McGremlin V halifax plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i recieved my statements from the bank after phoning them up. They only charged £5 for all my statements for the last six years, and yet they charge £30 for 'their costs'.

I have totalled my charges and it came to £2021. i sent the premlim letter on tuesday 13th february 2007. so i am just waiting for them to tell me to bog off!

Will keep you posted.

McGremlin

Hi McGremlin --- good luck with the Halifax. I successfully claimed back all of my charges - £2281 - following two letters and a phone call. Have a read of my thread to see how I got on :D :D :D

Halifax seem to be one of the better banks to deal with when it comes to reclaiming back what they should never have taken from you in the first place!!!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi i recieved a letter back from halifax today following my prelim letter. they state under the financial service authoritys rules they have 8 weeks to investigate. i am now going to wait till tuesday and then send the first LBA letter.

has anyone else had this letter with a little leaflet?

cheers

mcgremlin

Yes, I think we all receive the same standard replies to our letters. You'll send your LBA & get another standard letter telling you they have 4 weeks to sort it out BUT keep to YOUR timescales & file at Court if no joy after the 14 days!!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mcgremlin

If you don't wish to go down the court route, you could try giving them a ring on the number on your offer letter. Say that you've court papers ready to send, but wonder if they can up the offer. I did this and they gave me the full amount:D Could be worth a try if you don't want to wait too long for your money.

You will probably get a bit of a "slapped wrist" in the form "do you not appreciate it costs money to run accounts where items are returned". My response to that was "yes I do appreciate that fact, but the amount you have made in interest alone would more than cover any cost associated with the running of my account". That stumped the person on the other end!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

• Haha 1

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Jaxads, i just took your advice from another of your posts, i settled for £1950 which is only £50 shy of the amount! Good work!!!!!! they said they will send it in writitng straight away!

WELL DONE :D:D:D

Saves the hassle and expense and time of having to go to court!!!

Enjoy xx

jaxads

Right i wont close post until i have recieved the money. does anyone know how long it takes them to credit your account once they have agreed an amount?

i am assuming i have to sign something?

Give them a ring asking where it is. But it can take them a couple of weeks.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

CONGRATULATIONS......!!!!!!

Hope you have fun spending it..:D :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Enjoy :D:d

jaxads