julied1 v Natwest Credit Card

julied1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Yes another one to be going on with.

SAR sent 02/03/07, Natwest received it today 05/03/07.

Today 40 days and counting................................................................

Will keep you all posted.

I have quite a few SARs out at the moment, just hope all the staements don't come through at once!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just received statements from hubbys Nat West CC. Can anyone tell me how to correctly transfer the monthly % into APR %. I have read it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't just put my finger on it.

I am right in saying you dony just x it by 12?

Someone please help.:)

Hey julied...... not sure on this one. Have you had a look at all of the speadsheets? I'm sure I remember one of them being for credit cards only. If not......hopefully someone can shed a bit more light on this. good luck - hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent prelim letter today, just looked on the web site for interest rate. At the moment it is 16.9% so I went with this.

I find from reading some lucky people haven't had their £10.00 cashed. I was not one of the lucky ones never mind.

Just going to wait to send the next letter assuming I will have to.

Will keep you posted.

Hey julied............. I wasn't lucky either............my tenner was cashed too :(

Still - it should be worth it in the end!!!! Good luck, hedgey xxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yes on the statements it says for example 1.385% this is only the monthly interest and on a previous post I asked how I could work out the APR from this as I read somewhere you don't jst times it by 12.

I thought it easier just to go onto the website and found the rate was 16.9% can you belive though students are charged 18.9% what a rip off!

Thanks anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just received a letter from NatWest, thanking me for my letter of the 12th April 2007. Blah blah............".We believe that our charges are fair, reasonable and transparent. We consider the amounts debited to your account have been applied strctly in accordance with your agreement and pubished tariff.

However, having reviewed your case and as a gesture of good will and without admission of liability or error, we are prepared to offer the amount of £xxx.xx paid direct into your account (do they not realise this account has been closed for over 12 months!) This figure represents a refund of the difference between our original £18-£20 and current £12 late payment charge and includes any associated interest charges.

Acceptance by you of this payment will be in full and final settlement of any claims you have relating to our charges.

To accept this offer please complete the attached form and return it to us in the reply paid envelope enclosed".

How does NO sound!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am unsure wether to accept it as a partial payment or just a blank refusal. With the Bradford I just point blank refused and they paid up within a few days of the refusal?

Any comments welcome:)

Hi julied, I'd personally tell them to get lost - in a professional manner of course!! Seriously, stick to your guns and hold out for the full amount - we all know £12 is still a ripoff charge levy anyway.

You can partially reject if you want to whilst still pursuing them for the balance, but you've come this far - so I'd say reject it outright and explain your reasons for doing so............ then keep going with the claim!!!

fingers crossed for a full and final settlement soon! Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks Hedgey,

Just about to start my rejection letter, I wouldn't mind but the claim is not for much at all. Just been reading vons thread, hope this claim isn't going to be that complicated.

Why do banks insist on making us pay out more just to settle anyway? Thank goodness for the wordprocessor, If I'd had to write out everything by hand I would probably have given up by now.

I'll keep plodding on!:)

Well,

Thats my rejection letter completed!

I have quite a few claims going on. all at different stages yesterday I had 6 recorded delivery letters, I always get a handful of labels from the nice lady at our local post office. She's quite pleased when she sees me as she knows everythings been filled in and she basically just has to stamp the receipt.

Can't wait for NatWest to reply now.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well!,

Read this!

5 May 2007

Account Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Dear Mr D

Thank you for your letter of 26 April , I am sorry that you again have concerns regarding the charges that have been applied to your account.

As we outlined in our oletter of 23 April we explain all of our terms and conditions including our fees and charges at account opening and they form the basis of your agreement with us. We must therefore, disagree with the views expressed in your letter.

If on reflection you would like to accept our offer of XXX.XX as outlined in our previous letter please complete the attached form and return it to us in the reply paid envelope enclosed. This figure represents a refund of the difference between our original £20 and the current £12 late payment charge and includes any associated interest charges.

I would remind you that acceptance by you of this payment will be paid in full and final settlement of all claims you have relating to our charges.

Any charges that properly accrue in the future will be applied to your account in line with our published terms and conditions.Would have great difficulty doing this as the account has been closed for a couple of years now!

I would re-iterate that our letter of 5 May should be taken as the Bank's final response. This gives you the option, should you still remain dissatisfied, to refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to take this course of action you must do so no later than six months from the date of our final response.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah Appleford

Team Manager

Customer Care Team

I had already told them in the rejection letter we would only accept it as part payment and seek the rest in court.

I think now I will send the Letter Before Action and let them stew for a bit. I'm getting a bit daunted now, It's so long winded. I may also enclose the bit about claiming costs if they settle AFTER I have filed the court papers.

Any comments Please

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julied,

I have recently filed a claim against Nat CC, I had a similar letter from Mrs. Appleford where she had offered the difference between £20 and £12. I have declined it and went to the courts through MCOL. Currently the status is I have received an acknowledgement that Natwest will defend the whole amount! I personally do not know if anyone has succeded in claiming the full amount (I haven't seen any posts with similar claims) but I feel the charges are unfair and hence can be claimed.

Will have to wait and see......will keep you posted!!! Cheers ABA

I too have have two separate claims on the go with NatWest CC, and have received several letters offering me the difference between £15, £20 and £12 from Appleford. In both cases i have posted LBA's, they are about to hit the deadline, but i need to respond to their final response letters.

I'm interested in hearing about any other cases or experiences with NatWest CC?

Thanks.

Hi 3dots, it's best to start your own thread in this forum (e.g., '3dots vs natwest credit card') - that way, we can help you out and keep updated of your progress really quickly. xxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***