MR2Phil vs Halifax Credit Card...now a lot richer!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following being successful with my claim against Halifax on my current account, I am now starting against the CC business. I was £200 over my limit of £550 but that's been paid off in full as of yesterday. The thinking was that I would find it easier to fight them from a strong position rather than them being able to say "Well, MR2Phil, you have been £200 over your limit for the past 6 months", and generally being arsey.

It felt SO sweet phoning them up yesterday:

"Hi, I'd like to pay off my credit card please"

"Certainly sir, how much will you be paying off?"

"All of it"

Boy, did I feel smug!!!

Thanks, Howard!!

Anyway, SAR goes off today. Any idea if the CC arm are any quicker at statement sending than the current account lot? I had to wait 42 days for the others.

hi you :) i have a halifax one card which i get hit for on charges every month , they charge me £12 for overlimit fee and £12 for late payment fee , i honestly dont no though how long it as only been that , maybe before it were more , i rang to get statements for this account were told they would charge me £5 for each statements and would totall prob over £100 , when i questioned this , the women said it is different to a normal bank account , someone else said just send you £10 postal order along with the first letter and they will send them , what do you think ? which letter do you send first for the credit card account ? is it different to a normal current account letter ?

Hi there,

I've just read on another thread that if you call the Halifax Visa Complaints number on 01383 743354 and request your statements from them it should be free? Sounds amazing, i know! Why not give it a try!

Eve x

You wont believe it.....

I just called that number, someone answered straight away, no automated answering, press 1 cr@p, straight to a person and their sending out my statements asap, no charge!!!

Sweet! :p

Sorry posted same message twice! Ooops!

I cant believe it, how can they say one thing to one and something else to the next? Are you going to try again? Make sure you tell them that you know for a fact they cant charge you more than £10 for all of your statements going back six years!

Yeah, I kinda insinuated that and she was happy to admit that they would send them out for £10. I can't believe (ok, I can) that they would stoop so low as to actually try and pull the wool like that.

Hi Phil

The best thing to do to get your credit card statements from the Halifax is take your DPA request into your local branch, they generally waive the fee and they will pass your request on to the credit card section.

Much better than phoning and asking as you have no proof the conversation ever took place, where as doing it in person you have a receipt and the 40days start straight away.

Hidden, I used:

Halifax Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Posted yesterday about 17:00, got this message on Royal Snail website today:

Your item with reference DH906941797GB was delivered from our DUNFERMLINE Delivery Office on 15/03/07 .

WHOO-HOO! That's the first letter I've sent that's actually shown up as delivered on their poxy site!! :D

Hope its a bit quicker to get the statements than the current a/c was...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I sent off the SAR request to Halifax CC and the first letter they sent back was the £5 per statement request, I wrote again and said I didnt want the statements, I just wanted a list of the charges and they could take the maximum £10 fee from my account if they wished.

A couple more weeks after the second letter they sent me a bundle of statements but said they would 'waive the charge as a gesture of goodwill'

They are very slow responding, they made an offer to me in the process of one years worth of fees which was about £300, I rejected so they came back with half the fees and I rejected again. I made the claim on moneyclaim and the 28th day is today. I rang the legal services at halifax last week to make sure they got my POC for the claim and they had got it but hadnt referenced it to my original letters so didn't know it was due.

He said they were going to settle and would write in a few days. They haven't so I'm just itching to press that 'Judgement by default' button on moneyclaim which is avilable from tomorrow.

I think that like all the other banks, they're short staffed to deal with the mountain of claims and they've got loads of temps in who don't know what their doing yet.

Customer relations are quite helpful on 01383 743354

• Haha 1

Really, Spartan??!! They can't do that, surely??!! Bloody hell, perhaps I should kill the account. The first thing I did when getting my money back from the Halifax for my bank account was pay the whole thing off so its currently sitting at zero.

Like the bank account, I have no idea how much they charged me over the years. Won't be anywear near the amount I got back from the bank, maybe only 10% of it, but it all counts, huh?!

Cheers for the info, Rodders, too.

This business of charging up to £100 for your statements is comlpete bull!

This comes from the governments website, link below.

Getting access to your information

The Act, with some exceptions, gives you the right to find out what information is held about you by organisations. This is known as the 'right of subject access'. On written request, you are entitled to be supplied with a copy of all the information an organisations holds about you.

The organisation may charge a fee for providing the information, up to a maximum of £10 in most instances and up to £50 in the case of manual (i.e. non-electronic) medical records. To see what information is held on you by credit reference agencies costs £2.

Direct gov DPA

Note the line about all the information an organisation holds about you.

Legally, and please correct me if I'm wrong, when we send a DPA we should receive details of EVERYTHING that they hold, ie statements, letters sent, phone calls made and received, overdrafts arranged, mortgages applied for and all the details on their screens in front of them when we ring etc etc etc

If they don't and enough of us complain they will lose their license and will be unable to operate. I'd like to see that!

So in a nutshell, the law says a maximum of £10 if they say any different take their name and tell them you need it to report them to the DP commissioner. Report them too! Then if you fancy doing it make a complete pest of yourself by insisting that you get every scrap of info they hold about you!

Just had a thought before I hit send. The £5 fee that they are trying to charge is for 'replacement statements' as per their T&C's. If the person you're dealing with doesn't understand the difference I'd go above their heads until someone does.

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

hi Aaronsdad,.............I know it is complete bull but thats what they did.Like I said they did credit my account when I complained.

I was just making Mr2phil aware of this. Cheers Spartan

My blood boiled for a while. Halifax are pillocks but in claiming back from current and mortgage accounts the service was frosty but helpful. Now I'm claiming back CC charges the service is awful. They don't seem to know what they're doing. My prelim was delivered on 24/2, LBA two weeks later and they recorded it on their system 13/4! Six weeks to register I sent a letter? Prats!

Anyway, we're right they're wrong so we'll always win!

A D

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.