• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol, think PPPMANs suggestion is probs best for anybody new who fancies reading the thread. Sorry, 107 pages and Im still only at the court telephone conference with cobblers and court stage, on 5th June. Lol. Soz peepies, but we do like to have a chat on this thread. Lol xxxx

Posting letter from Cobbets received today, in five mins, just off to take possession of new tortoise. Elvis. Hes on his way, will be here in five. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Giant Galapagos Tortoise, but hes still only small and 7 years old. So plenty of growing time. Lol xxx

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okies, Im fuming now. Said current girl, tortoise owner, has given backword once again. Just rung to say she now cant bear to part with him, Im livid. My son has been so excited looking forward to owning new tortoise because she was bored of him and no longer wanted him and now the poor little kid is laid on the sofa in the living room crying his eyes out and gutted because shes decided she now doesnt want to let him go at the last bloody minute. Im fuming. How can she do this to a child.......... doesnt she realise this was going to be his new little world, hes devastated. And nothing I can do can console him. Im absolutely fuming beyond belief....................... what the heck can I do. Diddly nowt......... so we are now tortoiseless with no prospect of getting something quickly to stop him crying and being gutted at the prospect of now, no pet in the immediate future for his birthday............ Its just wrong that people mess you about like this.

Okies, back to business on the subject of the Cobbetts.

Received this letter today, from snotty paralegal dealing with this.

Dear Mrs Weather,

Claim No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

We refer to the above matter and your e mail corresponce of 26th April 2007, the content of which is noted.

We have asked that you join your husband, Mr XXX Weather, as party to the proceedings. Our concern which has led us to make this request, is that your husband may have no knowledge of your claim. We do appreciate that your account is a joint one and that you have the right to act on behalf of your husband in relation to that account. However, we reiterate the fact that without your husbands consent, he will not be bound by any determination of the above claim.

We respectfully request that your husband provides us with his written authority for you to act as a sole claimant on his behalf and that he accepts to be bound by any compromise or judgement. Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely

XXXXXX

Cobblers.

Now I know I just get hubby to sign letter saying he agrees to me making this claim, and acting on behalf of us both, but Im just miffed that they need this.................surely the mere fact the account is an either or sign for should be sufficient. Just a delaying tactic me thinks.........

Hummmmmmmmmmm, bl**dy cobblers.

xxx

If they want to play silly buggers, so can you:

Dear Sir,

Claim No: XXXX

I write in reply to your letter of xx/xx/xx, requesting that my husband join me as party to the above claim.

I am perfectly willing to accede to your request, since my husband is fully aware and is in full agreement of the claim. I would be happy to make an application to amend my claim.

However since this is not required, as stated in Civil Procedure Rule 19.6, but is solely at your request, I think it entirely reasonable that the cost of the application, together with the associated administrative costs, is born by yourselves.

I therefore look forward to receiving a cheque for £35, plus £10 administration.

In the meantime my claim will proceed as filed.

Yours sincerely,

OMG Michael Browne, Im sooooooooooooooo in lurrrrrv with your gift for words........... this is ace.......... Im soooooooo loving the letter above. Its fabbo, just the sort of S*d off right back at em. Crikey Michael, where do you get these from. Are they worded solely by you or do you have a secret stash of *rsey S*d off letters when dealing with these banks. I love this letter I really do. ONCE AGAIN, thank you so much. Cant wait to fingers to keyboard on this one now........................ its letters like this that make the process worthwhile............... so funny, and antagonising to the Cobblers too which, you all know me well by now, is what I love most...................... causing a stir to those in officialdom. Ha Ha Ha, Im PMSL at this.

Michael I want to marry your wordy brain. Lol Lol Lol xxxxxxx Thank you so much.............. Fendy xxxx

Ditto, Enaid. Once you've made your mind up that a new home is required, you MUST stick to that decision.

I have a feeling your pending story is going to be along those lines too. And Mrs Seahorsey's Sultan had a new home to go to as well about 4 years ago, heartbreaking though the decision was.

I really wish there was something we could all do to help Fendy. For better or worse, your pain is our pain. :(

My pain is that the poor torty has an owner who obviously really not that bothered about it to firstly be bored with it, and then offer it to two different people on the same day, then to come back asking for money, so I agree, and then to pull the rug out again from under little 9 year olds feet. Hes absolutely gutted. He will get over it I know, but we'd even been to the shop and stocked up on tortoise pellete, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce etc. etc. Ah well, NVM, plenty of veggies to see the rest of the week out with. We will all be very healthy. Not sure what to do with the pellets though. Lol. Will give em away to somebody with torty......... Lol xxx

