RICHARD1965 v Natwest

RICHARD1965
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone !.

I'm just in the process of receiving my lasy 6 years bank statements from Natwest.

I'm obviously going to highlight all the charges , add them up, and then use one of the many 'proforma' letter available, to attempt to recover my charges.

Just a couple of questions :

1. How likely are Natwest to pay up ?.

2. Do I have to enclose copies of the bank statements detailing the charges I dispute, or do I just refer to dates ?.

3. Exactly which charges can I dispute, and do you ask for a full refund. For instance, I have a recent charge of £28.00 for going over my overdraft limit. Do I ask for the full amount back, or just a partial refund ?.

Thanks

Richard

Hi and welcome to the site,

:p

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

In answer to your questions, Nat West will pay up eventually and you can dispute pretty much all the charges, you will however need to draw up a schedule of charges and not send copies of your statements.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

All the best in your claim!! :wink:

DELLER

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

1. How likely are Natwest to pay up ?.

2. Do I have to enclose copies of the bank statements detailing the charges I dispute, or do I just refer to dates ?.

3. Exactly which charges can I dispute, and do you ask for a full refund. For instance, I have a recent charge of £28.00 for going over my overdraft limit. Do I ask for the full amount back, or just a partial refund ?.

Natwest will almost certainly pay up without fail. Don't send your statements, just detail the charges and dates and interest.

You can ask for full refunds of all charges except stopped cheques and current account fees e.g Advantage Gold fees of £6 can't be claimed.

Read the FAQ's on the forum though, well worth reading again and again, the biggest lesson I have learnt is be meticulous and keep asking questions on here

Hi Richard, have a look through this stickie:

Sticky: Natwest contact

You need the Customer Relations Dept., Borehamwood address, FAO Stuart Higley.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 4 weeks later...

As previously advised.

14 Days have now elapsed since I sent my 'initial letter' copied from your library, to 'Stuart Higley' at the 'Natwest Customer Relations' address in 'Borehamwood'.

Just to make sure I'm proceeding in the correct manner - Do I now send the 'second letter' to the same address , and then wait another 14 days ??.

Is this correct, or should I also make a phone call to ensure the letter has been received ( it was sent registered post ), before sending my second letter ?.

Thank's in advance !!!

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Threads merged and retitled.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello !

Right, I've now had no response to my second letter to Natwest, and am now going to issue a claim via the 'HMCS Money Claim Online' Site. Could anybody clarify, what is the address that I should put on the claim form for the Natwest, and are there any other links as to how I should fill this form out.

One final point that I wanted to clarify - On advice form the site, I sent my first two letter to Mr. Stuart HIGLEY at the Natwest Customer Relations address in Borehamwood. I take it this is okay ?. I was just thinking if Natwest try to say that this individual has now left the company etc, and my letters were never opened and they had no idea of my claim.

Thanks in advance.

Guest NATTIE

It is the registered address for natwest which is 135 Bishopsgate, London

Stuart Higley does still work for NatWest so everything is A OK