Joint Account

LLou
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just received my bank statements from Lloyds TSB and realised that this relates to a joint account I held with an ex-boyf. Can I still claim on my own or do I need to get him in on it as a joint claimant? I spoke to Lloyds and they said that the account required two signatures for things like changing address or closing the account, although at the time he had managed to put a hold on the account without my knowledge (git). The account is now closed (and has been for 3 years). If anyone has any info regarding this type of situation I'd be grateful

Many thanks

:confused:

A couple of things Lou - firstly, are you still at the address, or do you have access to the address you held for the account?

Secondly, my thoughts are that you can absolutely reclaim these charges on your own, because as a joint account holder as long as you have/had equal authority over the account, you'd be able to do what you liked with it, except as they say, changing addresses etc. I've recently reclaimed from a joint account with Halifax and my husband was never involved at any stage, I didn't need his signature either.

My only concern is that if you successfully reclaim those charges, there could be come-back from your ex-bf on his 'share' of the money. You may have to give him half, unless you can prove you were the person who mainly handled the account back then. Just bear all this in mind, especially since he may one day want to reclaim charges from this account and realise that you've already done it and kept all the money!

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.