Jo Vs Halifax - worried

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, new to this site and just wanted to say Hi. I am in the process of claiming back last 6 years of bank charges. Got all my statements ( 37 letters! poor Mr Postie!) and to my shock I have £2563 of charges. I thought it was bad but not that bad! I sent my 1st letter off on Thursday 8th recorded delivery as recommended. I got a letter from Halifax today saying that is has been sent to complaints and they will deal with it as quickly as possible! We will see about that! Also to my shock I have the direct contact number for the assistant manager and I am not talking an 0845 or 0870 number either!! I have doubts in my mind though thinking that surely they wont pay out to me. Just my luck! I am also concerned about the concequences of claiming back my charges. For example Halifax closing the account as part of the "deal". I have had financial trouble and struggle to get credit so finding an account will be difficult. I am not sure of what accounts are out there, I am sure there must be some basic accounts where they do not do a credit check! Any advice on this would be great!

Do people get the full amount easily or do most people just get a percentage? Also how long does this process take, until you receive your money (if any!)? I honestly didnt think that it would be so simple but reading some of the peoples stories on here, people are getting the money! Your advice would be greatfully received! :-)

Hi

Welcome to the boards, everybody is nervous at the beginning. The more you read on these threads the more confident you will become.

There is a letter on one of the front pages about a bank being fined for closing an account.

I want to get the full amount back from my claim, I can remember all the sleepless nights that I had when the Halifax were hassling me for payments into my account. Even if I get nothing back it has given me great pleasure suing the Halifax.

Whether you go for the full amount or accept an offer would depend on your circumstances.

Hope this helps.

I have doubts in my mind though thinking that surely they wont pay out to me.
They'll pay, no worries.
I am not sure of what accounts are out there, I am sure there must be some basic accounts where they do not do a credit check!
For information on parachute accounts, please click on the following link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

Do people get the full amount easily or do most people just get a percentage? Also how long does this process take, until you receive your money (if any!)?
Go for the lot! ....It's your money. How much work you have to do and how long it takes varies from bank to bank. There is no hard and fast rule.

But if you follow our methods, you WILL get it.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks Barbershop for the words of encouragement! It is so nerve racking just waiting to see if they will pay up or not! Only time will tell. I just hope that the whole process doesnt drag out too much. I have a newborn and could do without any stress! But I think about if I get the full amount back, pay off debts get overdraft paid off (which I had to increse dramatically due to the charges!). Financial bliss. Wel as near as I will probably ever get anyway! Thanks again!

Rooster great advice, the parachute accounts are really helpful, thanks! Had a look at them all in detail re chrages etc!! lol. Thanks again to you both, I will kepp you posted when the postie brings me a letter! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well today is the last day that Halifax had to reply before I sent the second letter. :o To my shock this morning I got a phone call from Halifax informing me the usual that the charges were part of the terms and conditions of my bank account blah blah. They were willing to make me an offer (thats very nice of them!) of £900 (not so very nice of them). "is that offer ok for you?" erm no!!!! £2563 and £900 would you be happy?!? "What would be happy for you after all we want you to be happy!" I want the full amount £2563. I have a £1700 overdraft that I want to get rid of which I had to increase because of your charges! "If I cleared the overdraft would that make you happy?" NO!!!! Anyway to cut a long story short and my persistance of wanting the full amount and the man on the hone giving me the but we had to charge you blah blah. We went from and initial offer of £900 to me getting £2500 in about 5 mins! I am sooooo happy. I honestly thought I would not get the full amount and so quickly too. Two weeks is all it took me and I will have £2500 in my bank account soon. So easy, if I can do it then anyone can! So now I have been asked by members of my family to do the same for them! :)

Well today is the last day that Halifax had to reply before I sent the second letter. :o To my shock this morning I got a phone call from Halifax informing me the usual that the charges were part of the terms and conditions of my bank account blah blah. They were willing to make me an offer (thats very nice of them!) of £900 (not so very nice of them). "is that offer ok for you?" erm no!!!! £2563 and £900 would you be happy?!? "What would be happy for you after all we want you to be happy!" I want the full amount £2563. I have a £1700 overdraft that I want to get rid of which I had to increase because of your charges! "If I cleared the overdraft would that make you happy?" NO!!!! Anyway to cut a long story short and my persistance of wanting the full amount and the man on the hone giving me the but we had to charge you blah blah. We went from and initial offer of £900 to me getting £2500 in about 5 mins! I am sooooo happy. I honestly thought I would not get the full amount and so quickly too. Two weeks is all it took me and I will have £2500 in my bank account soon. So easy, if I can do it then anyone can! So now I have been asked by members of my family to do the same for them! :)

Well done Jo ! I'm new to this site, having registered this morning. I have just phone the Halifax to request my statements and am worried about how to deal with it all. Looking at this website it seems very supportive and informative. I just hope I get the same end result as you, I could do with having my overdraft paid off.

Well done --- congratulations on your success and also on your newborn

best wishes.

jaxads x

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thank you to you all for the congrats! Just waiting now for the funds to go into the account. Got the acceptance letter from the bank the next day! I still cannot believe how easy they have handed over the money! Well with profits in the billions what £2500!

Out of pocket I hope all goes well for you, this site really helped me and I had my doubts like we all do thinking they wouldnt pay but after reading stories on here you realise that they do! I hope all goes well for you! Tip make sure you doulbe check your statements when you go thrugh them incase you miss a couple of charges! All the best.

Thanks to everyone whose advised!

Hi there LilJo

reading your experience has made me feel a whole lot better about pursuing my claim. I am about to send off my SAR letter to HBOS. I have bottled out doing it before, but your posts have offered encouragement.

Well done with your claim

Regards

Angelyn