ill health and in debt

wannagethelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Can anybody help me,,,,,I'm trying to get the charges list for my son but although have just got his online banking going today only to find he cant get no more than 6 months statements as far as I can see. Has anybody got all their statements online for the full 6 years..? , he has not had his a/c for 6 years, its more like 5 but they have taken so much from him and now he is unwell and could do with some financial help so am trying to get something back for him. Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I've read that you can only get 6 months worth of online statements. If your son needs full copies of his banking history with Nat West, send the SAR to Alex Lyons at the Gogarburen address enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10. (SAR is in the templates section).

Hope that helps a little.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody advise me,,,,,

My young son has lost his job due to depression, just before xmas,,,before we realised what was wrong with him there was lots of damage done, i.e., lost his job due to lack of concentration and not focused, deep in debt, and bank (and others), chasing him for money. I have just worked out his charges from the bank which amount to almost £1,000 which would really help him and relieve some of the pressure, but this also includes charges for unpaid personal loan which is currently pending for the insurance he took to cover 'out of work' form has only just gone back so its possible some of these charges will get reimbursed.

I want to send off a prelim letter to get the ball rolling for him asap, can I do that now to include all the charges so far and adjust it if they do reimburse him any of the charges for the personal loan?

good Morning,,

Can anybody advise me, I'm just trying to type up the list of charges + interest from my sons bank statements,,,,,the problem is, on the left hand side of the statement there is a date but in the details column where the charge is listed there is also a date from when the charge was,,,,so, do I list the charge and interest from the date it was put on or from the date it was taken from the account?

Hope that makes sense...i.e.

Date Details Withdrawn Paid In Balance

28 May 2002 30 Apr a/c 12345 30.00 0.00 xx.xx

Hope that is clearer.

Thank you anyone

good Morning,,

Can anybody advise me, I'm just trying to type up the list of charges + interest from my sons bank statements,,,,,the problem is, on the left hand side of the statement there is a date but in the details column where the charge is listed there is also a date from when the charge was,,,,so, do I list the charge and interest from the date it was put on or from the date it was taken from the account?

Hope that makes sense...i.e.

Date Details Withdrawn Paid In Balance

28 May 2002 30 Apr a/c 12345 30.00 0.00 xx.xx

Hope that is clearer.

Thank you anyone

you should list the date, and calculate the interest, from the date it was taken from the account.

• Haha 1

Wow,,,,that was quick, thank you very much indeed.....need to get this finished.

Would you know if it is ok to add my own paragraph in mentioning the default they are intending for my son and also should I include the £30.00 charge they have put on his account for the privilege of putting the default on.

Thanks again:)

the preliminary approach letter inthe templates librarry requests the removal of defaults on the account, specifically if the default was caused by the deduction of the unlawful charges, therefor the charge of £30 for issuing the default should be recoverable...

If im wrong im sure somebody will correct me...hope this helps

Hi there wannagethelp. Great that you are doing the bank charges for your son - that will be at least some weight off his mind.

Reading your first post, I see that you say he is waiting for the insurance to come through - is this his PPI (payment protection insurance)?

Depression is only covered in PPI's if you are seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist - I wondered if this is the case with your son? It may need another trip to his GP to talk his "symptoms" through, - perhaps it is something other than depression??

I would read through the T & C's of his policy to be sure.

Hi ladybird,,,,thanks for your post,,,,,,he has seen a CBT therapist from the GP,,,,,should he ask again for some more sessions although his GP is a brilliant on the ball, young doctor who my son see's and has refused to see any other GP at the surgery because he trusts this one and seems to know about his symptoms, its a reactive depression resulting in a fatal accident of a friend of my sons

Oh my, so worried about this PPI,,,,have heard so many bad reports:( I do hope they don't penalise my son, he really needs all the help he can get at the moment,,,,financial pressure is mounting daily,

Hello again ladybird,,,,,no, please don't feel bad, I truly am very grateful for any honest advice,,,,,feel like I'm walking on quick sand at the moment trying to get his matters sorted out so advice, good or bad news, is very much appreciated. At least I know what's coming and can try and prepare things.

Thank you.:)

Hey, does anyone know how I can get this thread into the NatWest one?

Had enough of this lot, been looking at my sons charges today and got very, very angry,,,,,,to make matters worse they have 'demoted' him down from a Gold Account to basic because of financial problems....well,,,,,IF IT WASN'T FOR YOUR OUTRAGEOUS CHARGES HE WOULDN'T BE OVER HIS OVERDRAFT!!! Watch out NATWEST......I'M COMING FOR MY BOY!! Right,,,that's it done! Handed in my sons prelim letter today,,,and they won't get a lba, just going straight to court, fed up with this lot

p.s. Can anybody tell me how to get this thread into NATWEST and out of LTSB , plz.

Hi

You need to PM a Moderator, ask them to move it for you.

