Allocation hearing, why?

lee2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im claiming just £2000 and i never expected this first, i expected just the 1 court date, anyway, do i need to go to this? Why have i got this and most others dont?

Thanks for any help

Lee

Yes you do.

Some District Judges order an Allocation Hearing to decide whether the case should be heard as a fast track.

I had one in November, and Lloyds TSB settled before.

There is no need for preperation. This is good Lee. Barclays should throw the towel in sooner.

JMHO

PS. Which Court is it? There may be more claimants on CAG in the same boat.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Hi

Im claiming just £2000 and i never expected this first, i expected just the 1 court date, anyway, do i need to go to this? Why have i got this and most others dont?

Thanks for any help

Lee

The allocation hearing is to decide whether to allocate your case to the small claims or fast track and you really should attend it. Fast track may be beneficial in bringing you an earlier settlement that is to your advantage than the small claims track. It's down to the judge reviewing your claim. Which county court is dealing with your claim?

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

I found 5 other CAGers attending my Allocation Hearing.

Apart from one claimant against Citi-Cards, we were all settled, Barclays included.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

Thanks for your swift replies, this all seems abit daunting at times.

My claim is being heard at southend county court.

Dont i need to take anything then as i have been reading a post at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

And i was worrying about all this extra paperwork i thought i needed to do

Lee

Thanks for your swift replies, this all seems abit daunting at times.

My claim is being heard at southend county court.

Dont i need to take anything then as i have been reading a post at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

And i was worrying about all this extra paperwork i thought i needed to do

Lee

Thanks, I wonder if the judge at Southend is using this technique to hasten claims through, perhaps other members might have experience?

Although you don't need to bring the full bundle with you make sure you know your case inside-out. If you can assist the judge and answer any questions that he/she has that will make a very good impression, and that always helps :)

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Also how can i find out about what other cag users might be going then?

Stick a post in the general forum entitled 'Any other CAGers going to allocation hearing at Southend on [date]' and see who replies!

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Also how can i find out about what other cag users might be going then?

you wont be going to court sorry :) barclays will settle. they are inundated at the moment no surprise there :D :D . ive a claim due to be heard in april. they are settling with me tomorrow or early next week. and no this isnt my first claim had a few say 10 or more and i havent been to court yet. :Cry: you will be fine :)

you wont be going to court sorry :) barclays will settle. they are inundated at the moment no surprise there :D :D . ive a claim due to be heard in april. they are settling with me tomorrow or early next week. and no this isnt my first claim had a few say 10 or more and i havent been to court yet. :Cry: you will be fine :)

Well, there have been allocation hearings held that other CAG members have attended but I do hope that you're right ;)

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Thanks alot for all your replies, you've put my mind at rest and i feel more confident about doing a couple of other claims now. They drag it out so long it puts doubt in your mind that you've done something wrong.

Id of thought they would want to settle earlier, the money it must cost them at the moment for administration must be alot and the majority of the time they have to pay out anyway, plus if they paid up quicker they might please there customers a bit.

plus if they paid up quicker they might please there customers a bit.

Don't think that's on their agenda:rolleyes: Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Here you go Lee, if you have any other questions you can go and ask on this users thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/28977-stan1-lloyds-tsb.html

He's just had an allocation hearing and he's very helpful.

Remember to take the small claims track arguements and the draft order, etc. with you.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just remember Lee, your there to argue which track should hear your claim, nothing else.

I doubt you'll even go.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

here

here

here

here

I know this sounds a silly question, but what is there for me to know about my case other than how much im claiming?

Also do i add the mcol payment and court payment to my claim as well now?

Thanks

Lee

I know this sounds a silly question, but what is there for me to know about my case other than how much im claiming?

Also do i add the mcol payment and court payment to my claim as well now?

Thanks

Lee

Just make sure you know the exact basis of your claim and that the case is a question of fact, not of law, so there is no need to allow time for lengthy legal argument - e.g. what you're saying is it's suitable for small claims and doesn't need to be on the fast track.

The court fees are added automatically to your claim, so you don't need to add anything.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!