Unfair deposit for flat,

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there anyone out there that can help.

I moved into this falt back in January 2006.

I found out that I was having to move down to the West Midlands in November 2005 when I got myself a new job.

The landlord of the flat said that because there would be no one in the falt during December 2005 that in order to secure the place I would have to pay (the norm) 1 months deposit plus a month rent which was done before I moved but since as I said the flat was vacant that I would have to pay half months rent for December 2005, to make sure that I would get the place.

I needed somewhere to move to and so because of time constriant I paid it.

So paid out:

£45.00 - Credit Checked (which he dumped on me at the last minute before paying)

£225.00 - Half month rent for December 2005

£450.00 - Month's deposit

£450.00 - One Month Rent.

Was he fair in charging me for December 2005? If not can I be entitled to get the money back.

Colin

Hmmm....not particularly fair, but you agreed to it at the end of the day, in order to secure the flat. You entered into an agreement with him to pay this money in order to secure the flat, you cannot really turn round now that you HAVE secured the flat and say actually, I think I was wrong to agree, I would like the money back. In more legal terms, you made a contract with him, which you cannot now rescind IMO.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!