Also, I know you're mad, I can understand, but do send them a LBA, just to show the Court you have made a reasonable attempt at settling before it goes as far as the Court action.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Had enough of this lot, been looking at my sons charges today and got very, very angry,,,,,,to make matters worse they have 'demoted' him down from a Gold Account to basic because of financial problems....well,,,,,IF IT WASN'T FOR YOUR OUTRAGEOUS CHARGES HE WOULDN'T BE OVER HIS OVERDRAFT!!! Watch out NATWEST......I'M COMING FOR MY BOY!! Right,,,that's it done! Handed in my sons prelim letter today,,,and they won't get a lba, just going straight to court, fed up with this lot

p.s. Can anybody tell me how to get this thread into NATWEST and out of LTSB , plz.

WGH, you must follow the process exactlyt and send the LBA 14 days after the prelim. If you get a standard get lost letter inside of the 14 days, then you go to the next step straight away. As Barty Points out the court needs to see you have given them reasonable time to meet your demands. Use your anger to steel your resolve and see it all the way through

I know your right, kdfh/Barty.....was just really upset at what is going on with my son,,,,,,even the insurance people are giving him a hard time,,,,very stroppy and quite rude in fact,,,,,was very polite when he signed up for insurance, he has been paying it for 2 1/2 years and never claimed until now he is ill and they are putting obstacles in his way,,,,,,I feel so bad for him,,,,,,I feel like he has been taken advantage of, has always worked and paid everything and now he needs to use the insurance they are still trying to put him through the mill,,,,,,,what with that and the bank 'demoting' him and have charged him all this money (nearly £1,000), then have the nerve to threaten a default against him.....aghhhhh:x ,,,,sorry, mothers rage.

But, yes, I will follow the correct procedure and send the lba at the end of the 14 days.

Thank you both for your advice.....

Have pm'd a site helper (I think) but not been moved to the Natwest site.....any idea how I can do that?

Hi wannagethelp,

i've been reading your thread, and feel for you and your son. :(

Glad to see you have calmed down a little and decided to follow the procedure laid down here. Frustrating i know, but it's all done with good reason. You need to be strong for your son who i think would find this overwhelming.

If there is anything i can do to help i would be glad to assist, even if it's just a little moral support. i will keep my eye on your thread, although i expect a mod will move it to the Nat West forum shortly.

Good luck with your claim, you will get this money back if you follow the advice given on this website. :)

Pondfish :)

LloydsTSB - Current Account claim £5,554 settled unconditionally 25.4.2007 :D

If the Pondfish has helped click his scales! ;-)

Please donate to this site if you can! :-)

Thank you Pondfish for your kind words of support. It is tough, I'm finding it overwhelming so I know my son would not be able to cope with all this but I will press on although I am a bit worried because I did a mish mash of a prelim letter,,,,,,I don't know what was happening in my head but I just hope its effective enough. On reflection I know it wasn't my best day or brightest moment but was under pressure and dealing with too many things at once I think, and dealing my with own bank and the charges which amount to almost £3,000,,,,,,I honestly am truly grateful for this site and would not have been able to do this alone, that much I'm sure of. But hey, I do read through a lot of the threads and it does give me hope:)

Thank you again and for everybody that has posted for me.x

HI WGH,

i really feel for you and your son.... the stress and worry must be immense.:(

If you follow the steps and use the template letters from the library, modified to suit you own circumstances if required, then it will avoid problems later on. :)

We are all here to help and support you through this...be strong for you and your son... i know it must be terribly difficult.:)

Hi,

I have moved you to Nat West.

Don't worry about the demoting of the account it is actaully a good thing as advantage gold is £12 per month and I doubt if your son is using it at present.

Was the loan he had taken to cover a previous overdraft made up of charges? If so have a read here.

Best Wishes

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi wannagethelp, hope you don't mind but I've just read through your thread and I really felt for you. I've sort of been in your position, but with my husband. It must be doubly awful when it's your own child, and as a fellow mum you have all my empathy. Keep posting on here at every step, even if you just need a little moral support as others have said. I know it's no consolation at the moment, but with lots of love and medical support my husband eventually overcame his depression and he's now back at work, back to normal and feels even stronger because he's overcome it. Try to be kind to yourself in the meantime though, as you must be juggling so many balls at the moment. Good luck to you both. xxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Good morning and thank you everyone for your replies and kind support, I certainly need it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm now sitting here with a huge bill from T Mobile,,oh god. They , (Westcott debt collectors on T Mobile behalf), had previously sent my son a letter dated 24 January 2007, asking for payment of £512.54 and for his financial breakdown of his income,,,,(zero all but sickness benefits) which was sent back to their debt collector dept, Westcott, and agreed he could pay £10 per month, but still got a bill from T Mobile dated January, asking for the full amount of £456.31, then another dated February for the full amount, £512.54 I got home from work late last night to find another letter from T Mobile, well a bill actually, dated March, for £1,388.96, which lists an outstanding balance of £510.90, plus new charges this month outside plan of £899.49. It also says at the bottom 'This confirms we have closed your account. You may receive a final revised bill with late charges! My son is absolutely floored by this and I'm actually physically shaking trying to read over it. How can the bill be that much when they have disconnected him months ago? Does he have to pay this? We cant afford it at all, can anyone please advise me what I can do. T Mobile have absolutely refused to speak to me because its my sons account and I'm sinking fast.:(

Any advice would be very welcomed.