• Tweets

• Hi, I have found this group very helpful hence I am here seeking help and advice.   I got myself into a situation where I have now more than £50k in unsecured debts (personal loans & credit cards) and things are now getting out of control as I am struggling to make payments. This is purely my own created situation and I am taking 100% responsibility for it. I am keen to get out of this situation as soon as possible hence I would appreciate any help and advice in this process. I am employed at the moment and don’t want to risk going into IVA or bankruptcy as this would risk losing my job. Being sole bread earner of my family, I cannot afford to lose my job. I have been trying to keep up with the payments so far and had few missed payments instances until 3/4 months ago but got caught up with missed payments somehow using my savings. All my debts are still with original lenders. However I know I am getting into same situation again shortly and won’t be able to get out of it again. I have started exploring Debt Management Plan (DMP) option through StepChange but haven’t submitted it yet. Based on budgeting, I have around £820 available to make payments to all lenders after taking care of all other essential expenses. This is definitely lot more affordable than what I am currently paying to different lenders. 1. Is DMP right option for me in current situation? 2. what are the negative consequences of availing DMP? 3. is there something else that I can do to get out of this situation? I’m determined to clear out all my debts but need bit of breathing space and time. Let me know please if you need any additional information. Thanks in advance for all your help and guidance. MM  
    • Bookmakers use betting on political events to entice new customers, and say it is growing.View the full article
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, Mrs Seahorsey is launching herself into uber businessy world full of busy businessy peepies, go Mrs. Seahorsey, go................ I sincerely wish you all the best. I hope those bags walk out of your iccle store............... yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, and flipping eck, am I famous or summat, Crusher on Ma thread, Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, I think I finally made it. Feels like Im on broadway, Lol Lol Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx ta for dropping in crusher..............I feel mega privilidged now, Lol Lol Lol, a real live dalek on mi thread..................... MEGA DOUBLE WOW.........XXX

Well, it is the sort of newish kind of ish banter ish bear garden ish. Lol Lol xxxx

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still going after the HSBC on my old vector account, sent the SAR, nothing yet, but wont give up, will wait the full amount of time, before kicking off.......... so will probs be back for much moreoooo adviceoooooo. Yaaaaaaaay x

congrats sea horse!!!!!!!!! how fantastic!

fendy how on earth did you get all that done today???well done big pat on the back!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Well done Seahorse another winner eh!

Had a quick look at mrs Seahorses sight it looks really nice, you need to get a move on though 19th June Royal Ascot there is no bigger hat day than that.

I went back to work yesterday, made me dead depressed, even more depressed than I am about the beer garden being shut for renovation.

lol enaid.!

heres to another new day.... and promises of money on the way like seahorse!

yay for us!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Morning Archer,

working again today, I don't know if I just hate it, or I am just darn right lazy.

Yep I do hope your money comes today, it's always great news, another winner.

yea i dont like working especially when i get soaked in the rain like yesterday!

seeing people win though gives the incentive to keep on going ,all this waiting gets depressing after a while and u start thinking that you're never going to get the money!

ah well got one kid off school cos its shut for a teachers funeral and one thats poorly not sure yet if she's going! itll be a long day i think with kids in the car ehile im working! specially poorly ones! i hope she feels better when i wake her up in a sec! fingers crossed!

see u all later

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Aaaaaaaaaaaw archer. Poorly squiddles.......... not good. Not a lot you can do though. I used to panic when my kids were little and I had to take a day off work, I used to get pretty stressed about it, thinking Omg, boss gonna have a field day with this one, she misses work again cos of poorly kids, but as I got older I stress less about it. I just think, at the end of the day, a job is a job, whether it be a job or a career, no matter what it pays, the family always comes first and if the boss doesnt like it, let him or her sack you, but ultimately the kids have to come first. They just do, and its not like I used to be off if they just had a mild cold or a sniffle, I only ever used to be off with them if they were really poorly and needed mum. They come first......... simple, end of lecture, Lol xxxxx Dont feel bad about work, the kids come first..................

Enaid, love the dalek cooking...... is that crusher making the pasties then, lol xxxxxxx