Have tried to console him with promise of new animal instead, all of his own so weve spent the last hour surfing the net for info on different animals and how to keep em etc. etc. I think hes settling on a guinea pig, will just have to keep it out of way of dowgeeee though. Dont want shredded iccle piggy in dowgeeeees belly. Lol xxxx And hubby brough home nice big bag of STARBURST sweeties for iccle boy to try n cheer him up................... aaaaaw you guys are all softeees deep down when it counts. Lol xxx Thanks for the kind words for meee little laddee, but its awful being a parent isnt it. You feel their pain and you want to have it for them, to take it away somehow and you just cant................ I know we cant wrap them in cotton wool, but its so painful seeing the little tears come dripping down the face and off the end of the chin. My heart just bleeds for him. Hes so hurt.................. okies, hes perking up a bit, half the bag of Starburst gone, so I think hes on the mend. As I said, off guinea pig hunting at the weekend. Will help take my mind of being cross at the Cobblers for being *rsey again. Lol. xxx When will they ever learn........................ the stupidity, intimidation and delaying tactics just dont work............ oh well, at least theyr'e earning their money for this one from Nutty West. Lol xxxxx I just love the letter above that Michael Browne has done for me. Its hilarious.......... would absolutely pay good money to be a fly on the wall in their offices when they open some of the letters. They must be ticked off, they must think, CRIPES, HORRIBLE WOMAN, SHES NOT UP FOR THE INTIMIDATION THEN, HECK, HAVE TO THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE NOW. Im sure what they actually think of me is unprintable on here,, but that was the softer version. Lol xxxx

So all potential new names required for said two new guinea pigs coming home to live with us at weekend. Just got to find two that seem to get along. Lol xxxx Little boy is perking up at the thought of still having his own pets by the weekend. Cripes the things I get myself into........

Thanks Enaid and Seahorsey, my virtual buds. Your kind words, help calm me down. I feel like squeezing the girls neck concerned, very tightly, or am I confusing that with the Cobblers. Lol xxx

Fendy xxxxxx Thanks for the words, they mean a lot, and my little ladee has read them and thinks you are all very precious. He said "they must be precious people to like me when they dont know me mum", lol.......... awwww, think he means special not precious. Lol xxx

I do hope your lad grows up a bit brighter than mine, his dad just said put the kettle on while your in the kitchen, so he did, but some how he forgot to put the water in first. JEEEEEEEEEEEEz

Get him riding lessons Fendy. There used to be a place over Ilkley way as I seem to remember. And if the big bugger isn't yours, nobody has to do the hard work like shovelling sh1t, brushing and cleaning and feeding. There's usually wee girlies only too willing to do all that nonsense for you. :)

Although there's nothing to beat pouring your heart out to your bestest equine pal when it seems like the whole world is propped up on your shoulders. Horseys never get judgemental. God knew what he was doing alright when he invented them.

Both kids actually had riding lessons about 2 years ago. The pair of em used to go, and it was pricey,, i.e. a tenner each for an hour, but the problem arose, because then little lad wanted to join football club, another fiver a week, and daughter wanted SAXophone lessons,, and electric guitar lessons, that was another £36 per month for each one, and little lad also went for guitar lessons and joined cricket club so before we knew it were were paying out 3 x £36 per month, £80 per month on horsey lessons for both, £20 per month on footy club, and little lad also then joined a book club buying about £20 worth of books every month, and as you can see seahorsey, it got bloody expensive. Around £220 a month just on kiddie lessons for different things. Something had to give.................. I was only working part time, not like when I worked full time and seemed to have a bottomless pit, suddenly every little thing counts and something had to give. Sadly, it was the horsey lessons and Saxophone lessons, but the kids love horses.............. moreso than me. I think they are beautiful but Im very very wary of them since being thrown as a kid. I do think some are very temperamental. My little sister had a pony when were were kids, named Peppercorn, and he was lovely but a little red coloured pony with a right temper on him, and she never rode him, got bored of him etc. etc. and he just got fat in the field we owned, and ever since then, I thought, I would never let my kids have a horse, purely because I know they love them, but I know the things they like come in waves and they wouldnt have the dedication to go and muck out horsey or ride it in winter when its cold, so I had visions of chubby little pony sat in field doing nothing all winter, hence why I thought the horsey riding lessons were the best to be dispensed with first when I went part time...................... They do still go from time to time, but not as a general rule every week. Tis flipping expensive these days this horse riding mullarky............... Lol xxxx But I think they are truly beautiful creatures. So noble and graceful and utterly gorgeous to look at. Lovely eyes.....................xx I got a thing about eyes on people. I always think you can tell a million things about a persons eyes................ just me, Im potty. Like you all didnt know that already. xxx

Nattie and Parky for the guinea pigs. laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

Eye, Eye. shocked.gif Fends.

