very much for any help!!!

Thanks very much.

I shall call them on Tuesday after the holiday. The letter states I have to call them within 14 days if unhappy with amount, so I shall. Thanks again.

Is it just me or does anyone else wish they had more money to claim!!!!;)

okay, I decided to use one of the contact email address provided on here and have emailed them my letter of rejection and also an updated spreadsheet showing them their costs should they decide to proceed to court and not just pay me what they owe me.

I shall also send a letter out recorded delivery tomorrow, but was a bit restless!!!

Yipee!!!

WON!!

Called lovely gent on this number 0845 124 1003 I explained I wouold like him to up their off a little but more and after some haggling (deal or no deal) has agreed to make payment for full charges (less £9) within 14 days!!!

That was quite painless tbh, I was a bit nervous calling but YEEHAA!!!!