• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

matt v lloyds ****WON!!!****

mattyb13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is my second claim im about to put in. I also have a thread in the abbey section aswell.

what Ive done so far:

Basically, I have statements going back to July 2002 thanks to lloyds online. I have £2926 to claim back from 1st Feb 2007 - July 2002.

I sent Lloyds a letter( before I found this great place ) saying that I knew I was entitled to claim back 6 years charges but if they sent me £3000 before the end of the month I would agree to make no further claim for the other 16 months from Feb 01 - June 02. Unlikely I know.

I have also sent a SAR letter to them to get statements from Feb 01 so if they do not pay up I already have the ball rolling so to speak.

If they dont pay up as expected could the letter I have already sent count as a prelim letter or would I have to send a new prelim as the amount I would be requesting back would be a totally different amount.

thanks.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mattyb13,

When you finally arrive at the actual amount you are claiming, you should send the spreadsheet to them with your refund request.

Make sure you have done your calculation fully with all your charges in the spreadsheet because there is no chance to change it when the case get to court. Although you can change it after submitting your claim in court, it is not advisable to make changes because you will introduce complexities and you could play into their hands.

This is why you make sure of your claim from the beginning rather than later.

Good luck

mistie, I have sent a SAR letter to them for the missing months I intend to claim all of it if they dont respond by the end of the month to my inital letter. If they dont respond within the 40 days at least then I can make an estitmate for the full 6 years on the information I already have. I'm not sure if you could estitmate the full 6 years if you have not tried to get the info 1st but you could certainly send them a prelim letter now for the charges going back to July2002 but I am definetly going for the full amount.

good luck.

matt.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

I sent my SAR to the address below by recorded delivery on the 21st Feb but when i check royal mail tracking service it is not showing it has been delivered?? was this the right person/address to send it to??

Penny Berryman

Senior Manager

Data Protection Dept.

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

The Pentagon

48, Chiswell Street

London

EC1Y 4XX

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi Matt

Sometimes that tracking system on the RM website doesn't work properly. Try giving LTSB a ring on 0117 943 3133.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

just a warning this is a long post as it contains 2 letters in it.

this is now where im at.

basically i wrote this letter to lloyds

Customer Care Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row,

Birmingham.

B3 3SF 16th February 2007

SORT CODE xx-xx-xx

ACCOUNT NO. xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing to you because I am absolutely disgusted at the amount of bank charges I have had on my account in recent years. I went to seek advice on this matter when I received a letter from your company last week saying I was going to be charged another £120 on the 1st of March.

I got some very helpful and interesting advice. I have been advised that I am entitled to reclaim the last 6 years bank charges and interest because these charges that you impose are actually unlawful. I have been told how to go about reclaiming these charges and I am willing to take this matter to court if you do not provide me with a refund of my charges.

I have decided to give you every chance to solve this matter without me having to take a formal approach with this.

I have looked back over my statements online which date back until July 2002. From that date through to today I have been charged a massive £2926.00 with another £120 pending. This figure does not include any interest whatsoever.

I am willing to accept a payment of £3000 if this matter is resolved within 14 days from the date on this letter. Should you choose not to respond to this letter or respond in a negative manner I shall take action to recover the full 6 years charges dating back to March 2001 plus interest.

I will accept payment of the £3000 paid directly into the account in question or by cheque. You should have all the data from my account but should you want me to forward all the charges that you have made from July 2002 - February 2007 please respond to this letter within 7 days because I will by no means extend the deadline of 14 days for this to be resolved. Should you choose to accept my proposal of £3000 I will agree to make no further claim on this account.

I hope this matter can be resolved in a civil manner and I look forward to your prompt response.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxx xxxxx

Ok, im not sure if that was the "right" thing to do but I thought I would give it a shot. Anyway I have received this letter from them this morning.

Dear Mr xxxxx

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work- and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft,or tell customers we cant agree it. We feel its fair to charge for this service.

Of course its only fair too,that we are completely open about charged-for services before you take them up.

It then goes on to say about you can check your balance online,phone,branch blah de blah.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging system as fair as possible - and why I cant agree to cancel your charges.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. If we cannot come to an agreed solution after this I will help forward your complaint on to the FOS for independabnt advice.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need to reply to my letter. If I have not heard back from you by the 19/04/2007, I will close my file, though I will be happy to reopen it should you come back at any point afterwards.

yours sincerely

Debbie Gilbert

Team manager

Customer service recovery centre Andover.

