Sending In The Bailiffs -Halifax or Bank Of Scotland?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone. I am a BOS customer. Have been for the last eight years. During the last 4 years BOS stung me for £2700 unlawful charges and interest. It started off with a very small unauthorised overdraft but because of their charges, it snowballed. I issued a claim vs. HBOS plc in January this year, and have won. Actually, apart from a crummy standard letter or two from BOS droning on about customer complaints procedures (which I ignored) they did nothing. They did not bother to file either a defence, or an acknowledgement of service. I got judgement in default - entered against them 2 days ago. The judgement was for £3,168.27!!! I will now give them 14 days to pay up. If they do not, I would like to do what that Alliance and Leicester customer did recently - send the bailiffs in to my local branch. Problem is, I claimed against HBOS PLC but have always been a BOS customer. Can I send the bailiffs into my local Halifax branch in Barnet, Herts, or does it have to be a Bank of Scotland branch? I think my nearest BOS branch is the main Threadneedle Street one in London EC3. What do you think? Thanks, Maria:confused:

halifax and BOS have different banking licences and are separate legal entities but if your claim was gainst HBOS Plc then that is a different company as well. I would think you only have recourse against HBOS plc in which case its registered office is "The Mound, Edinburgh".

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Check your correspondance. What is the registered company address?

You can send baliffs in to your local branch.

The registered office is the Trinity Road Halifax one. I claimed against HBOS not HALIFAX and not BOS because that's what this website or at least everyone on the BOS forum, told me to do!

halifax and BOS have different banking licences and are separate legal entities but if your claim was gainst HBOS Plc then that is a different company as well. I would think you only have recourse against HBOS plc in which case its registered office is "The Mound, Edinburgh".

THANKS, but I am not sure you are correct. HBOS plc is registered at Trinity Road Halifax. Anyway, I am asking WHICH branch not whch R.O. mMay not have to send bailiffs in anyway.

THANKS, but I am not sure you are correct. HBOS plc is registered at Trinity Road Halifax. Anyway, I am asking WHICH branch not whch R.O. mMay not have to send bailiffs in anyway.

Marie I really can assure you that Hbos plc is registered at the mound with halifax plc registered at trinity road - google it. A large part of the media debate at the time of the BoS and Halifax merger was around where the head office and registered office would be and it was confirmed that hbos plc would be in edinburgh. I'd consequently doubt that you could send in the baliffs to one of the branches as you havent sued that company but you could send them into the offices at the mound. Good luck.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Marie I really can assure you that Hbos plc is registered at the mound with halifax plc registered at trinity road - google it. A large part of the media debate at the time of the BoS and Halifax merger was around where the head office and registered office would be and it was confirmed that hbos plc would be in edinburgh. I'd consequently doubt that you could send in the baliffs to one of the branches as you havent sued that company but you could send them into the offices at the mound. Good luck.

Ok it's not that I do not believe you BUT how can you send a bailiff in to Scotland when you issued in England under English Law and not Scottish law? Or doesn't that matter?

Hello ,just reading this thread and there seems to be some doubt where HBOS plc is located.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/68274-everlast111-bank-scotland.html?highlight=everlast111

In that thread above I asked where to send my Prelim letter ,could someone clarify if its Hbos Trinity roador Hbos on the Mound ?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hI guys - thanks for the help from hagenuk and Stornoway - although the latter scared me half to death by making me think I had sued the wrong people, ie HBOS and not BOS. Maybe I did - but I think that Stornoway credits those idiots at HBOS with too much intelligence.

I wrote to HBOS telling them I was going to instruct bailiffs. A few days later I got a call from the Legal Dept at HBOS begging me to give them more time - as their customer services people were checking the amount claimed against all the charges and if the amounts matched up the monies would be paid to us. I extended the deadline by one week. It expired today, but yesterday I got a credit into my account of more than £3000. It was for the full figure, charges, interest, court fees - everything.

:):oops::):oops:

So unfortunatley no bailiffs into the branch... but at least I got my money in full, after a judgement in default.

Regards

Mariaefg

Brilliant :D .Well done.:D Enjoy:D

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

An RBOS customer sent the bailiffs in to his local branch (the bank slipped up and didn't pay up in time) and bemused customers saw them seize PCs, fax machines and a till full of cash:

Customer sends bailiffs in to seize bank's computers | the Daily Mail>

Leon