Ginnever & Crap 1

ginnever
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently being charged over £1, 200 in penalty charges and my balance is currently standing over £2,500.

I am thinking of paying up less the penalty charges has anyone else done this?

Or would I still have an obligation to fulfill (In otherwords would I have the lot to pay? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated

Just spoken to a Neil at Cap 1 to ask if we could agree a settlement figure. I currently owe £2885.00 on a £2400.00 card. And I have not used the card since Ju;ly 04 Last Oct my penalty charges were over a £1000.00 they offered as a goodwill gesture £418.00 which I declined. Just speaking with them now they will accept as full payment £2355.00 I said I don't think so. when charges are over a £1,000 He started to give his spiel and I was very polite in telling him I will not be settling at that figure. He says that I will incurr extra charges when it goes to a DCA and that I can't do anything about those.

Do I start all over again sending the letters requesting the charges back from Cap 1?

Ginnever,

Have you started claiming the charges back?

You need to send your S.A.R. off to Crap1, get all your statements back with the reference from them regarding manual intervention.

Assess the level of charges and any interest they've added re this.

You can then decide whether you are going to claim the charges only, with the 8% statutory interest kicking in once you start your court claim OR you go the contractual interest route which you can charge from the outset. You can not do both !!

In short they will not do a deal with you to their detriment. You need to take the initiative away from them and begin this process, if you haven't done so already.

Once you have begun you can tell them and any DCA that the account is in dispute.

There is a lot of information on this site, letter templates and FAQs, read up on the process and enjoy ............

Good luck :):):)

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

I sent off last Sept for the statments then I sent off a letter asking for the charges that I had callculated to be over a 1000 Mr. Uddy sent a letter back offering m 418.oo as a goodwill gesture. I sent one back refusing . Since then I have been receving the usual letters asking for payments and if they could help if I have difficulty paying.

I did not procceed with chasing the penalty charges due to my circumstances , however I spoke with Ca 1 this week and asked if we could agree a settlement figure, which if you read my post above you will see the response I had.

Is what I need to know now is do I have to start all over agin sending out the letters ie Prem letter - then lba letters or can I go straight to file MCOL,

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Sent a letter to them on the 1st March saying that I am disputing this account (& take no further action ie default etc. ) and that I asked for a settlement figure I haven't heard a thing, is this usual?

Received a letter from Mr. Uddy this morning, saying that we have already made you an offer and that it stands. They have also said that as they have also entered a default against me it cannot be removed. I never in my letter mentioned anything about a default . I have also just taken a laon out and I mentioned that I am in dispute with Crap 1 they said that there are no defaults on my record..........

Should I now respond with a letter before action just as a final offer....before I apply to the courts.........

same letter as i got. dont bother waiting as previous said his final offer is that. go to court. the sooner you do the quicker you will see your money

ps i never mentioned removal of a default either but got the same response as you.

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

• 1 month later...

hows this going?

and PS - if you were never served with a default notice, you can get the default removed on those grounds, or ask that they provide you a notice of the original default notice.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html