Barclays & Woolwich

Redragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New to all this, :confused: sorry, but hope someone can help? I have concerns even to start looking what charges I may be owed, worried that Barclays will close my account??? My other account is with the Woolwich, so if I only hve a dispute with my Barclay account could they close my Woolwich one too???:-|

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm getting carried away with all the posts and haven't been able to find anything?

Thanks for your attention?

New to all this, :confused: sorry, but hope someone can help? I have concerns even to start looking what charges I may be owed, worried that Barclays will close my account??? My other account is with the Woolwich, so if I only hve a dispute with my Barclay account could they close my Woolwich one too???:-|

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I'm getting carried away with all the posts and haven't been able to find anything?

Thanks for your attention?

Hi reddragon, and welcome. It's not unusual to feel a bit overwhelmed by all the information. I'm presuming you've already read the faqs, but this is a good link in it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/23848-introduction-bank-charges.html

You need to consider the possibility of opening a 'parachute account' - a back up account just in case the bank threatens or does close your account. They shouldn't do this, as it is retaliatory action, but they have been known to on some occasions. I have personally successfully claimed against Barclays, Barclaycard and Halifax, and none of them has closed my accounts. It is a risk you have to take, which is why opening a back up account is recommended if you're concerned. As for your Woolwich account, I really can't see why they would close that in relation to your Barclays claim, as technically they are separate entities so to speak.

Don't let the fear of account closure prevent you from reclaiming what's rightfully yours. Don't get mad, get even as I say!

If you need anymore help, just post on this thread as you go along....

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yep, go for it

and dont worry about the [implied] threat of A/Cclosure either.

A&L were fined a few weeks ago for doing just that, i doubt any bank will now tread this line.

we are all with you.

dx100uk:!:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank folks, think I will open an account elsewhere first, just had a letter from Woolwich today, it says my account with them will now be switching to a Barclays account, and yes if I now wish to use this account I must refer to my Barclays branch.............it seems my local Woolwich is closing:confused: :-|