You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Thank you. If you look at the policy objectives outlined on page 3, I think that there is nothing there which indicates that a consumer is obliged to accept the Consumer Rights Act as an alternative to normal contractual remedies. The consumer rights act, in my view, operates to protect the consumer – and only the trader in a limited way in that it sets a time. For rejection of goods and receiving a complete refund. My understanding of the Act is that it works hand-in-hand with ordinary contract law and does not replace it. It simply clarifies certain remedies – but you can still avail yourself of all the normal remedies which exist in the common law of contract. If you bring a claim then frankly I don't see any point in particular referring to the 2015 Act. You have been supplied with a defective item – it amounts to a breach of warranty – especially because it is a non-fungible item and therefore it you are entitled to insist on damages to put you into the position that you would have been if the contract had been carried out correctly and without this breach. I don't see any difficulty in bringing this claim in a court, if necessary, as long as you have the quotations and the assessment of the dog that it does indeed have this dental problem. I've already said that when this dental problem became discernible is irrelevant in terms of an action against the breeder. It is relevant in terms of an action against Vets4Pets 
    • P.40/41 - C. Tier 2 Remedies – reduction in price or reject/refund C. Tier 2 Remedies – reduction in price or reject/refund   Again, I'm not an expert and just doing my best with the research I've done. Happy to be corrected / questioned.   Thanks
    • Could you please refer me to the correct page
    • @BankFodder Re the 'letter of claim' you're absolutely right, I'm sorry, that was a lazy question from me. I'm feeling the fatigue from the stress of this. I'll look it up.   In terms the comments I made about a replacement - I've read this document  (see link below) and it seemed to suggest that I'd need to prove that finding a suitable alternative would provide us with 'significant inconvenience', in order to legitimately refuse the refund. Happy to be corrected.   I know it's horrible to talk about replacements when thinking about living things, and as I said above we are keeping our puppy and committed to paying for the necessary treatment.   I was, however, trying to prove that a return and refund isn't an acceptable course of action for us. Hope this makes sense.   - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/274834/bis-13-1360-consumer-rights-bill-supply-of-goods-impact-final.pdf  
    • Hi all, Can I quickly check something with yourselves. I've finally been able to pick up all the correspondence she's received and I have a question. There is no "Notification Of Default Fees Charged" letters. am I right in saying that where a Default Charge/Fee/Penalty has been applied they should also provide a notification of the this and not just have it on the statement?  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
gumbodave

Claiming Charges After Bankruptcy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5169 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Does anyone know if there would be anything to stop someone (who is heavily indebted and basically insolvent) becoming bankrupt, then claiming for any bank charges made prior to bankruptcy?

I believe that any money obtained by doing this would have to be redirected to your creditors.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Also I dont think a bankrupt can issue any legal proceedings in his own name whilst undischarged - he would need the consent of the trustee/official receiver

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5169 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you