POSTEE 1,500

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I like that, mine were called Molly and Martha, thing is with Guinea pigs they don't like being alone, so if you lose one you feel obliged to get another one, for the other ones sake and so on and on and on. They are lovely though they talk to you as well. Fendy there are loads in the rescue centres near us, so i bet that applys around your neck of the woods too.

you know fendy i took the kids to a local farm over the half term holidays and they had small animals for sale there loads of them! if id have got a cage waiting at home i wouldve had a couple! i hate it when the kids are sad,u just want to cry too ! and that flipping tortoise owner needs shooting! how could she do that to a poor boy!? i cant stand people like that with no feelings!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Guinea pigs are really handy for cleaning the drains. You tie them to a stick and wiggle them about down the drain. Guaranteed to clear any blockage.laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Ooooh will have to find out then. Thats tomorrow mission as its my day off. l love not working Fridays,,,,,,,,,,,, its bliss. I get so much done. Right gonna ring round tomorrow to find local rescue centre for guinillly piggilys.

And names, I deffo think parky and Nattie are contenders. Lol, Nattie in particular is v. appropriate dontcha think being a iccle piggy himself. Lol, and Parky, well guinnilly piggies kind of look a bit like a parky dont they. Lol xxxx thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming. xx

PARKY CONGRATS ON THE 1500TH POST MATE. SEE, YOU CAN CAL TOO MY MAN. LOL XXX AND YOU SAY IM A CHATTERBOX, CHECK YOURSELF, LOOK WHOSE TALKING. LOL XXXF

Parky, no more naughty posts like one. Hubby is grunting like a piggie with laughter at that one at the mo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, guinea pigs on sticks are not drain cleaners.................. thats animule abuse mate. Lol xxxxx funny thought bursting into bubble in head though.................... Hubby reckons ur funny........... big time............. thats his kind of humour, lol. xxx Archer I could have rung the girls neck I really could, all this messing about over a torty for three days. Silly woman................ poor torty I feel sorry for, not being loved much............. Enaid, cool guinea pig names, lol lol................. I kind of think like that too always ending up with names that go together in pairs. Lol. Like my kids, Lauren and Liam, Lol xxxx it was an accident honest.......... not intentional.

Tell hubby tortys make great discuses. You know, like in the Olympics. laughing-smiley-014.gif

parkvale fendy will have ur head!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

OI YEE LOT. PARKY, NO ANIMULE ABUSE ON MY THREAD. I love the iccle animules................ although hubby is nearly wettiing himself............xxx thats him, not me............. im not laughing, .............. well, much, lol xxxx

Okies, morning peepies. Just posted my snotty reply back to Cobblers about the fact they want hubby adding to claim. Basically put what the lovely Mr. Michael Browne said to put, copied court in on Cobblers letter and my reply, and send recorded. They should have it tomorrow. And because I couldnt resist, I also e mailed a copy of the letter to the lady at Cobblers dealing with my claim, a so called, paralegal. I wonder at what point they are gonna decide its not worth turning up for the phone conference. Also just rung Keighley courts to ensure I dont need to submit any other papers, files, documents, letters anything at all pertaining to my claim, prior to the telephone conference on 5th June. In the words of the lady at the court offices "the judges are getting really fed up with these claims taking up valuable court space, so no dear, you dont need to submit anything else. I would imagine the hearing will only take 2 minutes, and Im pretty sure as the judges here have already been doing, that they will be asking for disclosure from the defence during the phone conference, so I think you can safely say its just a matter of time dear............... aaaaaaw she sounded lovely but incredibly harassed the poor lady................., so I just wanted to be sure that the judge doesnt need anything else from me prior to the telephone hearing on 5th June. Shall just sit back and wait now and see if Cobblers try any other intimidation letters. Lol........ Cobblers if youre reading, try all ya like, Im not going away.................. Postie not been yet. Garden centre just dropped off my lovely new green turf for back garden, poor driver dropped the pallet of the back of the wagen, pallet smashed, turf rolls all over the road, he apologised sincerely, I turned my back to go in and get gloves, wellies and overalls to help pick it all up. Came back out and he'd b*ggered off. Typical......................... NVM, all geared up for the shifting so its just taken me about 40 minutes to pick up all the rolls in the road (blocked half the road on my side of the street) cars had to drive round the turf mound, lol, but have managed to stack them all up neatly on the drive with no damage done. Phew........... thats my workout for today completed........... Hubbys gone potty about it on phone so decided I shouldnt have told him. Hes gonna ring up garden centre and complain. To be honest I cant be bothered with the hassle. The turf is now neatly stacked ready to be laid this evening, and I cant be bothered getting driver in to trouble. Im sure he has a heavy schedule to complete hence why he probs b*ggered off, so I think he should just let sleeping dogs lie on that one............... Ah well, up for a bit of fun with the cobblers, hope theres some other form of literal b*llocks in the post from them again today. I love this intimidatory tennis by mail. Its ace............ gets the adrenaline flowing. Lol xxxxxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks