CJD v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After spending weeks reading this wonderful forum and the FAQ's I've started the journey :)

SAR was sent to Halifax on 26th January by Recorded Delivery along with £10 cheque. Royal Mail website is still showing the letter as undelivered but my bank have confirmed that the cheque was cashed on 2nd February.

I've had no contact whatsoever from Halifax - should I be worried that they've not even acknowledged my SAR? Would it be worth me sending them an e-mail/letter to chase? Do Halifax tend to wait until the 40 days are up before sending statements?

Thanks for your help :)

well my staements were with me within 2 weeks apparently there is a long wait now so expect the 40 days, there would be no harm in just contacting them to make sure your request is being dealt with ..

good luck

£3890 successfully claimed from halifax (joint acc)

still personal halifax natwest lloyds to go!!!

I phoned 08457 20 30 40 and spoke to a pleasant lady. After being kept on hold for about 20 minutes she eventually confirmed that they had received my SAR and cashed my cheque (yes, I know that!). Apparently statements were issued to me over a week ago but as I've clearly not receied them she had requested a further set be issued and that I should expect them within 7-10 days.

I reminded her that the 40 day deadline would be up on 7th March and she laughed and said that she'd make sure I had statements by then.

Sounds like they're dragging the statements out as long as possible but hopefully in the next week I should be in a position to get my highlighter pen out LOL!

Hi

I also sent SAR on the 1st Feb, they cashed my cheque on the 13th Feb but so far no response.....phoned them on 21st Feb and was told that the request hadn't even been put on my account but I would get my statement within 7 days.....have sent an email today to the Senior Customer Services lady just to inform her of what's going on as they had taken my money again but not even bothered to action my request.

Clock is ticking!!!!

Make cheque payable to Halifax PLC.

Powell2619, if you sent the SAR on 1st Feb it could be deemed recieved on 2nd, meaning they have until 14th March to get your statements to you. I know it seems cheeky that they cash the cheque in no time at all, but them's the rules.

Thanks, I'll get in touch with them today.

MR2Phil - did you receive any sort of acknowledgement from them?

:D

I had the usual response from Mr Patton saying they'd be with me in 10 days...they weren't. They arrived on 42nd day which was frustrating, but now we're playing to my tune...next Tuesday is LBA time.

I was thinking of giving them a tinkle as I've received the standard response to my Prelim, so I know they've received it. You never know...!

Hi MR2Phil

It is sooooo frustrating waiting every day for the postie to arrvie, it just annoyed me that they didn;t even have my request for the statements on file even though they had banked the cheque. I think I just read too many threads where other claimants received their statements within 7 - 10 days or had some sort of acknowledgement where I've heard nothing.

xxxxxxx

I've had no acknowledgement of SAR whatsoever. The nice lady on the phone today said that depending on who deals with it depends on whether you get an acknowledgement or not - they don't always send them out now....

Its pap anyway, all they say is they've been sent out under separate cover and they'll be with you in 10 working days...it made no bit of difference to mine, still arrived on the 42nd day. Luckily for them I was on holiday at the time, otherwise I'd have been pulling my hair out!

Hope they turn up soon.

Hi KellyDJ

I emailed customer services today just as a 'chaser' I know they've have 40 to comply it's just un-nerved me slightly that even though they banked my £10 cheque 15 days ago the request for statements was not on my account.....delaying tactics maybe???

Also I've read a couple of threads where claimants are saying that time is running out and there is a deadline to get any claims in.....looked on BBC website and other financial news sites but cannot find info on this, does anybody know if this is true???

Thanks

I've not heard that, Powell. The only thing is that an announcement is expected from the OFT where they are "expected" to say the same as they said with credit cards: that £12 is a reasonable amount. This could effectively mean that they'll only refund the difference between whatever they charged you and that £12...which will lower claims quite significantly. This is expected some time in March and could be the "deadline" thing you refer to?

My cheque was cashed LONG before I got my statements, try and be patient. The fact you've had your cheque cashed means they have your request. They WILL send you your statements. Try giving them a nudge around the 30 day mark.

In the meantime, read as MUCH as you can on this site, its fantastic reading! :D

i chased mine after 3 weeks and left a message. they called back and said they were on their way. the statements got to me just after 40 days, i dont think theyre intentionally making them late, thers a lot of us who are claiming dont forget ;)

Alleigh vs Halifax - £2213 settled :D

• 2 weeks later...

Still no statements so I'm going to give them a call this afternoon.

SAR sent 26/01/07

Cheque Cashed 02/02/07

so, if I start counting 40 days from 2 days after posting letter that gives 9th March so they're definately overdue.