How do you deal with an account closed years ago?

ant80808
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew anything about this....

I held an account with capital one between June 2001 and Nov 2003 and was charged at least 10 times so it's worth getting in back. I have no record of the account numbers though? I am still at the same address that the account was registered to, so can i just write in asked for the all the statements in 40days with a cheque for a tenner and hope they can find my account using my address? I have exactly the same situation with barclaycard. Already got £918 out of HSBC so after the rest now! Thanks for any advice,

Ant

I have read a few postings on different sites and am under the impresion that you can claim back on ANY accounts including closed accounts up to 6 years ago. There are templates in the libary for this enquirey you don't even need to know the account numbers.

Hi Ant

You need to send an S.A.R. ( Subject Access Request ). This is a request for all of the data they have on you. It costs £10 in total no more, does'nt matter how many accounts you have with the same bank. Give as much information you can about your account. They have then 40days to reply with your request. Maybe put a Mobile number in your letter in case they want to check your security.There are some links below to help you.

Good luck

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

How are you getting on mate? I am in the same situation with Barclaycard and Capital One as well?

Halifax Current Account - £90 won back (Feb 23rd)

Halifax Credit Card - Statement back £200 charged

Halifax Electron - Req.statements 15th Jan not arrived

Barclays - Ready to request statements

Capital One - About to request statements

Currently i have sent them all the details i have, basically the most i could see of the account number was by looking at my current account statements from which i had made payments to the card, so was able to give them the 1234 56** **** 1234 so hopefully even with some numbers missing they will be able to use my name, address and D.O.B to find the details. I've sent them the postal order for £10 and the 40 day request for all the information, but that was all sent 7 days ago now so i imagine I will have to wait a bit longer. As soon as i've got that lot i'll be sending it right back with the 14day LBA.