Natto Vs. Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading up on this for a while and sent my SAR on the 30th Jan. They cashed my £10 cheque on the 8th Feb and still no statements so I called the 01422 333880 number and spoke to a really nice chap!

Turns out they're a little busy in the statements team (shame :rolleyes: ) so the sweetheart took my details and phoned me back within 15 mins to tell me that the charges between Mar 03 and May 06 amount to £1,492!:o He also said he'd worked out the interest to be a further £353.93.

What a nice guy! He's sending me the printout so I should get that in a day or so (he was addressing the envelope while he chatted to me!).

...he also found me my old credit card number - the main reason why my account got so screwed up - so I'll be contacting them now too.:D

Watch this space...

Nat

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I have a question...

I was going to wait until the actual bank statements arrived before I sent off my first letter but that nice chap actually did post me out the list as he said he would.

I'm confused on one point though (before the letter goes in the post today) - I know the 8% interest on the charges only kicks in when you take them to court and so I shouldn't claim it from the start...

...but - I can claim the overdraft interest on the charges taken, can't I? :oops:

...and if I can, how do I work this out? :confused:

I've downloaded the spreadsheet for doing it but have no idea what Halifax were charging in overdraft interest rates from the 1st March 2003 to the 9th May 2006!

Help anyone???

Many thanks!