Manual intervention request in LBA - too late?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Due to send LBA tomorrow and whilst double checking the templates and step by step guide, realised that I think I've missed something important...

Because I had all my statements the 'preliminary' letter was the first one I sent so I haven't officially asked for details of manual intervention yet.

I notice this is often referred to at the claims stage. Have I blown it already or can I include the relevant paras from the SAR letter in my LBA:?

Alternatively should I iniate a (seperate) formal request for manual intervention details in case I do get to the court stage and if so, would I still need to send £10 for this info.

Any advice massively appreciated :)

:D:D:DHalifax settled in full:

£562 in charges

06/02/07 - Sent preliminary letter recorded delivery to branch.

10/02/07 - Recieved 'passed to complaints dept' letter from

branch assistant manager.

20/02/07 - Sent LBA recorded delivery to branch.

22/02/07 - Recieved letter from complaints dept offering £444.

Called in person to reject and was offered full amount there and then. Posted back amended acceptance form.

:)Donated 5% of money recieved because I would never have got my money back without this site - please do the same when (not if!) you get yours back too

Phew !:p:p

Thanks v much for the reply Jos. Still at the quite panicky stage where this is all a bit new and scary so getting a bit of gentle reassurance from people who've been through the system (and won!!!) is one of the best things about this site.

Will get LBA off today - another step closer to getting my money back :smile:

Bernie

£562 in charges

Called in person to reject and was offered full amount there and then. Posted back amended acceptance form.

:)Donated 5% of money recieved because I would never have got my money back without this site - please do the same when (not if!) you get yours back too

Still learning myself, but sure someone more knowledgeable will correct me if wrong!

The references to MI relate to a request in the first template letter (S.A.R) where you ask for copies of your charges/statements from your bank. I think the idea is that you're asking for any evidence that the process of charging you is anything other than completely automated and carried out by computers (which basically we know it is!). In other words if it's cost £30 because someone from the bank worked out how overdrawn you were on an abacus, payed your DDs in pennies in person and then handwrote and handelivered the letter to you, they might have a case! But from what I gather, banks have been claiming this information is exempt from the Freedom of Information rules and haven't been providing it anyway.

If you haven't included it in your letters so far, doesn't look it matters too much (I was just being hyper cautious cos this is all so new!).

Good luck with your claim ;)

Bernie

£562 in charges