Greetings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all,

Just signed up to the site and getting loads of info from the many threads. Thanks to all that've contributed.

I'm fairly far down the line of reclaiming charges, Barclays have ingnored/refused to cough up in response to my letters so I've applied to court. I'm now at the stage where they've mounted a defence to my claim.

I've got the allocation questionaire and am working my way through it.

I'm slightly worried the the defence is some 9 points in length and, not being of legal mind, I'm not sure I've completely got my head around it. Is the defence normally this detailed?

It would appears that point 9 is a 'just in case' statement which implies even if they don't win they want the actual cost of me going overdrawn back off me (offset against any liability owed to me).

Can I still use the template in the FAQ - Allocation questionaire section?

Going to court is rare from what I can gather but I want to get this right. Has anybody actually got this far and can give some advice/moral support?

I thought I'd have no problem with this but now I'm beggining to wobble a bit!

Thanks

Vs Barclays round 1 - Won

Vs Barclays round 2 - In progress

I will get this moved to the Barclays forum. There are some great success stories in there which will help.

Getting a defence is quite normal and i have just recieved mine with the NW. I wouldn't worry to much at this stage.

• Haha 1

Hi Bornagain,

The AQ guide should suffice for your needs, the defence documentation seem to lean towards the heavyweight from all the banks, (personel exp from Abbey ran to 14 points).

I don't know of anyone who has seen the inside of a courtroom on this so I think it is just a standard response effectively.

Read through the "war stories" on the Barclays forum and if you haven't allready started a thread "Bornagainthrifty V Barclays" I would suggest you do sa as this will allow people with specific experience of this bank to assist.

If you need any quick answers try the Chatroom.

Best of luck

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek further clarification.

If you found it helpful or useful please click the scales on the left.

• Haha 3

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[