Electric Lemon V Barclays - £5000!!!!

electric lemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Please forgive me if I end up posting in the wrong place, as I am struggling with all the technology here! It took me 5 days just to work out how to do this.:oops:

Just wanted to introduce myself & to also advise of my intrepid journey to haul Barclays (the swines!) & Woolwich (double swines!) over the coals to gain back the money they have swiped from my husband & I over the years.

My details are as follows. Large mortgage, 3 children. Have been bombarded with unscrupulous charges from both banks. This is for the entire 6 years.

The charges are as follows:

Woolwich - £4995

Woolwich Joint - £1975

Barclays Joint - £3345

Total of £7315 :shock:

HOW DOUBLE DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Sent letter to Woolwich to request statements with £10 cheque 5 weeks ago.

2. Cheque sent back within a week with details of charges all printed off - all I had to do was count them up & return a copy. Looked good!

3. Letter & copy of charges sent back to them from me requesting that they reimburse me.

4. Letter from Woolwich 1 week later saying we are sorry you are unhappy, we are looking into it, blah, blah, blah. This will be resolved by March 5th.

( There actual date to sort it out was 15th Feb, going by the 14 days stated in the letter)

As I am nice I thought I would wait till the 5th March. (should I have done? or should I have been "Evil Mother...I want to feed my Babies", & gone ahead on the 15th Feb with the next letter?)

5. Then on 25th Feb last week I get a letter from Woolwich saying that as this is a sensitive case it has now been passed to Barclays head office.

6. I call Barclays. They say " we have no record of you, blah, blah, blah". Called Woolwich, they say they have handed over all the information to Barclays & are no longer dealing with it. Call Barclays, they say as information has only just been handed over they will need a little time to sort it out. They said "we will contact you within 7 days to confirm things, though you will have to wait 8 weeks approximately for them even to consider things!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr!!!

7. Ok, here's the deal, you B******'s - YOU GIVE ME MY MONEY OR I SEND THE 2 TODDLERS IN!!!! THAT SURE AS HELL WOULD HAVE YOU BEGGING TO GIVE ME MY MONEY AFTER AN HOUR I CAN ASSURE YOU - TEE! HEE!

8. So, guys. Where do I go from here?

a) Do I give Barclays some grace?

b) Do I just go ahead & send the next letter to Woolwich or Barclays as they are over the 14 days?

c) Do I send the next letter to Barclays & disregard this 8 week need to r/v my situation? (load of crappo i'm sure)

d) Barclays only have till Friday anyway, as they said we will contact you within 7 days.

e) As Barclays/Woolwich seem to be rather difficult(?!:confused: ) I am PETRIFIED of setting a foot wrong else they would use that to shove my claim outta court, which they would relish doing.

BY THE WAY THEY ARE GONNA HATE ME/DESPISE ME/FIGHT ME AS MY CLAIM IS A BIGGIE!! :grin: .......NA, NA, NA NA NA!!!

Brings out all your emotions this doesn't it....spending too much time with my kids!!!

Any help/advice is most gratefully received, as is contact from any others having to deal with Fort Knox Woolwich or Biffa-Bear Barclays.

Many, many thanks,

Electric Lemon

Xx:grin:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi EL just popping by, write to Barclays Head Office on your timescales ok?? OHH BTW are you doing3 Seperate claims????

DELBOY:)

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Hi there All,

Oh yes, Husband & I are doing 3 claims.

The joint woolwich for £1975 we had an offer for of £900 yesterday, but are sooooo rejecting it & will send a letter out as such next couple of days.

I also sent off letters to Barclaycard & Capital One last week.

I thought I would state my dates on my big woolwich claim etc so anyone can see the ???Progress.

For Woolwich £4995

1st Feb - DPA Request & £10 cheque sent

7th Feb - Statements & £10 returned to me

8th Feb - 1st letter requesting money back sent - ALL £4995 of it.

17th Feb - Letter from bank saying details being passed to manager - willl resolve by 5th March

21st Feb - Letter saying..this is a complex case, therefore being passed to Barclays H.O.

28th Feb - Letter from Barclays H.O. saying receiving attention, intend to investigate within 4 weeks, though could take 8 weeks!