A few things I need advice on.

1, at the moment I am getting into debt fast and I could do with getting my bank charges back ASAP.I know this is not just a get rich quick scheme but if i can save time anywhere it would help I have data like i said in my letter proving £2926 in charges going back to 2002. I have sent a S.A.R to lloyds but can I just claim the £2926 back and then make another claim when I get the rest of the data??

2, as I have sent the letter above and have got the above response could I now send a LBA if im just going to claim, back the £2926 + the £120 pending or do I need to write another prelim??

If you have read through all of this post thank you very, very much as I know it is long winded and thanks for any advice you may be able to offer.

thanks matt.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Hi Matt

No problem with you pm'ing me:) . Don't know if I'll be much help though.

If you really can't wait, I would claim for the £2936 now, and claim for the rest when you get the info back.

Yes send the LBA for the amount you know about, give them 14 days and then start your Court claim, by then you might also have the rest of the statements back and you can add this onto the Claim.

Hope this helps a little:)

Barty:)

• Haha 1

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

so my original letter was ok. right if I send the LBA now i need to enclose the list/spreadsheet of charges is that right? I didn't send a list of charges with the original letter but told them to let me know if they wanted them.

thanks,

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Just 1 more question, lol.

should i send the LBA to the customer service recovery centre, which is where i received their response came from or to the head office??

thank you.

matt

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Received a letter today from collection centre in Brighton, my account is over £2200 O/D and my O/D is £1850. they are demanding the £350+ back immediatley. I feel I'm being swallowed up here.

In the letter they are also telling me they are charging an initial £25 and these charges will be followed by charges of £17.50 for each account in collections. They go on to say that the number of charges will be determined by the length of time that im in collections with.

Are the above charges reclaimable??

oh and i received a letter telling me they are charging me another O/D excess fee of £30..these people are relentless.

any advice greatly appreciated.

matt.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

hi matty,

was in the same boat as you 3weeks ago they took a dd out when there was not enough money in to cover it so i phoned them up saying that they return dd's on account that dont have the money in so now i will be charged for going my od limit of £440 and then extra on top.

they very kindly agreed to extend my od to £1500 to cover all pending charges to come out of the account. i am paying off £100 back to them each month.

they dont know yet that i will be claiming all my charges back. worth a try.

tell them no way can you afford to pay and see if they can set something up for you.

• Haha 1

Mattyb13 - As you PMed I will try and reply.

You seem to be going fine, using your disgusted letter (made me laugh) as a prelim and then issued your LBA per this site (I hope) yesterday.

Yes add on all charges when your issue your claim form in around 2 weeks - no need to issue another LBA with most recent charges.

Turning now to your immediate problem that I have no direct experience of - I may add.

As Mistie says try phoning them first, ask for an increased overdraft and make an arrangement to pay off. Mistie did well here, as she (I presume a lady) says, do not mention you are claiming back the charges.

I am concerned that if they send your account to collections they will default you and you will have severe difficulties obtaining credit again - so we should try and avoid this.

If either of these do not work and your account goes to collections then when you file your N1 I believe you can ask for these defaults to be removed at the same time. Having said that I have checked the N1 template and it does not seem to have a provision for that, although the initial letters do - I am confused here.

Although a bit presumptuous I presume you have credit history that is not shot to pieces already.

Somebody else who has more direct experience maybe able to advise you of method to prevent them from defaulting you.

Post up how you get along and further advice will ensue.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

i would just like to thank you guys that have helped me, I have sorted out my imediate problem (thanks mistie) and the advice ive received from both barty and guidoT has been extremley helpful and given me every confidence to go forward with this(scales have been clicked guys).

Im going to send my LBA on monday as that will be 14 days since i sent 1st letter and there is another 120£ going out my account in charges friday, Ive been told another 95£ is going out next month can i add this to the LBA or not.

once again thanks guys, this place is great.

matt.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

going to send LBA in the morning. I read a post by somebody in another thread saying that the customer recovery centre in andover is not accepting recorded deliveries at the moment. Is it still the right place to send my LBA to?

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

• 2 weeks later...

right their deadline to respond to the LBA is up on monday so its off to the courts on monday to pick up a N1 form and get that filled in.

Lloyds settled in full

Halifax CC settled

Lloyds PPI

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....