Day off today....................... one of em, I love meee days off. I think I would go insane without them.... just to clarify, hubby has his own business, and I did once offer that if he trained me up to be an auditor like him, I would go out to full time work and earn the crust whilst he stayed home and only worked part time and did everything that I do at home, cooking, cleaning, washing, keeping house spotless, feeding kids, planning dinners almost for a week in advance, taking care of all bills, book keeping for the house, ensuring stuff was all paid on time, etc. etc. etc. and he point blank said NO THANKS, YOU DO THAT STUFF I WILL GO TO WORK FULL TIME, lol...........xx I always think if you give em the choice that way they can never moan that you only work part time, because you gave them the option of doing the same.............. and they chose not to............. well cloud is coming in fast here in Oakies. Was lovely this morning, bright and sunny already been out with the dog for an hour after the school run, just got back, black coffee in hand, and about to tackle a pile of bills that need paying, and also digging out some info on private health plan for hubby. He needs an op on his eyes, long story...................... and hes covered on his policy but hes lost the paperwork, so I get the lovely task of digging through to find it, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, gotta book kids into dentists for check up, got to book dog into kennels for when we go away, got to book parking at airport for when we go away, got to wait in whilst more turf is delivered, yes yes, I underestimated how much we needed so ordered another 15 square metres, due today, in the rain, lol, and got to organise mother in laws mammogram check up (she had breast cancer 7 years ago and needs close observation), but all clear to date, woooo hooooo, so a lot to do today, and still want to get started on the Yorkshire Bank statements that I do have. I have a couple of years worth dating back to 1990, but Im just waiting for all the rest to plop through the door. No postie yet............... but as its about to start tipping it down Im sure postie will be grumpy today, delivering in the rain, and would be nice to have fat cheque from Cobblers, saying they cant be *rsed to go through with phone conference, but nice easy stuff like that never happen to me. Lol. Not that Im a pessimist, quite the opposite, but it would be nice to have a win without all the legwork of copying up a court bundle. Its huge, my file so far, bloody huge.......... will cost an arm and a leg in paper and print cartridges to print everything up for a bundle, so Im hoping it doesnt get that far, but quite prepared for if it does................... why the heck dont they just pay me, why go through with a conference for allocation, WHY ?? they know they are gonna have to pay me anyway so why drag it out........... I mean, my case isnt even being handled by a proper solicitor, its a bloody paralegal..................so why go through with this charade............ I just dont understand em........... pay up and have one less case on your desk would be my theory. Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxx NVM, C'est la vie.................

Morning Archer, Seahorsey, Enaid and anybody else who is about.......xxx

Morning Fendy

hope your having a good day, I really enjoy reading your threads.

Anyway, sorry to sort of hijack your thread, but no-one replied to my question yesterday, so thought I'd ask you cos you always seem dead helpful.

Basically, as its a joint a/c I'm claiming for, should I change the I in the LBA to We etc, also as i had a bogoff should I change the bit about having no response/ Does a BOGOFF even count as a response?

Sorry to be a pathetic pest. I think I'd rather be dealing with my cats and dogs and the naughty pony instead of natwest!!!

Wendy x

Hiya Wendy B,

My account is also a joint account, and you dont have to by law claim in both names. You can do it in just your name, so you can keep the I, as an I, not a we, lol xxxx

With regard to the wording for the BOGoff letter, lol, I love that phrase, just reply saying,

That as you have had no productive response from them, i.e. simply an acknowledgement then you are continuing with the claim, to LBA etc. etc. You can change the wording slightly to suit your circumstances. The letter is meant as a basis to work with. You can change words in there. Dont worry about it being precise. The only thing that needs to be precise is your spreadsheet of charges. You dont want any comeback from that not being right.

All the best, onward and upward. And yes a bogoff letter is a response, but not a response of any merit. Lol xxxxxx Best of luck, Ive been reading your own thread too. Keep at it............. keep optimistic, and keep on the ball. Dont let the timescales drag over. Make them take notice.

And crusher, Enaid was right. Lol. It was you making pasties at the oven, Lol. An extra one for me please. But no pastry, just the filling. Lol Lol xxxxx

Cheers Fendy

I have now edited my letter the first bit now says I am very disappointed at the lack of a positive response and outcome to my letter of blah blah.

I think I'll leave the rest the same.

Am having to be sneaky today as boss is in and gotta be nice to him cos needtime off today when nice British Gas man comes to mend injured tumble dryer at home. So need to watch what I'm doing on here and actually get some work done if poss! LOL

see ya

Wendy

Just had postie call. Have another time wasting useless letter from the Cobblers. Cripes are they singling me out for wind up action or what. I think they just enjoy winding me up now. It says. We acknowledge you are willing to join your husband, Mr XXXXXXXX as a party to the proceedings. As stated in our letter to you dated XXXXXXX it is satisfactory to our client that your husband provides us with his written authority for you to act as a sole claimant on his behalf and that he accepts to be bound by any compromise or judgement. Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Signed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Silly b*ggers......................... more wordy stuff. So Ive just sent e mail response to the person concerned. Copy of which below. Bl**dy numpties. Do they employ muppets or what.

****************************************************************************************************

MY RESPONSE TO THEM.

Dear MX XXXXXXXXXX

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXX May confirming that the letter I sent to you signed from my husband stating that he is happy for me to be solely handling the claim against the Natwest bank, is acceptable to your client. Personally, I dont care if the letter is acceptable or not. It remains that unless the court had instructed me to add him to the above numbered claim by way of an N244 amendment, then I would have been only too happy to do so, but with regards to whether or not your client, i.e. Natwest Bank is happy with this or not, I really do not care, nor have any concern about. It is neither your place, nor their place to request this addition. It is solely at the discretion of the judge in this case.