What do I do now please?

I have looked at the letters sent & had stated that they have 14 days to return my money.

The next letter I would send states, as I have had no response/a satisfactory response (delate as appropraite)you now have 7 days else I will start court action - a LBA is it?

Is the fact that they say it could be another 4-8 weeks classed as an unsatisfactory response or could they get me in court (assuming that they will of course MAKE ME do this!), saying, we asked this woman for some time & she wouldnt wait, therefore throw the claim out as she didnt adhere to policies blah, blah, blah???????

HELP, HELP, HELP please!

Thanks,

Electric lemon:confused:

Is the fact that they say it could be another 4-8 weeks classed as an unsatisfactory response or could they get me in court (assuming that they will of course MAKE ME do this!), saying, we asked this woman for some time & she wouldnt wait, therefore throw the claim out as she didnt adhere to policies blah, blah, blah???????

HELP, HELP, HELP please!

Thanks,

Electric lemon:confused:

NO! That is thier internal procedure only (if you were going through a different route it would, but never mind that).

GOLDEN RULE. Stick to your own timetable and deadlines!! Your fully within your rights to do so.

Your LBA is due to be sent!

hello there , you are heading in the right direction , stick to your timetable not theirs as 14 days is ample time for them to respond .

imagine if it was the other way round , they would hammer you.

carry on as you are and if you need any help or advice don't hesitate to come back and post your questions.

good luck and don't worry as you will get there in the end:)

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself & to also advise of my intrepid journey to haul Barclays [edit] & Woolwich [edit] over the coals to gain back the money they have [edit] from my husband & I over the years.

My details are as follows. Large mortgage, 3 children. Have been bombarded with unscrupulous charges from both banks. This is for the entire 6 years.

The charges are as follows:

Woolwich - £4995

Woolwich Joint - £1975

Barclays Joint - £3345

Total of £7315 :shock:

HOW DOUBLE DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Sent letter to Woolwich to request statements with £10 cheque 5 weeks ago.

2. Cheque sent back within a week with details of charges all printed off - all I had to do was count them up & return a copy. Looked good!

3. Letter & copy of charges sent back to them from me requesting that they reimburse me.

4. Letter from Woolwich 1 week later saying we are sorry you are unhappy, we are looking into it, blah, blah, blah. This will be resolved by March 5th.

( There actual date to sort it out was 15th Feb, going by the 14 days stated in the letter)

As I am nice I thought I would wait till the 5th March. (should I have done? or should I have been "Evil Mother...I want to feed my Babies", & gone ahead on the 15th Feb with the next letter?)

5. Then on 25th Feb last week I get a letter from Woolwich saying that as this is a sensitive case it has now been passed to Barclays head office.

6. I call Barclays. They say " we have no record of you, blah, blah, blah". Called Woolwich, they say they have handed over all the information to Barclays & are no longer dealing with it. Call Barclays, they say as information has only just been handed over they will need a little time to sort it out. They said "we will contact you within 7 days to confirm things, though you will have to wait 8 weeks approximately for them even to consider things!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrr!!!

7. Ok, here's the deal, you [edit] - YOU GIVE ME MY MONEY OR I SEND THE 2 TODDLERS IN!!!! THAT SURE AS HELL WOULD HAVE YOU BEGGING TO GIVE ME MY MONEY AFTER AN HOUR I CAN ASSURE YOU - TEE! HEE!

8. So, guys. Where do I go from here?

a) Do I give Barclays some grace?

b) Do I just go ahead & send the next letter to Woolwich or Barclays as they are over the 14 days?

c) Do I send the next letter to Barclays & disregard this 8 week need to r/v my situation? (load of crappo i'm sure)

d) Barclays only have till Friday anyway, as they said we will contact you within 7 days.

e) As Barclays/Woolwich seem to be rather difficult(?!:confused: ) I am PETRIFIED of setting a foot wrong else they would use that to shove my claim outta court, which they would relish doing.

BY THE WAY THEY ARE GONNA HATE ME/DESPISE ME/FIGHT ME AS MY CLAIM IS A BIGGIE!! :grin: .......NA, NA, NA NA NA!!!

