• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claiming on a Business account? Lets join forces?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm just looking into helping a friend reclaim the charges on a barclays business account.

I now we can claim the paid referral fees, but can anyone tell me about something listed as a renewal fee? it ranges from £50 to £2000.

TIA

Hi

I'm just looking into helping a friend reclaim the charges on a barclays business account.

I now we can claim the paid referral fees, but can anyone tell me about something listed as a renewal fee? it ranges from £50 to £2000.

TIA

Think the renewal fee relates to renewal of overdraft facility in which case it isn't recoverable I'm sorry to say

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Ok thanks....

It's wild how the fee varies so much but so be it i suppose.

I think i would question those amounts.

I Know HSBC charge for arranging an overdraft & it does vary as to the amount, depending on how much the OD limit is but £2k to arrange it sounds way too much, unless they were arranging like half a million or something.

The other thing that makes me suspicious is that the charges vary from £50 to £2000. As this would at most be a yearly charge, a charge per year is all that should show, and i doubt from one year to another could vary that much. It Could be that they list it as renewal fee for renewing a informal overdraft, everytime they paid out for an item that took the balance over the pre determined limit, they charged per item.

Not sure how barclays charge, but do they supply a breakdown of charges with/before the main statement arrives ?

this usually shows what the charges are.

If you can post more about the frequence & amounts we may be able to work better, also check on barclays price lists if you can find them for that period, may say how much etc.

have you posted on barclays business forum for advise as well, as each bank is different

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi

No i haven't posted on barclays business - i couldn't seem to find it?

OK, i have 3 barclays accounts in front of me. we'll use no1 as an example if that's ok (this is the one with the least statements and seems the simplest to get my head around)? this account has 10 unpaid out charges specified ranging from Oct 03 - May 07.

There is also a charge for overdraft lending fee of 130 (not sure if this is recoverable?)

The renewal fees are as follows:

02/02/07 50.00

28/11/06 100.00

27/03/05 50.00

17/03/05 50.00

10/01/05 130.00

There is a note on the statement in 2003 saying

please note that from dec 2003 the account control fee (charged on each occasion an account exceeds an agreed overdraft limit or goes overdrawn by more than £100 without agreement) will be renamed the paid referral fee.

Now reading this, right at the beginning - when the account was opened - the commission charges were broken down and i now see that one paid in september included 5 a/c control fees of £12 - so i am assuming this is reclaimable and they've hidden the rest of the costs this way??

One commission charges for example includes:

Comission charges 5/06 - 1/096

auto entries [email protected]

standard entries [email protected]

maintenance fee 7.50

a/c control fee @ 12.00

There are also commission charges - not broken down - but i am told these are not reclaimable?

Appreciate any help / advice you can offer - thanks

I think

£130 overdraft lending fee sounds like a charge,as do all the others, else why 2 charges £50 on same day

To check this, look at the actual statements and see if at the time the charge would have been activated, was the account enough overdrawn to trigger the charge.

Maintenace fee is prob £2.50 per month account running charge.

STD & Auto fees. Charge for each cheque DD & SO on the account.

AC control fee, unlawfull charge

5 x AC control fees. unlawfull

Commision charges are either a % of each transaction or individual charges per cheque DD SO & credit for running business account and are not reclaimable as they are running costs.

Basically look for any charges that are not maintenance & commision charges.

At worst if you were to claim a charge IE 'overdraft lending fee' that was actually for setting up an overdraft on the account, they would soon let you know it was incorrect, same as if any charge has actually been refunded for any reason, they soon tell you. Of course they dont do that IF you miss one LOL

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Thanks Cellicaman,

I'll stick the £130 in and see what goes.

The 5 x a/c control fees were listed under a break down of commission charges - am i ok to claim these? they were the only comission charges that were itemised - after this it just says comission charges and i'm bothered that they're hiding more a/c control fees in there?

Is there any way i can request this information? or do i just go with everything else. Really appreciate your help - thank you :)

I'm at the final stage and before going down the court route I've been doing a fair amount of reading and I wonder if anyone can help with terms and conditions to LLoyds business account Oct 2000 I have looked on the T&C link but can't find the information. I have asked LLoyds for it but they sent me through a business application pack (like I need one of those). I am also unsure as to what the court bundle will involve and I am reluctant to comit myself to a court date if I don't have all the information available to me. Also as a signatory on my husbands account can I go to court instead of him?? All advice gratefully received.

Ermie :confused:

Ermie, , i think yes you can go for him as Sig on the account, in any case he could sign forms & you could be representative so ok.

Bundle is not difficult, just a lot of printing & photocopying, you will get lots of help on here and there are bundle kits.