I sent the letter to you, purely as a courtesy, nothing else. I was under no obligation whatsoever to have done so, but as Im a courteous person, then I obliged.

To date, I have answered all points you have asked for, and yet to date, you still have not advised me that the telephone conference requested for the XXXXX June has been organised. I have chased this several times with you, both by e mail and recorded post, and to date, you have not confirmed had the same courtesy, by informing me that you have set this up. As I am having to take a day off work in order to get privacy in this matter, then I need to know if I have to book this date off or not. My employer requires at least three weeks notice if I need a day off. If there is some other compelling reason as to why you have not set this up yet, then I would be grateful if you could let me know what that is. If that date and time requested by the court is convenient then I would appreciate you getting back to me to confirm this is so, so I can advise my employer that I need the day off to take this conference call.

I also need you to know that at the final trial hearing, I will also be adding the cost of my days lost wages for taking the day off to take the call, onto my final costs that your client will have to pay at the discretion of the judge. I will be presenting my full costs for all work undertaken in this case, to the judge, and asking him/her to grant me these costs from your client also. There are many hours work undertaken in this claim by myself, and furthermore to be undertaken when preparing my court bundle, in the not too distant future, and rest assured, I will ensure a full and clear itemised breakdown together with postal receipts etc. is given to the judge to prove the time taken in this matter, together with all costs, i.e. paper, ink, postage, day off work, and time billed for all administration undertaken in this case at £9.25 per hour. There are many hours work here, with more to follow at court bundle stage.

However, if the defendent should choose to settle now and save themselves further interest accruing at a daily rate of £X.XX at 8% stat, plus all the above costs to be added at final hearing, then I would be only too happy to accept the amount already stated of £XXXXXXXXXXX and not a penny less. But failing a response to this offer in the next three days, ie. cheque for this lesser amount due, not materialising, then I will of course be seeking further costs as detailed above which will amount to a further absolute minimum of £300 but more likely in the region of £700-£900. I am still undertaking my full audit breakdown of costs incurred on this case to date, which are mounting on a daily basis. It really depends on what your client would like to do. If they wish to save further cost to themselves, then settle now for £XXXXXXX detailed above, ( but if not, then see you in court), and further costs on top will have been added for my further time and work and expenses incurred.

Thank you for your time taken to digest this e mail and for your clients thoughts in this matter.

Mrs F J Weather

CLAIMANT

c.c. Keighley County Court. (Posted first class recorded mail) todays date.

***************************************************************************************************

STICK THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT COBBLERS. Fendy xxx

And yes they have wound me up. Like I care or not if its acceptable to Natwest. THATS A BIG NOT BY THE WAY. XXXX

lol fendy i love that letter! thats a great sod off letter! they sent mea copy of their AQ today

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Lol................ Fendy, you are queen of the snotty email!!! I could definitely learn a few tricks from you!!! I'm thinking of bashing up me own in response to their total utter naffness today................ so think I'll nick a bit of your 'wit' to stick in ma email!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :p :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

sparky,fendy didnt get one either! not sure y perhaps its just different parts of the country doing it different ways? havent a clue!

ah well

hope everyones had a good day!

x

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

hope everyones had a good day!

x

Nope............. it was poo!!!!

But thank God for you lot on here............ don't know what I'd do without y'all!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Hey Hedge, send a snotty e mail or letter............. It sure makes you feel better,............ lol xxxx

Fendy xxx

And Archer/Jetspark, I didnt get an AQ. I was most disappointed............ Lol xxx

I'll bet you was disappointed.......... I can just imagine the snotty email you could have composed to go along with that one!!! Lol.......... I'd pay good money to see that one!!!! ;)

You're right though........... it don't half make you feel better when you start writing the snotty email - very empowering!!! As you said in your earlier post today - cheeky sods can shove it in their pipe and smoke it!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lol, had a busy day today Hedge, so Im signing off for now............... knackered to say the least, and work tomorrow, so will wait for the next installment from the cobblers shortly. If nothing, then next step is phone conference 5th June, and I cant wait for it now. Im sooooooooo ready to tell the judge their snotty tactics and bolshy letters, etc. etc. although Ive copied in court so they can see for themselves the intimidatory tactics. Lol.........xxxx looking forward to it now............. even though its only for directions/allocation, Im hoping for a nice judge that will see straight through them and just simply order them to pay, Lol xxxx Well, I can dream cant I. Lol xxxx Nite Nite Hedge.............. see yaz tomoz............ sorry about your poopy day......... for every poopy one, there will be a good one, Im sure....... the power of positive though. Nite hun. xxx fendy xxx of to bed, too tired to hold my head up anymore. xx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks