natwest v shelbel1

shelbel1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be best to send details again anyway just so they can't argue anything in court, like they asked for info and didn't get it. It won't impact your timescale at all and it's best to make sure they have absolutely no reason to say you didn't provide information.

• Haha 1

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me on this. my original "poc" was for estimated charges without interest. i sent the basic letter originally from bbc website - this didnt detail every charge one by one and dates etc .

so do you think i've done it all wrong and what do i do now??

PLEASE HELP

Dear Sir/Madam

REGARDING MY ACCOUNT:- xxxxxx SORT CODE:- xxxxxDue to recent media coverage on bank charges I now believe that you-natwest have been charging me charges that are contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations1999. Schedule 2 (e) of the said regulations gives a non complete list of terms, which may be regarded as unfair, such as a term that requires me as a consumer who fails in his obligation, to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation.

I believe that your charges are disproportionately high and therefore they are contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Regulations 1999. In addition I believe that your charges are a Penalty. Penalty charges are irrecoverable at comon law. The precedent for this was Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor co Ltd [1915] AC 79 along with Murray v Leisure play [2005] EWCA Civ 963. It was held that a contractual party can only recover damages for an actual loss or liquidated losses. It is clear that your charges do not reflect any actual and or real loss.

I currently have my bank statements for the last 12 months the charges during this period come to a total of £xxxxx Therefore I have estimated that over the last six years the total amount of charges you have applied to my account is £xxxx. Consequently I require you to refund me a total of £xxxx, representing the total, unlawful amount charged during the last six years. If you disagree with this amount please supply me a copy of all the charges applied to my account dating back six years within the next seven days.

I hereby give you 14 days to refund all the charges dating back six years on to my account, plus provide evidence that this is the total amount. For the avoidance of doubt, if this is not done within 14 days, I will commence legal proceedings without further warning. This action will inevitably involve you paying additional costs.

I also hereby request a detailed report of which clause in your terms and conditions each charge has been applied against.

Yours sincerely

i havent claimed interest as i thought they would settle easier-so do i have to reply to them with more dates/amounts etc????PLEASE HELP I'm really worried i've done it all wrong

Did you not ask for all statements on the account by doing a SAR so you could claim the correct amounts? Calm down I will help, just getting background info at the moment.

No, you are making a mistake in doing it that way if your estimate is way out. Please spend some time going through the statements and check the amount. You may have to amend the claim, and if you have any further questions on what charges mean, or are, post on here.

you need to contact the courts, and amend the claim but it will cost you £35 which you cannot claim. You need to make a schedule of charges, so Charge amount and date. How far out on it are you? Are you up or down on the estimate?

For your schedule of charges use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

and guide here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

ok nattie , i've just sent this lba as my poc as i thought this was enough info,i do know the charges are not way out though. how do i amend my claim , do i do it by contacting the courts or cobbetts? do i need a specific form or just in the form of a letter?

I assume you had to use an n1 form for this and not MCOL?

Do as Nattie says and amend your POC on a N244 - you need to pay £35 fee and unfortuneately this is not reclaimable.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

gizmo i will do this monday morning 1st thing at the court- do they send a copy to cobbetts or do i need to do that also?

p.s you are all so brilliant, i'm feeling so much better and hopefully will get everything back on track now with all your advice

when i open the schedule of charges ss do i fill it in with my details and then it will calculate the interest for me

See here for visual guide

Maisielou v Barclays - SETTLED!!

You can download N244 here:

Form N244 - application notice

With regard to the N244 -

Top left hand box:

1. Tick c), without a hearing

Leave the rest blank

Part A

intend to apply for an order that:

amends my particulars of claim

because:

my schedule of charges in my particulars of claim did not state the true total of my claim

Part B

Tick evidence in part c

Part C

Please find attached to this application my proposed new particulars of claim, amended to include an amended schedule of the amount claimed in respect of penalty charges levied by the defendant"

Send N244 + 3 N1 + 3 schedules + £35 fee to the court. They will send 2 back, 1 of which you serve/send to the defendants and confirm to the court that you have done so.

N1 PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant [has] [had] an account (XXXX Account No) with the Defendant which was opened on or around Date [and closed on or around date]

2. During the period in which the Account [has been] [was] operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Alternatively, if the charges are a fee for a service, then they must be reasonable under S.15 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

6. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £XXXX and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% as set out on the attached list of charges - £xxx [enter interest total at date of claim] continuing at 8% until judgement or settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there

just wondering as i now have court date of 27/04/07. have just started to look through all the paperwork everyone has talkked about on this site.

do i need to print absolutely everything 3x as i dont even understand half of it and it all looks like gobbldy gook to me! i wouldnt even know what i was to talk about if i had to go into court with all that.

please help

hi there

just wondering as i now have court date of 27/04/07. have just started to look through all the paperwork everyone has talkked about on this site.

do i need to print absolutely everything 3x as i dont even understand half of it and it all looks like gobbldy gook to me! i wouldnt even know what i was to talk about if i had to go into court with all that.

please help

Highly unlikely you will need to this - if they staill ahven't settled by say 3rd week of March then reconsider what you will need.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.