Standing Charge Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm with Powergen and we was on pre payment meters until 07/12/06...

then we changed to normal meters..... On our latest bills it said 111 days standing charge from 07/11/06 to 24/02/07....

I thought you only got charged standing charges when you had a pre payment metre, so should'nt the standing charge be for the peirod of 07/11/06 to 07/12/06 and not for the period that we have a normal meter in?

Are am i wrong?

You are 100% correct. Phone them and they will change your tariff backdating it to the 07/12/06.

Thanks for the advice, just phoned them, spoke to a really nice guy who explained it all to me, and now he's reworking the bill.

Thanks for your help.

They have refunded £1.66 to the account.....Total Standing order charges was 111 days at 18.05p from 8th november 06 to 24 february 07, yet the standing charges should only be from 8th november 06 to 7th december 07 a total of 30 days....

Am i wrong to think i should get credited with alittle more than £1.66, rang them back up and now they say i have to ring up pre payment department....

Any help on how to get this problem fixed would be very grateful as powergen seem to keep messing up.

This does seem about right, the difference between the two tariffs is standing charge but also on prepayment the PPU (price per unit) is a little less so the more you use the less difference there is, Some people actually pay less on prepay meter tarrif. Really does depend on usage and area you live in.

Oh right, well in that case i'll not phone them and get paying the bill, lol.

Thanks for your help.

Should be all plain sailing from now on, i think it just had a few hiccups whilst changing metres.