HFO services and Cabot finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

nothing yet gem sawer is ok guys will await his post as he win against HFO and had to take them to court for NON PAYMENT OF DEBT ? WEIRD THEY CANT PAY THEIR OWN DEBTS HUH

PATRICKQ1

Should have got one of the other dca's to chase them...lowells or mercers, or crapquest....etc :)

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just hope sawer comes on here and post his case cause it will be worth reading and also how he persued his case against HFO and won that and how he chased them for non payment of debt

patrickq1

sawer if you are their post it up mate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I've just read through this thread and am panicking about what I expect to follow.

I got the postcard from First Direct logistics asking me to ring as they'd tried to deliver a "package". I rung and confirmed my name and address, but I didn't give them a contact number, thankfully, and I witheld my number when I rang them. They've now said they'll send the "package" through normal post. I asked what the package was and they told me it's from HFO Services.

I reckon it's to do with an old loan from 5 years ago which I acknowldge is partly still owing. I had a rough time 3 years ago, split with partner, various things happened and after a spell of depression I lost my job. I re-negotiated payments but they stopped collecting and I hadn't heard anything from them for the past 3 years, until now. I knew the loan company would contact me one day, but not like this. Admitedly, I should have contacted them sooner.

I've read through everyone's experiences. I'm not in a position to settle this debt right now and HFO don't sound like they're the helpful type. I'm now panicking and quite scared of what's going to happen next. So far, the only thing they have from me is my name and address but no contact number for me.

Do I have to respond to them when I receive the "package?" Do I even have to acknowldege receiving the "package?" I would be happy to negotiate with the original loan provider, but not this lot if intimidating bullies.

Any advice on what I do next? Do nothing? I don't know.

hi chewy dont worry you are safe now lol

this is the favourite thread fo HFOs dearest clients,

YOU DO NOT OWE A PENNY YOU DO NOT AKNOWLEDGE ANY SUCHDEBTS

soignore the HFO /FIRST DIRECT,unil the time coeand it is neccessary to reply as it is they are just flying kites wait till yo get their threatening letter,until then do nothing no phone calls nthing

patrickq1

hi chewy...

firstly do not worry. When my partner and I first had contact from the nasty HFO bullys, it did worry me.

All that they say is crap, its just bullying tatics to try and get you to pay up or large payments each month.

If they ring, DO NOT go into a conversation with them . DO NOT give them any other contact numbers.

Tell them to write everything in writing, also tell tham that there calls are being recorded (even if they are not)

It seems that HFO have gone very quite over the past couple of months....

They have had lots of complaints against them to the trading standards and the OFT. Hence the reason why they seem not to be in contact with anyone at the momment!!

Patrick if your around mate, you could message chewy and tell them all about HFO AND why there is silence from them now!!:)

So chewy do not worry......

There are plenty of people on here to help!

Thanks patrickq1 for the advice. It helps and is appreciated, as is all advice.

I wasn't even sure if they could pursue this debt after such a long time, I'm clueless. Everything else I owed from that time has been paid up, it's been damn hard and just when I thought I could breathe a sigh of relief, this happens.

I've never been in a court in my life and never want to either. To make matters worse, my new partner actually WORKS in the Court so there's no way I can let it go that far. I would dread even telling him about this.

Just goes to show, this companies tactics work, I already feel intimidated. I just won't acknowledge the so called package when it arrives. I'm just glad I didn't give them a contact number, now I'll just worry about them turning up at my doorstep when my partner is here.

I'm glad I discovered this thread before I rung HFO!

Thank you Gem88!

I'm glad to hear someone knows what the panic feels like, if you know what I mean!

Why is it when you think everything is going well at last, something like this turns up to bite you on the b*m? I've got a new partner, I'm helping with my sister's wedding and life is ok, but now, this.

I'll just wait and see what happens but I'll keep you all updated.

I'm glad this thread is here, I've never come across anything like this before and it's a help to see people who have been where I am now. I did read that HFO seem to have been quiet lately. Maybe they've decided to try their luck with some new customers like me!

One positive thing, I've already emailed the OFT to complain about the sneaky tactic from First Direct logistics who delivered the card in the first place. I got that advice from another thread!

Chewy

They are a long way off court yet despite what they may say. My advice would be to let your partner know. Come back here when you get the threat letter from HFO and we will advise you best how to respond

Thanks ODC, not especially looking forward to telling my partner, I'll leave that one for a while I think. Need to get my head round this first. I'll take it as it comes for a while but nice to know you're all here and I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything else from them.

I need to avoid it going to court if I can. Never had a CCJ and I'll do my best not to get one, if I can.

Especially as my boyfriend works in the court!

CCJ is a long way off yet. They have many more hoops to go through before then. I know your bf works in the Court. Who better to help you wipe the floor with these people and their interpretation of the law.

i would be happy to sign the petition i have been having trouble with these Monkeys too (HFO) on one phone call from them they told me to go to a red light area and sell my self to pay their bill

let me know where and how i sign

Bigbear102

Well I got my so called "package" in the post. A nice glossy brochure from HFO which threatens all sorts of things. Along with the letter saying they have "bought" my debt from the loan company. I don't remember giving the loan company permission to pass my details to any third party, haven't they heard of Data Protection?

From what I hear, there is no level at which this company won't stoop to. I'm appalled at what they're saying to people and I'll join in any petition to be signed.

I await their next step but I won't be contacting them in the meantime.

First of all guys HI, and also congrats on a usefull site. Im hoping a can get some advice regarding these monkeys, They are constantly calling my mums house chasing an alleged debt to hutchinson 3G, I have told them that I dont know what this is regarding and I genuinley dont, however this is not my issue. My issue is, is that they are constantly calling my mums house where I do not even live and am not on the electoral role there, its constantly some guy called Mr William Black, he comes accross as being very rude and threatening. They called my house again last night with thier usual threat such as "at a push of a button we can cause chris loads of trouble" calling my sister uneducated and not knowing anything about the law, bearing in mind she is a police officer lol. at this point my sister hung up. 2 minutes later my sister phoned back up to speak to this guy again, she was not advised that her call was being recorded (I believe this is against law,) and to top it off HE then sent a recording of the conversation to my voicemail without asking to do so (is this illegal) im getting sick of this constant intimidation and am considering going to visit their office, and asking to directly speak to this "Mr William Black" but I know that this wont get me anywhere and id probably end up lamping the guy! any advice on how i should proceed with this, surely this constitutes harrasment

thanks in advance

Ball 942 I suggest you start your own thread on this so as you can get the proper help you need. I would however think that your sister would be in a position to cause thei ''William Black'' untold harm. If the courts were asked to take the word of a serving police officer against that of a lowlife DCA operative its fairly obvious who they would be leave.

Dear all,

I have recently returned from over 2 years in America to tend to my father who is recovering from a cancer operation, to find out that someone has used my identity to obtain a Barclaycard and decided not to pay off any of the balance.

A company called HFO called me yesterday at my Fathers address (how they obtained this I am not sure) claiming that I owed them money on an outstanding Barclaycard debt that had been sold onto them.

As I have never had a Barclaycard, I was undertandably shocked and exlpained the situation to a representative who continued to tell me that I still owed them money and asked 'how I would like to pay today?'

Being the owner of an established business, I do not take incompetance lightly and gave her an earful regarding basic professionalism and how to conduct yourself on the telephone and further enquired what steps were now needed to look into this matter which was obviously identity fraud.

I advised the rep. that I would be looking into this with the police and my sollicitor over the next few days and I/we would contact them via mail as soon as a MO was established. The rep. understood and the conversation ended.

What then proceeded was 'madness'. HFO reps continued to call me throughout the day which included hassling my Father, a recovering 70 year old, to try and speak to me. We managed to work out a call screening system between us and I have not spoken to anyone since yesterday morning.

I am preparing a letter to the MD of HFO requesting a silence from their organisation whilst I look into this matter.

Is there anything else that I should be doing in the interim?

Advice would be very much appreciated.

Hi black panther,

welcome to CAG and to the HFO fan club.

HFO are a nasty debt collector who ignore the rules and are already apparently being investigated by the police and I supect other bodies. Not much use I'm afraid at present to you and others subject to HFO's way of conducting themselves.

As for getting advice, may I suggest you start a new thread with HFO in the title. This thread is a little congested with several issues relating to HFO.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

Docman

Thanks for the reply. I have had a couple of people point me in the right direction from this website, which has been extremely helpful. I am only back in the UK for a few days and I want to get this 'ridiculous' matter sorted before I leave. Personally I am still baffled as to how this has happened.

As a matter of interest I am tracking down the contact details for the managing director of HFO and we will be having a very 'frank' conversation about everything that has happened to date in dealing with HFO.

I tracked down the cell phone number for the MD of Carphone Warehouse a few years back when they were messing me around and let me tell you, my case was sorted out within 48 hours of that call.

Wishing everyone luck in their dealings.

Regards,

TBP

theblackpanther, I've posted the registered address of HFO somewher on this forum. In case you can't find my post, here is the addresss.

HFO SERVICES LIMITED

KINGS PARADE

LOWER COOMBE STREET

CROYDON

SURREY

CR0 1AA

Company No. 05120067

l.a.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No we've been busy getting HFO's claims thrown out of court.

WON, WON, WON

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

yes well done doc you can print it on here and all the HFO THREADS that will let everyone knoe and to link all the hfo would be better as it is they are spread to thinly

but well done doc,hi gem only had my BILL FROM morgan stanlety DELETED but they also entered two defaults so i am awaiting more info from the ICO and fso TO SEE IF THEY CAN ADD MORE PRESSURE TO KILL THE DEFAULTS,THAT ARE CONSIDERED VEXHATIOUS in my opinion

patrickq1