Lloyds ate my son :(

jaffa01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

We received the courts Notice of Issue several weeks ago in which they gave the Defendent (Lloyds) until the 30 of May (today) to reply to our claim. Well the post has come and gone with nothing from Lloyds at all.

I take it now we fill in the Request for Judgement section of the Notice of Issue ticking the Defendent has not filed an admission or defence etc..... box.

Is it really that simple or have I missed something here????

Hi all,

Another day, Another empty postbox.:sad:

Having read Barty's link above it gives you two options, either send back the completed Judgement of Default, going down the court procedual road and all that that entails with the amount of time and cost, etc, or send Lloyds a 7 days to respond letter, then continue as option one if no response is forthcoming.

Ok, sending them a letter looks good on your file but surely Lloyds will just ignore that as well and you will then have to follow option one anyway having given them an EXTRA 7 DAYS grace.

Just to confuse matters, I read in the Daily Mail the other day that, although you can go down the court path, you can also write to the financial ombudsman who will try to get your money back for you (why didn't I keep the article?).:confused:

Did anyone else see that, per chance?

What is the recommended path to follow here?

What is everyone else doing at this stage?

Help.......

Just a word on the above. Getting judgement is only the half of it. Getting paid is what counts. If you don't write the letter and get judgement they have a chance to apply for a set aside and delay the process for months. If you write the letter you have reasonable grounds to object to a set aside and proof you have done all you can to move the process forward. I got judgemet on 4th may, issued a warrant on 21st may and still no money:eek:

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Hi people,

Right, just as we were making up our minds as to which option to take, I think we were leaning toward sending the letter, we receive an 'Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed' letter from the courts. Lloyds filed this on the last day (30th May) and it says they have 28 days, blah-de-blah, to file a defence.

It was filed by [problem].

Would appreciate it if someone could tell us the next step; I presume we have to just wait for now........:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes. LTSB did send their defence letter last week which puts their case quite strongly. I'm hoping you are going to say that this is just standard and not to worry, etc.

My son is getting a little concerned but we shall persevere til the end....

......just need a little guidance as to what to do next