Brings out all your emotions this doesn't it....spending too much time with my kids!!!

Any help/advice is most gratefully received, as is contact from any others having to deal with Fort Knox Woolwich or Biffa-Bear Barclays.

Many, many thanks,

Electric Lemon

Hi there Thailand,

Ok, at last beginning to get the deal here!!!!!

I will start a new thread for all 3 - that makes sense. Look out for them!

By the way, I received an offer from Barclays today!!!!!!!:eek:

Had to go home to husband at lunchtime as I had inadvertantly taken his keys this morning, & low & behold there was a letter for me.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

The excitement was immense, as I so wasnt expecting a response so soon. After seeing replies for me from yest, I was getting ready to get the next letter out. (thanks by the way)

They have offered £1000.

NO WAY HOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Kiss my bank statements!!!!

I knew they they wouldnt come up with all the spondooolies, but it sure put me on a high to see some action.

Next letter going out asap to get the rest.

By the way, I think I have seriously messed up.

With the interest on £4995 over 5 years it way takes me over the threshold (due to work it out tonight), so does this mean I would have to take it to the BIG court, or can I still go through small claims if I have too????

I think I should have put 2 seperate claims in as I have a feeling this will raise the amount up to £7000'ish.:(

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for all you're doing,

Electric lemon:D

Wow, what an excited post LOL!

Good news EL, it doesn't matter that the interest will take you over the 5K threshold, it is not taken into consideration except for the court fee, which will be higher (£250 I think, but don't quote me on it) which of course you will get back. :)

Just wanted to advise all that I got an offer of £1000 from Barclays today, but....eat my statements dude!! You owe me £5000 + £1,800 in interest = £6800 in total:eek:

Wont accept & will go all the way.

Am due to start 3 threads for each of these claims, so watch this space!!!!

Electric Lemon:D

Hi There Everyone,

I Have a BIG one!!!!

£4995 in total!!:eek: OMG!"!

This thread is for my own account that I had as a single parent & student for the past 6 years. ( I now have my degree & am married with 3 children!).

My account was with the Woolwich, but now Barclays have taken over I have listed it as Barclays here. Incidentally all paperwork sent past 2 letters has been headed with 'Barclays'.

I have to admit I was a shade of PEUCE:mad: /embarrassed to see just how much I had been charged. But with each charge that amounted I found myself getting more & more angry, & making more & more obscene mutterings under my breath. The Cheeky B******s!!!

This Threads details are as follows:

Barclays owe me - £4995

1. Sent letter to Woolwich to request statements with £10 cheque mid Jan.

2. Cheque sent back. Statements in my hand within a week - Thankyou!

3. Within 48 hours Letter & copy of charges sent back requesting my money!

5. 25th Feb last week I get a letter from Woolwich saying that as this is a sensitive case it has now been passed to Barclays head office.

7. Ok, here's the deal, - YOU GIVE ME MY MONEY OR I SEND THE 2 TODDLERS IN!!!! THAT SURE AS HELL WOULD HAVE YOU BEGGING TO GIVE ME MY MONEY AFTER AN HOUR I CAN ASSURE YOU - TEE! HEE!

8. Then out of the blue......on 1st March I get a letter with an offer of £1000. No way hose! Eat my Bank Statements!!!!

(Though not too bad a timescale - from initial letter to offer took less than 6 weeks).

BUT....I'm gonna go all the way on this one baby!!

I am now in the process of collating all the interest which makes the total an additional £1500, totalling £6500:eek: .

I am a little concerned as Im sure I saw on another website that if the claim goes over £5k you need to seek legal advice? (thailand, thanks for your previous advice).Very Scarey.

As Barclays/Woolwich seem to be rather difficult(?!

:confused: ) I am PETRIFIED of setting a foot wrong else they would use that to shove my claim outta court, which they would relish doing.

THEY ARE GONNA HATE ME/DESPISE ME/FIGHT ME AS MY CLAIM IS A BIGGIE!

Any help/advice is most gratefully & graciously received, as is contact from any others having to deal with Barclays.

Many, many thanks,

Electric Lemon

P.S.(There are 2 other sets of charges my husband & I are claiming for but these have different threads, & are for joint accounts. However, the 3 of them makes a total of:..........

