British Credit Trust

finman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, here goes, a few years ago i bought a car that was above my means and cost me a furtune to run. I could not afford to keep the car as I lost my job at the time also, I defaulted the repayments and things got worse and worse. Then my car was reclaimed by the credit agency listed in the subjest stream and I still owed all the repayments plus the lost intrest. I then got back on my feet and managed to pay all thye costs back to BCT I think at the time it was £8k.

My question is am i able to reclaim any of the charges back on a vehicle loan and get the default removed from my credit file?

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

30/06/06 Money Claim 6QZ55487

You should cetainly be able to reclaim any charges that were in escess of the cost to that organisation, just as we are doing against any bank.

I.E. If they charged you £20 for sending you a letter, this is clearly disproportionate...

In order to find out what charges have been made, you should use the DPA letter in our templates library, just changing little bits to suit your needs.

As far as the removal of a default notice is concerned, this would depend upon (amongst other things) the amount of charges that were unlawfully imposed, and the amount owing when the default was issued. I would have thought it very unlikely that the default would have been issued incorrectly if the amount owing was far greater than the level of charges.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the help:)

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks