Buchanan Clark and Wells someone elses letters

Whyme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received two letters today for someone else but my address, one is a Final Notice and the other is Formal Demand same name and ref no on both, I call them to say this person doesnt live here has never lived here and am given the third degree, I refuse to answer some of the questions as I dont know who the person on the letter is and I feel I am entitled to my own privacy, [am I right] anyway the woman starts shouting at me tells me I am not being co-operative and puts the phone down. What do I do. I refused to give her my name was I wrong in doing so. I have no debt so its not as if only the name was wrong and the debt was mine. I opened the first letter in error and

my hair stood on end, I live in a small community and I know there is no-one of this name in the vicinity and the electoral roll backs that up.

Send them a letter by Recorded Delivery and keep all corespondance, that they've got the wrong name.

They can of course take you to court, but if they've got the wrong details they're going to end up with BIG POOOO in their face! Counterclaim for costs/time.

The next time he/she starts yelling on the phone, say, "I'm recording this call, do you wish to continue?". Refuse to supply security details.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-162367.html

Good luck, regards, Dave.

send them letter N from here it will cost your £1

ask for a signed copy of the original agreement

odds on they have not got it!

either way you are not liable

dx100uk:rolleyes:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I received two letters today for someone else but my address, one is a Final Notice and the other is Formal Demand same name and ref no on both, I call them to say this person doesnt live here has never lived here and am given the third degree, I refuse to answer some of the questions as I dont know who the person on the letter is and I feel I am entitled to my own privacy, [am I right] anyway the woman starts shouting at me tells me I am not being co-operative and puts the phone down. What do I do. I refused to give her my name was I wrong in doing so. I have no debt so its not as if only the name was wrong and the debt was mine. I opened the first letter in error and

my hair stood on end, I live in a small community and I know there is no-one of this name in the vicinity and the electoral roll backs that up.

Put letters "for someone else", at your address, into a large padded envelope. Put covering letter in stating that this person doesn't live here

anymore. And that should they threaten you again that you will report them under the Protection From Harrassment Act 1997 and Administration of Justice Act 1970.

You could also add, "My time is valuable to me. Further to supplying a letter stating that I will not be contacted again, I will deem that you have entered into a contract with me and that you agree by means of simple contract that you agree to pay £200.00 every time you write to me, should you wish to contact me again. I do believe these are similar terms to yours."

Good luck, Regards, Dave.

Thank you for the replies, I hardly slept last night but reading these this morning has made me feel better, will copy the template send £1 and send it recorded delivery, will update any response, thank you so much. Can I ask one more question please, am I entitled to not answer questions about who I am when on the phone.

your phone! you can do/not as you like!

if you still keep getting calls,

tell them ONCE, i am not that person, they do not live here, they have never lived here.

then QUOTE THEM word for word the harrassment letter text over the phone

you do not have to answer ANYTHING they are a DCA they have NO POWERS.

dx100uk:rolleyes:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for the replies, I hardly slept last night but reading these this morning has made me feel better, will copy the template send £1 and send it recorded delivery, will update any response, thank you so much. Can I ask one more question please, am I entitled to not answer questions about who I am when on the phone.

Hey! You really need to stop losing sleep over this!

If the threats are getting to much, call the police!

This is Harrassment!

This is nothing to do with you!

Please, promise me that you'll stop letting this get the better of you!

Good Luck, regards, Dave.