Have a look on here for info on bundles and post your questions ref that on there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-new-post.html

Most likely thing is that you will have to send bundle and you will not see a court so dont worry.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Thanks Celicaman, what about T&C, this is my biggest concern as I don't have them and I have just had a second trip to my branch at LLoyds to ask for them and funnily enough there was no-one in the business sector as they were all at a meeting they have taken all my details and will send something through. I'll believe that when I see it.

Ermie :)

Thanks Celicaman, what about T&C, this is my biggest concern as I don't have them and I have just had a second trip to my branch at LLoyds to ask for them and funnily enough there was no-one in the business sector as they were all at a meeting they have taken all my details and will send something through. I'll believe that when I see it.

Ermie :)

Hi Ermie, all my claims with HSBC, but im sure somebody in the Lloyds forums will have them. All you will get from bank is latest T & C, so dont hold breath.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Hi there, I am also claiming on a business account but am very unsure of what I can and cannot include in the bundle. I also have no terms and conditions for the business account. Could someone please help?

Tina

Tina, It would help immensly if you start your own thread in the forum of your own bank, that way we could see what & how you are claiming and it keeps it altogether so peeps can advise better as they know your story.

We cannot tell which bank you are claiming from or whether you are claiming CI or OD interest on charges so it is impossible to advise fully on what you need for your bundle.

You will get loads of help on here and other forums, but you have to help us first.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Just subscribing

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Hi I'm trying to get T&C for LLoyds business account Oct 2000 I have looked all over various sights to no avail can someone point me in the right direction??? Desperate to go onto court stage but am reluctant to do so without T&C.

Hi I'm trying to get T&C for LLoyds business account Oct 2000 I have looked all over various sights to no avail can someone point me in the right direction??? Desperate to go onto court stage but am reluctant to do so without T&C.

How far back have you managed to get them

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

I can give you 1998 ?

i've sent them into the CAG library anyhow, so you can download them there anyhow.

Might not be 2000, but it does provide evidence of changes in T&C's, and so helps with limitations arguments,

See if you can download from CAG library, otherwise PM me, and I'll send to you.

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi,

i am starting a claim against Lloyds Business Bank. Sent my first letter to which i got the follwoing rely:

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers dont have have enough in their accounts to cober a payment this always means extra work-and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by increasing an overdraft or tell customers we cant agree it. We feel its fair to charge for this service.

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed limit, you're welcome to see if ther's anything we can do.

You might be interested to know that the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) published new guidelines on credit card default charges in April 2006. We, along with other banks have been talking through those guidelines with the OFT since then as they are about "default" charges that people pay when they break the agreement with us. Those guidelines do not apply to your service charges-they are not default charges as you havent broken your agreement with us. The OFT has recently announced that it recognises taht applying the general principles it set out in 2006 to current accounts is not straightforward and that a more detailed examination is needed.

We should also point out that the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 and the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations which the OFT mentions dont apply to you as you're a business custoner and these acts and regulations only apply to consumers.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible-and why i cant agree to refund or cancel your charges.

In case you're worried about what information we share with credit agencies, i would like to reassure you that we only share what is known as white data, which is information about paymnets to your credit card, loan or mortgage accounts. We dont share details of bank charges.

I hope this fully answers your points raised with us. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. If we cannot come to an agreement, I will provide your details to the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independantly.

Yours Sincerely

Sarah Brookes

What do i do now? She mentioned unfair contracts Terms Act 1977 and the consumer contracts regulations dont apply, but i sent the template from the business account template letters?

I have sent a letter before action out.....already was that the right thing to do? Please let me know.

Thank you

Celicaman & Photoman thanks for replies. I have no T&C yet, my account was opened in Oct 2000 am I right in thinking that I need T&C for every year? I will have a look in the library but I seem unable to find any at all. I think I must be looking in the wrong place. I am going to try my branch again. I'm hoping if I annoy them too much they will just give them to me so I go away. I had a look on Lloyds web site but could not find them. My computer keeps disconnecting as well which is not making this very easy.

Ermie :(

It's a standard template response.

They are correct that Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (UTCCR) don't apply....... BUT wrong that Unfair Contract Terms Act (UCTA).

No matter, just proceed as the schedule you have set, and prepare your POC's on your actual claim with care. There are plenty of posts and advice on this thread, and even some sample POC's.

Good luck

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi Guys.

Re your T&C's you can find all you will ever need in CAG Wiki; this site is obviously very new and I did find it difficult to navigate - but it is GREAT; all the stuff you will ever need. You may like to search for 'legal information' and have a look at recent changes on the left

Hope this helps

PS It also has all the legal stuff you need for businesses

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON