Anybody come across LDK Security?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son recently parked in one of their car parks (pay and display) He bought a ticket £1.50 for two hours and as their tickets dont have the usual sticky back on just placed it on his dashboard. He returned to find a Penalty fine of £60. The ticket had fallen possibly down the front of the dash when he closed his door. I wrote to them enclosing the purchased ticket but didnt give our address only a mobile number for contact. They rang asking for an address to send the appeal to so I sent them an email stating I wasnt prepared to pay and using my works address. Next day they sent a rejection letter stating that the fine would go up if not paid in 14 days, I only received the letter today as my work place was closed over xmas. Any ideas what we can do??? Its my house and my son lives with me, can they really pbtain our address and send the heavies in??????

This also happened to my aunt in a proper council park and they let her off as she had the ticket as priif.

For them to "send the heavies round", the case would have to go to court (very unlikely) you lose (very, very unliekly) and then you refuse to pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days. This is such an unlikely scenario that it's not worth worrying about. From now on don't contact these people and ignore all correspondence from them. You are taking the whole matter too seriously. The company are just a bunch of private citizens with no more power than you or me to demand money off somebody.

Edited by DBC

My son recently parked in one of their car parks (pay and display) He bought a ticket £1.50 for two hours and as their tickets dont have the usual sticky back on just placed it on his dashboard.

So he owes them absolutely nothing, end off story.

He returned to find a Penalty fine of £60.

It's not a fine, more a begging letter.

The ticket had fallen possibly down the front of the dash when he closed his door. I wrote to them enclosing the purchased ticket but didnt give our address only a mobile number for contact.

You have done far more than you should have done, ignore evrything from now on. Sadly, now that they have your phone number they will probably pester/threaten you via that now.

They rang asking for an address to send the appeal to so I sent them an email stating I wasnt prepared to pay and using my works address. Next day they sent a rejection letter stating that the fine would go up if not paid in 14 days, I only received the letter today as my work place was closed over xmas. Any ideas what we can do???

Yes, STOP contacting them and ignore them from now on.

Its my house and my son lives with me, can they really pbtain our address

If you are the registered keeper and it is your current address, then yes.

and send the heavies in??????

This myth just will not go away, NO ONE WILL TURN UP AT YOUR HOUSE.

This also happened to my aunt in a proper council park and they let her off as she had the ticket as priif.

That is the difference between a lawful authority and a Private parking company.

Any more worries/problems post back.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

After posting on here yesterday I found another letter in my pigeon hole, a DO NOT IGNORE final warnig letter stating that my time had ran out and I now had to pay £140 or it would be passed on to a collection agency. The letter also had a section on the bottom about transfer of liability, wanting to know who the driver was. Do you think it would be safe to carry on ignoring??? They obviously havent got the keeper details yet as its my sons car, not mine. I also forgot to mention that in the email I sent them several weeks ago I stated that I wasnt prepared to pay the fine, I had proof that a ticket was purchased, that it wasnt a fine but an unenforceable invoice and if they were to take me to court it would only be to recover money I have caused them to lose which was nil as the ticket was purchased. I also noiced on the back of the "fine" it has a section APPEALS which says that "you must provide evidence as to why you were parked in violation of the parking terms and conditions as displayed on the contractual warning signs" should it not say provide evidence as to why you were NOT in violation or am I reading too much into it??

It also says you must include your name and address in all correspondence...as if....

When you are issued with a PROPER fine from the police these details are already on your ticket.

I am quite worried

Don't worry. It's just part of their stupid scare tactics. You do not have to disclose the identity of the driver. You are taking these people too seriously. They are just private citizens with no special powers. They can't force you to do anything.

After posting on here yesterday I found another letter in my pigeon hole, a DO NOT IGNORE final warnig letter stating that my time had ran out and I now had to pay £140 or it would be passed on to a collection agency. The letter also had a section on the bottom about transfer of liability, wanting to know who the driver was. Do you think it would be safe to carry on ignoring??? They obviously havent got the keeper details yet as its my sons car, not mine. I also forgot to mention that in the email I sent them several weeks ago I stated that I wasnt prepared to pay the fine, I had proof that a ticket was purchased, that it wasnt a fine but an unenforceable invoice and if they were to take me to court it would only be to recover money I have caused them to lose which was nil as the ticket was purchased. I also noiced on the back of the "fine" it has a section APPEALS which says that "you must provide evidence as to why you were parked in violation of the parking terms and conditions as displayed on the contractual warning signs" should it not say provide evidence as to why you were NOT in violation or am I reading too much into it??

It also says you must include your name and address in all correspondence...as if....

When you are issued with a PROPER fine from the police these details are already on your ticket.

I am quite worried

Yes. Don't worry. I've followed the advice on the forum and the only issues or follow up questions I had was how many pieces of scrap paper were going to be posted through the letterbox.

I think you get a FINAL warning, then a FINAL FINAL warning that you must not ignore on pain of death. :)

After posting on here yesterday I found another letter in my pigeon hole, a DO IGNORE

I have corrected the text of their letter for you!

final warnig letter stating that my time had ran out and I now had to pay £140 or it would be passed on to a collection agency.

Ah the old collection agency ploy, and what can they do? Nothing but send you more junk mail.

The letter also had a section on the bottom about transfer of liability, wanting to know who the driver was.

I don't suppose it stated that you are under no obligation whatsoever to name the driver, funny, they must have forgot to put that bit in.

Do you think it would be safe to carry on ignoring???

YES, very.

They obviously havent got the keeper details yet as its my sons car, not mine. I also forgot to mention that in the email I sent them several weeks ago I stated that I wasnt prepared to pay the fine, I had proof that a ticket was purchased, that it wasnt a fine but an unenforceable invoice and if they were to take me to court it would only be to recover money I have caused them to lose which was nil as the ticket was purchased.

So you have clearly set out your position and they choose to do what you should do to them, IGNORE.

I also noiced on the back of the "fine" it has a section APPEALS

:lol::lol::lol: Sorry, every time I see that word from a Private Parking company I just burst out laughing.

which says that "you must provide evidence as to why you were parked in violation of the parking terms and conditions as displayed on the contractual warning signs"

Did it cite a legal authority as to why you MUST provide evidence? No thought not it's just BS.

should it not say provide evidence as to why you were NOT in violation or am I reading too much into it??

Yes far too much.

There's that word 'must' again, perhaps the law changed over Christmas to give them all these new powers to demand such things.

I am quite worried

You really needn't be, the letter chain is designed to have that very effect on you, the secret is to see it for what it is, it is simply a begging letter with follow up legal threats that they never carry out.

regards

Hey good people.

I have signed up just to ask for reassurace re: LDK / EDRS LTD ( Ethical Debt Recovery Services :roll:)

My wife was given a 'ticket' last year for obstructive parking in Sheffield. We didnt know anything about LDK at the time, and thought, being very simple people we would just write to them, including photos taken by my wife ( who was quick thinking). We didnt realise that they were complete sharks until doing a little research on the net after hearing back from them.

They did reply and said our dispute wasnt valid and we had to pay the fine. We did reply to that also, I know! bad of us, but we just said to go away, we wont be paying, and thats final.

So.. today a letter arrives, which I`ll post. Looks like a very nicely 'designed' letter, so I take it EDRS Ltd, are to be ignored along with the rest of the LDK criminal gang?

Some feedback would be fantastic.!

Ern,.

ps. Silly, but I cant even post an image until 20 posts! :/

I wish i'd found this sooner!

we got a 'fine' the other day by over staying the time on the ticket by 7minutes, this was due to dropping the car keys inside the hospital causing us to be delayed. being nice, we have sent a letter off to the wonderous ldk explaining the circumstances etc etc, with our address, i know, stupid!!, should have looked around beforehand!

so, now that we have made contact would it still be good advice to ignore their letters, which are bound to arrive any day now?

do they really have any grounds to take us to court as we technically did break the agreed time slot?

any help appreciated guys!

I am currently being harassed by LDK regarding "causing an obstruction" because I was parked in a "Loading Bay" which is merely a lay-by. I read the advice here and was absolutely convinced I was not going to pay. Unfortunately every time I get a letter it make you think just pay it to get rid of them. Then I read this again and it convinces me to carry on ignoring. I've just read some other stuff which is quite liberating and has guven me further steel to carry on.

Attached is section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.......

Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

— (1) A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he—

(a)

harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b)

falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

©

falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

(d)

utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

(2) A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

This pretty much sums LDK up.

Any thoughts and further comfort from members of the forum would be gratefully recieved.

I wish i'd found this sooner!

we got a 'fine' the other day by over staying the time on the ticket by 7minutes, this was due to dropping the car keys inside the hospital causing us to be delayed. being nice, we have sent a letter off to the wonderous ldk explaining the circumstances etc etc, with our address, i know, stupid!!, should have looked around beforehand!

so, now that we have made contact would it still be good advice to ignore their letters, which are bound to arrive any day now?

do they really have any grounds to take us to court as we technically did break the agreed time slot?

any help appreciated guys!

No they don't have any grounds to take you to court especially for the sums claimed as they in no way reflect their actual loss.

regards

I am currently being harassed by LDK regarding "causing an obstruction" because I was parked in a "Loading Bay" which is merely a lay-by. I read the advice here and was absolutely convinced I was not going to pay. Unfortunately every time I get a letter it make you think just pay it to get rid of them. Then I read this again and it convinces me to carry on ignoring. I've just read some other stuff which is quite liberating and has guven me further steel to carry on.

Attached is section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.......

Punishment for unlawful harassment of debtors.

— (1) A person commits an offence if, with the object of coercing another person to pay money claimed from the other as a debt due under a contract, he—

(a)

harasses the other with demands for payment which, in respect of their frequency or the manner or occasion of making any such demand, or of any threat or publicity by which any demand is accompanied, are calculated to subject him or members of his family or household to alarm, distress or humiliation;

(b)

falsely represents, in relation to the money claimed, that criminal proceedings lie for failure to pay it;

©

falsely represents himself to be authorised in some official capacity to claim or enforce payment; or

(d)

utters a document falsely represented by him to have some official character or purporting to have some official character which he knows it has not.

(2) A person may be guilty of an offence by virtue of subsection (1)(a) above if he concerts with others in the taking of such action as is described in that paragraph, notwithstanding that his own course of conduct does not by itself amount to harassment.

This pretty much sums LDK up.

Any thoughts and further comfort from members of the forum would be gratefully recieved.

Yes, I agree s40 sums them up spot on ut don't try and get anybody to do anything about it because they wont.

Ignore is really the best policy, if you feel like giving money away for peace of mind is there not a charity more worthy of your hard earned cash?

regards

• 2 weeks later...

Update re parking ticket received when pay and display ticket fell along dash......received another (not very official looking) letter at my works address, from ethical debt recovery stating they had now taken on the "debt" it wasnt signed or properly addressed to me other than the actual postal address. Thinking maybe just return to sender? as I opened it carefully so should be able to pritt stick it back down. Its my sons car anyway, they dont have proof of who was driving and he has since put on a private reg which should confuse these clowns even more if and when they contact Dvla for car owner details!!! The letter was obviously a standard letter as it even said that no dispute has been entered into when it clearly has via letter and email!!

Should I ignore or return to sender???

Regards

Update re parking ticket received when pay and display ticket fell along dash......received another (not very official looking) letter at my works address, from ethical debt recovery stating they had now taken on the "debt"

So they have taken on a debt that has never been established, they wont get very far with that.

it wasnt signed or properly addressed to me other than the actual postal address. Thinking maybe just return to sender?

I wouldn't waste your time sending it back, it's always good to keep them and have another read when you feel like a good laugh.

Its my sons car anyway, they dont have proof of who was driving

And there ends any chance of a case against you.

and he has since put on a private reg which should confuse these clowns even more if and when they contact Dvla for car owner details!!!

DVLA don't have owner details only registered keepers.

The letter was obviously a standard letter as it even said that no dispute has been entered into when it clearly has via letter and email!!

You have already done too much, and wasted your time and money.

Should I ignore or return to sender???

IGNORE

Regards

regards

regards

Was interesting to see that Even though the "Ethical Debt collection letter" had a London address on the bottom, the post mark was from Milton Keynes.........and when I looked further into this, surprise, surprise it shares the same PO BOX number as my friends at LDK!!!!! How do they get away with it???????

They get away with it because people have caved in and paid. So they are sticking to a script that works best for them hoping people wont notcie things like, different names but same address.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the (hopefully) final stage of dealing with LDK and EDRS now.

Got a ticket back in August 2010 on private land, ignored all three letters from LDK, was then passed to EDRS services.

Ive had three from them in total, all three neglect to include my first name or initial, simply "Mr Barker" as if they are in someway trying to disassociate themselves from me in regards to me complaining about them, but still reaching me and getting me to pay the money! The first two letters were actual duplicates of each other, sent 2 weeks apart with 2 different date stamps on, saying that I need to pay them and failure to do so will lead to court action.

The third letter was received on Saturday saying that its my final warning and it must be paid within 7 days otherwise court action will commence.

After a bit of digging around when I got the first letter, I cant help but notice that their address is based in London, N12 0DR.... take a look on Google Streetview, tell me what you see at the supposed address of 2 Woodberry Grove ....... ironically, I see a car park! Number 4 Woodberry Grove is Finchley Christian Spiritualist Church, number 6 onwards are houses, and a CAR PARK where number 2 should be!

All my post from them comes stamped from Milton Keynes,

Who registered ETHICALDEBTRECOVERY.COM?

Someone called Melissa Costello....... based where? You've guessed it, Milton Keynes.

Registrant:

Ethical Debt Recovery Services Ltd

107 Portishead Drive

Tattenhoe

Milton Keynes, Bucks MK4 3FE

GB

Domain name: ETHICALDEBTRECOVERY.COM

Administrative Contact:

Costello, Melissa contact@ mkwebman.com

107 Portishead Drive

Tattenhoe

Milton Keynes, Bucks MK4 3FE

GB

+44.1908749658

Looks like someone's possibly working from their bedroom? I wonder if the have the financial clout to actually take people to court and risk losing....

Fingers crossed this is the last time I'll hear from them!

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can anyone please advise !!!!

Never had a parking ticket before and im furious !

Went to Hartlepool couple of weeks ago and parked in a pay and display car park but the machine was out of order !!

Looking at all the other cars they had notes in so i just left the car as i was just popping into chemist to collect prescription .

As i returned i was being given a ticket i told him the machine was not working [ He said i dont care you should have rang our office]

I took a pound out of my purse and said theirs your pound for gods sake i was furious he tooks it and said i will let the office know .

Told him to take the ticket back and he did !

Now ive ended up with a debt collector letter saying i owe £140.00 I CANT BELEIVE IT !

I rang their office and was told we have a picture of the ticket on your car and i will have to pay as thye officers wouldnt ttake payment like that !

Im absolutley shocked at this that he took my money aswell as not cancelling the ticket can anyone advise im so tempted to go to the papers !

Ive been conned

HELP !!!

who issued the ticket, was it ldk or hartlepool council??

if it was ldk then read all the other threads and follow the advice to ignore them

Yep ldk [ wonder of they know their staff took the money i doubt it but i got no proof [

Im furious arrrrgggggg

• 3 weeks later...

EDRS Ltd otherwise known as Ethical Debt Recovery Services are indeed based in Milton Keynes just as LDK Security Group Ltd are. And, if you doubted that was sufficient to establish a link, the two directors of LDK just happen to be the only shareholders in EDRS. Furthermore, LDK staff will speak to you on EDRS's number it would seem! QED.