Bigyeti v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As I sent off my SAR to Yorkshire a couple of weeks back (and got an acknowledgement) I've submitted my SAR today. They should have it tomorrow.

I went through our old statements, going back to 2002 when we opened the account, and although there were a few missing, I managed to tot up £4907. Plus interest, that makes £5738.34.

With careful management, and handing back our cheque book voluntarily, we've not had any charges since 30 Sept 06.

However, we are permanently dipped into our £1000 overdraft. We do have an account lying dormant with Lloyds TSB with which to transfer everything to if they spit their dummy out and say "we're closing your account in 30 days".

Anybody know how often Halifax close an account after a payout?

Yorkshire Bank

SAR sent - 15/02/07

Fee taken - 16/02/07

Acknowledgement received - 22/02/07

Halifax

SAR sent - 26/02/07

Halifax Credit Card

SAR sent - 26/02/07

Kays catalogue #1

SAR sent - 26/02/07

Kays catalogue #2

SAR sent - 26/02/07

Hi,

I've only seen 1 thread where an account was closed by the Halifax & luckily you have your Lloyds account if they state that to you, but I think that they tend to close your account only if you go for a 2nd lot of charges...hope that helps!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the 12th March, they'd charged me £5 for the DPA fee. Today, 28 seperate envelopes containing 138 pages of statements arrived.

It came to £4980! So, prelim. letter going in the post on Monday. Incidentally, the interest is £866, so hopefully they'll not pay up until I file a court case.

Just make sure you double check the figures, as most people miss a few first time around. And even if you have only missed 1 it will make your figures in to the £5k.......:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

They've replied. Not the "here's £50 now bugger off letter". It's reads more like

"sorry you're not happy with us taking nearly £5000 off you, but we have 8 weeks to deal with the complaint. But, because we're nice people we'll keep you posted within 4 weeks. Aren't we good?"

I'll be sending off the LBA. 4 weeks my a*se.

• 3 weeks later...

I called the customer complaints people, they said they are not settling until at least their 8-week timeline is up. I said I'm filing the court claim on Monday afternoon, so they can settle before then and save over a grand in interest and fees. But he was having none of it.

I'm in town on Monday, so I'll hand in an N1 while I'm there.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning, I made a final call to Customer Services stating that, unless I hear from them by 11 o'clock that they were prepared at once to refund me all charges taken from my account, a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this user is at war with HBOS.

Received confirmation from the court today, they say the claim will be deemed served on 14 May 2007. They have until 30th May to reply.

If they do acknowledge, they have until 11 June to file a defence.

Here's hoping. :o)

Loving the "state of war" post! I do not have in my hand a piece of paper either, and will be filing N1 next Thursday. Was going to call them too but sounds like a waste of time! V for Victory! :)

bigyeti

Any idea why there is 11 days between when N1 was filed and deemed served? I thought it was usually a couple of working days after filing!

S:confused:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

We got another letter today saying that they've decided not to refund us anything. Although the letter is dated 14th May, I don't think it's a response to the court claim being served.

It also said that if I want to pursue it further, I need authorisation from my wife as it's a joint account.

Is this the case? I've not put my wife's name on the N1 form or any of the letters as transactions have never needed both signatures.

As long as you have full accsess to the account, ie can withdraw with just 1 signature, then thats all you need to claim.

It sounds like they are grasping at straws.

But if it becomes a problem, then its easy enough to get your wife to do that, so dont worry.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .