wil they take me to court pls help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have had a debt with 1st credit of £415 which I was paying for a few months at £1oo p/m. I then discovered this site and sent them a CCA. I also stopped all payments. They failed to return anything to me and next week a month will be up and they would have committed an offence.

Today in the post I recieved a letter from their solicitors stating that if I don not pay the full Balance withing 14 days they will commence legal proceedings against me in a count court. The letter also states that if they do this they will also look to get solicitors fees, interest and court costs from me.

I was under the impression that since I sent them a CCA that the debt was in dispute and that they could not start legal proceedings against me.

Does any one think that they would start proceedings against me for £415 and would i have to pay all the costs.

I have been advised in the past to ignore all letters and calls from them, but I dont want to really go court , but I dont think they can provide me with a CCA.

Please help as this has me a lil worried no. What should I do

also if I am issued a ccj can I pay it with 28 days and then the CCJ will not stand. Is this true

thanks Jay

it means they are chancing their arm!! send them(solicitor) a letter stating that you sent the cca request along with £1 payment(include copy of cca request) and that they received it on XX/XX by recorded delivery as confirmed by royal mail, that they have defaulted on this and according to the CCA 1974 they are in default and the debt is unenforceable until they supply the requested docs. you don't need to do this but i would as it is in your best interest to hit this on the head. i would also send this same letter to 1st credit. they are slimey to deal with, and will try all tricks but ultimately you will get shot of them