• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

matt v lloyds ****WON!!!****

mattyb13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,I really want to get my bundle finished off tonight as it has to be in soon. I have a few questions and would be very very grateful if anyone can help.

firstly, should I include the Austalian report in my bundle? If so what do I need to add to my witness statement??

2, If I include the Australian report do I need to include the scottish report??

3, Do I need to print of the whole of the analisys of the unfair terms schedule 2 or just certain pages??

4, does anyone have the link for the early day motion from the house of parliment??

5, Do I include the information that mistermind gave about charges only being about £3 in Dublin?? This to me seems like a good argument against lloyds in particular as even if they are fees rather than penalties this surely proves they are dispropotionate. Also if I do add this to my bundle,again how do I include this in my witness statement. I dont want to mess it up by saying that they are fees??

Thanks very much in advance to anyone that can help.

matt.

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

Right last minute check list, if anybody can think of anything ive missed or can add anything useful please do.

In my bundle I have:

Witness Statement

Correspondance from the court

Correspondance to/from lloyds and [problem]

List of charges supplied from lloyds

a latest schudule of charges

relevant case laws

early day motion from H.o.P

Dunlop v New garage

Martin Orton letter and some overdraft T&Cs also the Dublin banks charges rates that show them charging about £3(courtesy of mistermind)

Peter Mcnamara transcript

UTCCR,UTCA,SOGA

analysis of unfair terms

Australian report

OFT report

Scottich law comission report on penalty charges.

This is the order I have entered them into my bundle. A couple of things i'm a little bit unsure off is,

1, I havent put anything in my witness statement about the Dublin banks, do I need to??

2, Is the scottish law report relevant and has anyone else included this.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful, I am starting to feel as if I can see the finishing line and winning post :-) .

thanks.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

• 2 weeks later...

Filed my bundle this week and today was the deadline and have received nothing from [problem] (surprise surprise :rolleyes: ) so i sent the non complience letter off today.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

hi just joined this site, but been viewing daily. need advice if any one can help, claimed bank charges back in april 07. but lloyds tsb sent back a nice but no sorry letter on 22/05/07. sent a threatning court letter on 30/05/07 and gave them 7 days to reply. i have had no reply and since then i have called their recovery centre on 01264 725214 constantly from 8-7 pm but it is always engaged with a message on it stating to wait 28 days for a reply, and to leave my details and they will call me back but then mail box is always full so it cant take any more messages, today i called their help line on 0845 3 000 000 and was told that lloyds are now making appointments with their financial advicers to see how they can help, and also discuss charges. as anyone else had to to this. my daughter claimed 1120.00 from hsbc and was paid 1000.00 two weeks later and after just one letter should i turn up for meeting with financial advicer, should i give them till 27/06/07 (28 DAYS ) or should i take it to court, please can anyone advice

Hi dinnerlady,

You should be posting a question like this on your own thread. But to answer your question letter quickly, you will have to start court proceedings off against them, as they are not even replying to a lot of letters now due to all the claims. I would avoid going to the bank if I was you, because as with their standard 9 point defence, they will just baffle you with bull and jargon and it will put you off. I did not get a response from them at all with my claim, until I started court proceedings on MCOL.

Good luck with it.

Hi can one of the mods please change the title of my thread to

WON

I cant believe it, I checked my account this morning and nothing and checked again when I got in from work at lunchtime and still nothing.

I had a sleep and woke up about an hour ago, checked again and it was in there. £4010.02.

I would like to thank all the people that have posted on my thread and all the moderators and site helpers who run this site as without all the help I would never have done it.

I will defenitley send a donation, is it possible to send a cheque as a donation as I no longer have a debit card thanks to lloyds. If so could one of the mods please PM me the address, if not I will use my wifes debit card and set up a paypal account(is that how you do it??)

Anyway Im off out to celebrate with the family now.

Once again thanks to everyone and keep the faith. I still have a £3800 on going claim with the Abbey and Im going to start a new claim with Lloyds next week :D :D :D :D :D

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Congrats Matty, well done and enjoy your celebrations. I had sort of good news yestardat to with SC&M offering to settle my father-in-laws claim in full plus court fees and also an A&Q fee, which I didn't pay for (not arguing).

I sent back an exceptance letter I found in another thread, not agreeing to their terms apart from discontinuing the court action.

Anyway brill news mate

Great stuff, well done Matty!!:D

There coming thick and fast this week!!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Thanks Gary,

It does seem to be a great week against lloyds.

Can you put a big WON in my title so I can see what it looks like.:D

thank you

ooops you have, thank you

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Well done Matty!!! Great news.

How far round will the bubbly go at the next shareholders meeting!!!!

I'm going to take on the shAbbey next! Hopefully if my nerves can take it.

Well done

Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

:) Congratulations Matt - I too WON with Lloyds

I had a letter this morning stating the £30 (& £3?) I was charged earlier in the year would be refunded in ten days! Thats all for six years, but hey I got it back!

Well done!! Poor old lloyds sharholders must be sobbing this week!- I wonder how much **** are charging Lloyds for all of their 'work'!!??

The story so far...

28-2-07 Copy statements requested

10-3-07 (Partial) Copy statements arrived

13-3-07 Prelim request for refund posted (recorded delivery)

19-3-07 Royal mail finally get round to deliving Prelim letter :mad::???:

01-05-07 First 'sod off' letter received from Lloyds

4-05-07 LBA sent out

Nasty Lloyds couldn't bother to respond so....

25-5-07 MCOL submitted

30-5-07 Claim issued

27-6-07 Defence filed

09-07-07 Lloyds Solicitors offer to settle (albeit with incorrect interest figure)

16-7-07 Letter to Lloyds sols refusing incorrect figure but agreeing to settle with correct figure

Thanks alot for the congrats, it feels good.

I know everyone says it but if i can do it anyone can. I never knew the 1st thing about reclaiming through the courts until I came to this site but it gives you all you need to win.

good luck everyboddy with your claims. And im not going anywhere either soon there will be Mattvlloyds part2 and mywifevlloyds.:D

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI