GYHOMS v hsbc... have just entered defence

GetYourHandsOfMyStack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

havent posted on this before as i decided in december to save myself the hassle of doing this all myself and signed up with a group of solicitors (who shall remain nameless) but after they took a month to actually let me know they had even sent the bank the first letter, and then seemed quite happy to wait over a month for any response form my bank - i have decided to do it myself. Rang up hsbc on 16/02/2007 and asked them if they had sent the solicitors any statements. Took over half an hour to get to the right person and then when i did, they acknowledged that they had recieved the letter from solicitors on 12/01/07, but there had been an 'error' and they had forgotton to do anything about it. Funnily enough this was not the first time i had rung them, first time i rang, they said they had got the letter and a special dept was looking into my case, next time i rang they denied ever recieving the letter, and several other calls were just as useless. Anyway, as i had told the solicitors not to bother with my claim anymore i asked the bank to send the documents straight to my home address. They said this would take a further 10 working days. Incidentally, i have internet banking - so have managed to print off my last 6yrs of statements from that and have already calculated that they owe me about £2,300 - does anyone know if i can use these printouts, will the bank be really fussy about which ones i use? if i can use these then presumably i can just go ahead and send them a letter demanding them all back? also - are there any charges which aren't deemed as reclaimable? they've been charging me on average £100 per month for the last year, so im pretty skint and could do with getting this moving fairly quickly!

cheers!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Pink Floyd fan.

take a look at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/15518-charges-description-statements-please.html

this will outline charges you can and cannot ask for.

Your online statements will do just fine.

You will have to enter the details into a spreadsheet in any case.

Crusher :-D

• Haha 1

my advice is to read as many threads as you can on here, and the faq's and familiarise yourself with the process of claiming your money back. it' not a get rich quick formula and you have to understand exactly what it is you are doing at each stage. help is at hand every step of the way so if you need questions answering - ask away.

welcome to the forum

• Haha 1

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

And some of us are totally mad like me ! but make no mistake we are all striving for the same goal and there are so great people on here who will give you good firm advice, and in my opion you have really hit the jackpot with Crusher, netty & lateralus jumping into your thread for support, me I'am little like the mad one in the A Team but best of luck and keep everyone posted as you go a long and should you get stuck there is usually someone that comes up with the right result for you in double quick time

• 2 weeks later...

hello again!

been waiting for my bank statements since my last post - nice lady on the phone said they were guaranteed to be here by friday just gone at the lastest, its now monday and i dont have 'em. First asked for them 12/01/07. think they may be stalling! I'm not that good at maths, but thats def over 40 days...i think...anyway, went online and wrote down all the charges and dates and stuff by hand, cos my poor little printer would never cope with the whole lot. have done the spreadsheet, which was great fun! Does anyone think if i just handed in the breadsheet and letter asking for the charges back without the actual hard copies of the statements this would be a very bad idea? Im guessing its not the best idea.. also i guess i could make a complaint about them breaching DPA for not sending them, but bless them, they had an 'error' and forgot to send them - should i be tough and go for it? will it look soft if i let them off? i just dont know...

There is a letter you can use to gee them up with the statements.

While they stew over that, you can fill in your spreadsheet, get your total, put in the first letter for repayment.

Get that clock ticking, as hsbc are certainly dragging their feet at the moment

Crusher :-D

no need for solicitors on here. just take your time, do your homework cos you're by yourself.. although you've got as much help and advice as you need - and when you win, you've got the 'ultimate' feeling that you'll have done this all by yourself - with a little help from your friends!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

just noticed a slight amibguity between my last two posts which makes me look like a bit of a mentalist - i originally printed out my statements using the printer at work (so's i dindnt have to use my printer!) and then left them at work - doh! was gonna let it ride but then ive already spelt my username wrong and i dont want you lot thinking ive got two personalities - one who has printed his statements off and one who hasnt - neither of which can spell properly, not only would that be a bit mental, it would be a very boring kind of mental! :D incidentally i still dont have my statements from the bank -i rang them up to complain on monday and they said they would 'fast-track' them to me. think they must have gone so fast they went straight past me and all the way back to the bank...

yep, that was a bit of a ramble wasnt it! anyway... am a bit confused about the interest im sposed to claim for in the first letter i send them. all the debit interest ive been charged is, i think, a mixture of interest on an agreed overdraft limit i had, and possible interest on the charges. so i dont think i can prove which of it i shouldnt have been charged, and how much that would be, problem is that my agreed limit has fluctuated so much in the last 6yrs, and ive no record of when this was - i could ask the bank for this info, but theyve taken so long over the statements themselve i reckon this would string it out even further... am quite happy to just claim for the actual charges themselves, as the interest would only make a small amount of difference. but then if im not claiming for this amount which im entitled to, does it affect my overall claim in terms of credibility?

it affects nothing except the total - to do it - not to do it - your choice entirely. it matters not what your agreed o/d was - by using the advanced spreadsheet in the library when you put the amount of your balance at the time of the charge - taking into account all the other charges -the s/s does all the calculations for you. it will take all, some or none of each interest charge using some complicated calculation that i wouldn't understand, ever. but it just works - does it all - so, my advice would be - do the advanced s/s and see wht you are dealing with - if it isn't a significant amount - leave it off as sometimes (not always - but sometimes) the o/d interest becomes a sticking point with dg/hsbc when it comes to offers. does that clear it up for you?

• Haha 1

yeah, thats really helpful actually, the advanced apreadsheet was hurting my brain a bit - not gonna bother with the interest is to little to worry about, plus dont fancy any sticking points with the bank. have printed off my letter and sent it off just now - just gotta sit back and wait! cheers

Wow! Finally got my statements from HSBC yesterday and this morning -all in seperate envelopes - guess what? they've only gone and sent me random statements throughout the last 6yrs (not the complete set, not in any sort of order) im missing about half of them, but its ok, cos the ones they have sent me they've sent two copies! Brilliant! does this mean i can claim back some of the charges twice...?:D

Pweeeze Help! I have had an HSBC Current account for over 10yrs now- I also had until January an HSBC Gold Card with a £6000 credit limit. In November I had a serious car accident and went over my limit and in arrears by 2 months with card payment. On the 19th Jan 2007 I informed HSBC through thir call centre in India that a £6000 payment had been made and enquired with a " Manager " in card services if the Card was still active and no limitations have been placed on the card. The response from the manager was the cards ok nothing to worry about, just don't use the card for 3 days until payment has cleared ( 19th Jan 2007 ) on the 22nd Jan payment cleared and the balance was reduced to £520. On the 25th Jan I tried to use the card and It was declined. The card and account had been suspended. Sneeky F*****S " we've got your money now we're suspending your card. I'm told the decision was taken at "BRANCH " level to suspend the card.

I of course wrote asking them to explain all of this .... to date I have has 2 letters from HSBC all template letters telling me I can apply for a new Gold card in 3 months - I am also in the process of claiming £1,700 in bank charges and in dispute with them on their refusal to send me out a new standing order form so that I can send it to my new bank to set up payment for my personal loan which I have with them.

They claim they need security thats why they refuse to change payment method on the loan account. I have informed them that they have no security anyway as my monthly wages as from the end of the month willbe paid into my new account. Can anyone shed some light on the above some advice would be greatful for a virgin posteee..... Many thanks

they do that just to p**s you off i think! yeah that's a thought, claiming twice lol

Thats what i thought - unfortunately for them i found it really funny - just imagine, someone at some level there must have gone 'hmm... i know, we wont send him his statements, we'll b*gger it up a bit and send him some random ones twice, that'll annoy him!' its so childish and silly but inventive at the same time, wonder if they've done that to anyone else or theyre experimenting with new tactics with me! i hope so

hello again, starting to get a bit worried about the letter i sent demanding the charges back. Have heard nothing yet and the 14days are nearly up, bank wont say whether theyve recieved it or not, plus i couldt afford to send it recorded delivery (got charged another £50 this month) so ive got no proof i sent it. The address i used was:

HSBC BANK PLC

8 CANADA SQUARE

LONDON

E14 5HQ

this is the one i got off this site, but am thinking maybe i had to send it to a complaints dept or something like that? Plus saw that program last nite, and am still in a light miff! :D