Claim to courts - halifax defending claim, help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there! Hope someone can offer advice/reasurrance!! I have sent all the letters to Halifax claiming £1500 back, they sent an offer back offering £1000, I agreed to accept this as part payment but was claming the full amount back! So filed a claim at small claims court online, they sent their letter to the bank, didn't hear back for a while....so was starting to get worried, until this morning!

The court has sent me a letter saying the bank is defending all of the claim! Now im very worried, it says the bank now has a further 28 days to file a defence! What if I am going to be one of the unlucky ones that doesn't get the money back and ends up in more debt than I already am!

What usually happens at this stage? Am I right to be worried? or has anyone else been through this stage? it's not like I am claming for millions!! Why can't they just give me my money back! :(

Hi

The bank only has 28 days from the date your claim was deemed to be served to submit a defence, not a further 28 days.

When they haven't submitted a defence after the days are up, then file for Judgement with the Court.

The bank will not go to Court. I am in a similar position, if slightly further down the line.

Just play the waiting a game as you will get paid.

Regards

Thanks for you reply, hmm I see.

I'm a little confused then the letter from the court says 'An cknowledgment of service of your claim has been filed today, a copy of which is attached. The defendant now has 28 days from the date of service of the claim form to file a defence'

Is there anything I need to do now? Or do I wait?

Hi.

I had an Acknowledgement of Service the day I filed a judgement against the Halifax. They paid two cash amounts into my account the day after (no offer or anything) but this amount was not what I was claiming for. I am now at the stage of a defence being filed and having to fill in an Allocation Questionnaire. They are disputing the remaining balance saying that it doesn't match their records, so I'm trying to decide whether to take it further.

01/11/06 Sent S.A.R

02/11/06 Royalmail.com tells me letter is delivered (40 days and counting)

07/11/06 Electronic proof of delivery shows letter signed for

08/11/06 Cheque for 10 english pounds taken from my account

25/11/06 Received letter saying statements are on the way

01/12/06 Received statements