£7315 :shock: without interest!

that's why you have been skint for the last six years.(and me).

we have been robbed blind by the **** who made us feel guilty for going overdrawn while they made vast profits because we had the misfortune of starting a family.

good luck and i hope you get every penny rant rant grrrrrr.

you will not go to court guaranteed , as long as you follow the advice on this site you will get your money back.

just be patient , don't worry or panic and keep your sense of humour and you will have no problems.

someone will hold your hand all the way.:rolleyes:

you will not go to court guaranteed

Please be aware that although many are settling out of court there is NO GUARANTEE that yours will,

be prepared to attend court that way you wont get caught out. and dont get complacent thinking you wont need this or that.

Good luck in your quest.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

hi electric you ok, just been readin through youe thread and omg £7,500 is a lot of money. mine mounts up to 1,825 thou i bet we have the same diffeculties reclaiming this. i now have my lba in front of me so will be posting it v shortly,. i will keep u posted on how my claim goes.. good luck with yours:)

Hi Dickeggsy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am soooo mad with Barclays - I just read crashbandicoots thread & final success. What a flamin nerve they have - and they settled in full, as was expected, but MY GOD they exhaust you & push you to your limits dont they.

Have you claimed at all. or are you just thinking about it?

Couldnt see any details about you?!

Are you with Barclays too?

Cant help but feel VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY nervous about it all though.:confused:

Am in no rush though thats for sure.

Speak to you soon I hope!

Best wishes,

xx

Hi Crazy,

I know its a HUGE amount & REEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY Scarey!!!!!:confused:

I am pooping my pants about doing anything wrong - coz wouldnt they just LURVE that, the swines. (swing of arms just like wassis face from BB programme!).

I shall be posting my IBA tomorrow too - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

That makes us sort of claiming-buddies hee hee!

Love,

Hi Electric Lemon,

Keep the faith girl and stick to the step by step instructions and you will be fine. You get back whats yours and thinks of all the sweets and E numbers your kids can get when you get the cheque through!

On a serious note, i may be wrong here but if your claim is under £5k before you add interest and charges it stays in the remit of small claims.

I'm sure someone far more well versed than me will confirm or deny this for you. Either way good luck and i have a couple of rug rats that you can borrow to send in as reinforcements if required!

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.

Ha Ha Oz!,

Thats it, a woman(?) after my own heart. Lets send 'em in by the dozen, they'll do anything for us then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They'll be begging to pay us. (More guffaws!!!!)

I so hope that you are right about the charges, if they are below £5k before interest than I can proceed as normal as it were.

I'm sure I saw somewhere here that I would have to 'Fast Track' my claim as it would be over £5k after interest. That really would be a drag as this so called 'Fast Track' takes ? up to 33 weeks!!!

Actually, I havnt a clue about 'fast tracking' & need help.

Anyone else out there can help with this?

Whats your deal Oz? - are yu claiming or loitering with intent?!

Best,

Electric:D

x

haha hello mate.

my court dates in april but hopefully my judge will strike out the claim cos barclays haven't submitted a defence to me and the court in time.

you are dead right it is really stressful , i have had many a sleepless night(and thats apart from the missus keeping me awake oo err).

like i said stick with it and keep us posted cos your posts are brill.

any questions just ask.:)

Hi Electric lemon

MAN after your own heart!!!!!!!! Although i concede the fact that i am a house husband at the moment, post brain surgery and radiation treatment!! Too much time on my hands and most of it spent on CAG!!

I'm after barclays and littlewoods on behalf of my mother in law, lloyds on behalf of my bother.

See if you can get someone to check out the £5k business. I'm sure its small claims under £5k before interest and charges but i could be wrong.

Good luck

If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read it in english thank a soldier.

hi electric you well, man the stress of all this is v bad for the old ticker lol. i posted my LBA yesterday and i'm now also crapping it. i'm unsure as to when i should start the court proccedings eek v scary, so if anyone could help would be great. it is a little reasuring to know were both in the same boat, so lets row forth and not let the b*&%*$ds grind us down:-) ;-) :-) lol. i'll keep you posted if anything happens 13 days to go oh no..