Question on Voluntary Termination

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a vehicle finance agreement out with welcome car finance robbers in october 2005, needed a car and nobody else would touch me unfortunately.

I still have the same car and have almost paid off half of the total debt. I believe i have the option of handing back the goods and terminating the agreement.

I am now in a much better financial position and am looking to purchase another car(a diesel) as my daily commute has now changed and this car is costing me too much to run. I wont be looking for credit on the new car so that isnt a worry.

If i hand the car back will this have an adverse effect on my now improving credit record? I still have one other account running with perfect monthly payments(Have never missed any payments on this account either).

Also how do i go about handing the vehicle back, and what can i do to ensure they dont try and say the vehicle is in poor condition(which it isnt, but it is 9 years old now so isnt perfect) and therefore charge me x amount for this.

Hi

I also went down this path with w...... (carnt even type it)lol

After doing every thing i needed to do regarding returning the car i was disgusted to recieve a letter saying i still owed over £1000, I read the small print over and over again and couldnt see why i had to pay, i rang w...... and asked if some one could explain why i owed money, they couldnt tell me :-x after months of phone calls and letters i found out the problem i had taken out optional insurance when getting the car and this is where the money came from..

Also there were marks on the car when we got it and a missing key but they had the bare faced cheek to say i owed £170 for repairs:eek: i consulted my solicitor and he said shouldnt pay it and when they demand it simply say "i can swear on the bible in a court of law that them faults where there when i got the car".

I was shocked to discover that they planned to bill me for the repairs when in fact the car ends up at auction!!!!!

I could go on for another hour or so lol but i wont all im saying is dont be surprised if you have further probs....

life is like a box of chocolates!! ya never know wot ya going to get!!!